• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Oh, is that the only benefit then? I thought perhaps a pokemon gets better stats or something if they are leveled early.
Regarding your last post: You don't level up Scyther to evolve it into Scizor; you must have it hold a Metal Coat and trade it with someone else. After that, you can trade it back.

And yes, it's true that Pokemon do get better stats when they evolve, but in Scyther's case when it evolves into Scizor, it gains some Attack and Defense and loses some Speed. Its other stats stay the same.

Like I said before, the reason why I suggested evolving Scyther into Scizor is because of Scyther's weakness to Stunfisk's Electric moves. To add, Scizor's lesser Speed compared to Scyther can easily be compensated for by its excellent defensive typing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Thanks for the amazing responses.

One more question: If I start the battle with my Scyther (with macho brace/pokerus), and then swap and defeat the target with my other pokemon, will Scyther still get the full EV's with the bonus of macho/pokerus included?

Because I just defeated 31 stunfisks by swapping out scyther and having someone else beat him. So did Scyther gain 0 EV's from all that?? He was holding a machobrace w/ pokerus.

Last edited:

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for the amazing responses.

One more question: If I start the battle with my Scyther (with macho brace/pokerus), and then swap and defeat the target with my other pokemon, will Scyther still get the full EV's with the bonus of macho/pokerus included?

Because I just defeated 31 stunfisks by swapping out scyther and having someone else beat him. So did Scyther gain 0 EV's from all that?? He was holding a machobrace w/ pokerus.

No. When a pokemon battles, it gains the full amount of EV's. They arent split up like the Exp is.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
No. When a pokemon battles, it gains the full amount of EV's. They arent split up like the Exp is.

Can you be more clear in your answer? No to what?

And this is what someone said in another thread on the same topic:

I just double-checked this per Bulbapedia and it seems I may be wrong.

"Unlike experience points, which are reduced when multiple Pokémon are receiving experience, effort points are awarded equally to all Pokémon who participated in defeating a Pokémon."

Anyone want to confirm this detail? I thought only the Pokémon completing the battle got the EVs.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If two Pokemon battle against say a Venusaur, then both get 2 Special Attack and 1 Special Defense EV.

EXP Share splits the EXP gained between holder and battler. Since EXP Share treats the holder as a part of the battle they will also gain the EV's from battle, but none of the EVs split.

If you battle a Pokemon that give 2, then the two Pokemon will each gain 2 and not one each.

EV training is very hard the first time you try. Its really not as complicated as it seems. It took me a while to understand all this as well. Its basically, just accept it and it all clicks.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
i was wondering, what happiness azul has to be to grow into marill?like will it be possible to go from azul to marill before lv 18?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
All Pokemon that Evolve by Happiness need a Happiness score of 220 to Evolve. Each Pokemon has a Base Happiness Value and you can raise or lower it in various ways.

Possible if you are dedicated to trying to do that before that level, but it will be tedious. You'd spend a great amount of time doing nothing at all to raise its Happiness without leveling it up.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
i was wondering, what happiness azul has to be to grow into marill?like will it be possible to go from azul to marill before lv 18?

What I do and what I suggest is to find a city or a town and run for a LONG time. Like, long, take 30 minutes to do it. It's well worth it if you want it to evolve at a certain point.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Um could some one clear up to me is the player the same from black one? or is it another kid in black 2?

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
i saw some mareep in floccesy ranch and it says theres a 5% chance of finding them is this be for the national pokedex?

Sirfetch’d

i saw some mareep in floccesy ranch and it says theres a 5% chance of finding them is this be for the national pokedex?
Yep. You can catch them from the getgo. Got mine on my team and I love it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2012
Difference between these 2 strategy guides?

Hi guys!

I have seen 2 diffrent guides with the same cover on the internet, one released on the 7th october and the second is gonna be released on the 12 of october, and the only thing that seem to differ is the names of the guides:

first one: Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 Scenario Guide: The Official Pokemon Strategy Guide by pokemon USA inc, prima games

second one:Pokemon Black Version 2 & Pokemon White Version 2 - The Official Pokemon Unova Strategy Guide: Volume 1 by the pokemon company

why is the first called "scenario" guide? is these actually a usa version and then the europe version of th guide and the usa one has a different name? i think the first one also comes in a collectors edition guide, so is there any differences in these guides or could i order either one of em?

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I just have a quick question, if i was to wait a couple of days to play Black or white 2 is it possible for someone who has finished the game to unlock challenge mode for me over wifi or does it have to be close range wifi

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just have a quick question, if i was to wait a couple of days to play Black or white 2 is it possible for someone who has finished the game to unlock challenge mode for me over wifi or does it have to be close range wifi

Nope unfortunately it's over close range (actually IR, so not even wireless). :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back