• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Big foot, Nessy, Chupakabra & such?

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
bigfoot2.jpeg
url
loch_ness_1_lg.jpg

Do you believe in such things?
The paranormal world as I might say.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
No. I don't believe in anything until it's proven that it exists. It's also hard to believe in things that are admitted to be hoaxes nearly everyday, like the people who claimed they captured a real Bigfoot a couple of weeks ago.

Kryssi

I think I'm decomposing!
Years
I remembered that elaborate hoax. It was weird how on the day of the conference, there was no 'body' of the bigfoot with them like they said they'd bring. All in all, as I and many others though, was just an empty gorilla suit.

maybe there are some things out there that cannot explain, but until then and when we get proof of such paranormal and thing like the Loch ness are explained... i'll have an open mind.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 6, 2009
No, I don't have the intention to believe in those things.
I mean, as long as they don't have any proof it makes no sense to me why you should believe it n__n;

Oh, and I read somewhere that the image you posted of Nessy is fake. :/ Can't remember where I read it exactly, but I do remember the fakeness.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
That was the only picture of Nessy I saw!
They claimed it was real!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Reading up on cryptids and Cryptozoology on Wikipedia is a fun was to pass time. XD

There are things that we have yet to discover. I believe that But a lot of these are just urban legends and hoaxes. There might have been some small basis of truth, but if there ever was, it has since been lost in entertainment value.

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Reading up on cryptids and Cryptology on Wikipedia is a fun was to pass time. XD

There are things that we have yet to discover. I believe that But a lot of these are just urban legends and hoaxes. There might have been some small basis of truth, but if there ever was, it has since been lost in entertainment value.
Include the scientific & skeptic values.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Include the scientific & skeptic values.
For every "scientific" finding there's a scientific explanation against.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Cryptozoology or anything. I like this stuff. And there have been lost species that have been found in the past because of the field. But, a lot of science gets mixed up in too much fable.

Last edited:

fade101

I rawr youu!!
Years
Chupakabra??? Where???
LOL! That thing freaks me out.. if only it was real...
And for nessy, idk... it might be real coz there are still some prehistorical animals that are still alive... such as roaches...
And last time, there was this fish thingy that was caught and scientists claimed that it was a prehistoric fish...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I don't believe in any of these. I'm a very sceptical person and unless something can be proven in a way I approve of... I usually won't believe it. I'm the same way with psychics and whatnot. :/
For every "scientific" finding there's a scientific explanation against.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing cryptology or anything. I like this stuff. And there have been lost species that have been found in the past because of the field. But, a lot of science gets mixed up in too much fable.
I think you've got the wrong word? Cryptology = cryptography = math. I'm pretty sure they never mentioned Big Foot in my algrebra class first term. ;p Not sure what the term you're looking for is, though.

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
Years
I believe the word is "cryptozoology."

In any case, we cannot say that they do not exist. Say you don't believe they do all you want, but it's impossible to prove a negative, therefore the possibility should be recognized. As for me? I know there's more to the world than meets the eye. Maybe Nessie, etc. are a part of it. I'll reserve judgement untl I see more conclusive evidence.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Yeah, I meant Cryptozoology. :x

I don't believe in that the legendary creatures, monsters, and urban legends. But the idea of new species, yeah. But a lot of stuff is just myth and hoaxes.

I only started reading this stuff recently and mostly because I like readings the explanations the disprove them. Mothman being a large barn owl for example. XD All those people freaking out over an owl. Thinking is was some kind of space creature or monster. Makes me laugh.

But I see nothing wrong in stuff like this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2011
In any case, we cannot say that they do not exist. Say you don't believe they do all you want, but it's impossible to prove a negative, therefore the possibility should be recognized. As for me? I know there's more to the world than meets the eye. Maybe Nessie, etc. are a part of it. I'll reserve judgement untl I see more conclusive evidence.

I would have to disagree here, while it could be sound to claim that something can't be disproved, using available evidence & common sense, we can draw a more rational conclusion.

Using Bigfoot as an example, there is a possibilty of his existance, but this is virtually impossible. The counter-evidence signficantly outweighs any evidence - e.g all known human+ sized modern land animals do leave identifiable evidence, still hasn't been seen despite being in a heavily populated region, a large group would be needed for breeding, there have been no primates native to the America, it already has a history of hoaxes etc etc.
As far as possibility goes there is definately not a 50-50 chance of the Bigfeet not existing. It's more of a million+ to one - i.e practically neglible.

I find it quite reasonable for one to firmly say that something specific as Bigfoot/the Tooth Fairy/ Flying Spag Monster/ Zeus/ Hogwarts/ Nessie etc does not exist, as all the evidence must be taken into account, regardless of lack of 'disproof'.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
I believe in Nessie. That's it. My cousin went to Scottland last year and they drove by that place where Nessie suposubly is and he recorded her with his phone and sent it to me. True story

Memory

let's waste time ✖
Years
One day, I'm going to dress up in a monkey suit and dance in front of a camera looking for big foot.

I swear I will.

But nah, I don't believe in that stuff. :<

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I have my disbeliefs and beliefs, but the Chupikabra sketches really freak me out! O.o

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
I live in Washington State where most Bigfoot sightings are. I do believe in them. You always hear stories about them elsewhere, but there are more stories than get out. I hear maybe 1/10 as many bigfoot stories when I'm out of state and their not credible. But here, even my most skeptical friends say that there is at least a possiblity, because we all know at least 10-15 people with bigfoot stories (that are different). Also, 2000 new species are discovered each year. 10 - 50 of which are primates. Who's to say there isn't something like that out there?

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
Meh maybe if they find evidence... solid evidence.

And a rant here:

Just because you "might" find a bigfoot doesnt mean its a missing link, It could just be an really rare species we havent found.. Sorry I just hate that they try and generalize it with that, even though I get where there coming from.

Rant over.

lol just wanted to let that out.

Back