• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use your Riolu?

Years
I did! I loved his design and couldn't resist training him up. :) He became one of the powerhouses on my team in Diamond.

Years
Lucario was by far my favorite Pokemon in the Sinnoh region, so I used it as one of my main Pokemon in my Diamond team. ~blu

BlueEspeon

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
I don't think I used it. Diamond was my first pokemon game I don't even know what the heck I was doing. Lol.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Lucario is one of my favorite Pokémon ever, but It comes waaaaaaaaay too late in the game. Besides, when I was 5, I didn't know what I was doing. {XD}

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
I actually did. But afterwards i havent used him as much. Until i played Black 2

Sirfetch’d

I actually boxed mine and totally forgot about it. I do wish I had raised it though as I love Lucario!

Years
Never when I played with Infernape. Steel-type resistances are nice, but I just found it to be a bit redundant. Should've played with Torterra more.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I never really raised mine, just walked around with it long enough to hatch the egg. I think maybe once I raised it to a Lucario, but never used it on my team.

Years
At that point it was just level 1, and I didn't really bother levelling it up to 40s where all my other Pokemon were, so it just become a box filler, unfortunately.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Nope! I've always found the Lucario family to be pretty boring. They're so "look at me I'm amazing" whilst offering little to know proof bar having a movie dedicated to them haha. The Steel/Fighting typing is very cool and Aura Sphere was a huge bonus, but aside from those points I've never gotten on with Lucario. The design is scary and he seems very over-rated to me.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Unfortunately no. I already had a team planned out and Lucario just didn't fit. I had Infernape so I thought there was no reason to get another fighting type.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When my Riolu hatched, its ability was adamant. Adamant is the best nature a Riolu can have, and because of that, I immediately began training him. Once he evolved into Lucario, I started to EV train 'em and make him as strong as I possibly can. When it finally reached level 100, I made him an official member of my online battling team. I didn't want to have this Pokémon on my team at first, but I guess plans can always change. ^^"

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Whenever I choose Chimchar, I never use Riolu on my team as I find Infernape to be a Fighting-type.

However, I did use Riolu in one Platinum playthrough (when Torterra was my starter), and it proved quite useful.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
In gen4, nope. I had heard Lucario was good and I loved him in the anime movie, but I didn't want to take the time to raise him up from an egg. My team was already rounded out at that point and I couldn't replace anyone. In B/W2 however, they were available much earlier, and my Lucario became a valued team member for the whole game. :7:

Years
I've used the Riolu in a few play-throughs, not all of them though. I don't like using it all the time. Something I would always do though is pick up the egg, even if I wasn't going to use it. I liked to complete my Pokedex. It was rather easy back then. Now with more than 600 Pokemon in the Pokedex, it's a challenge! D:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've actually never really used that Riolu before in my teams because I either didn't have a spot for a Fighting/Steel-type in my teams or I already had another Fighting-type. I don't like duplicate types. The most I did was to hatch Riolu and evolve him to Lucario for Pokedex-filling reasons.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I used it, cos Lucario. It's cool in my opinion.
I don't even think there're people who didn't use Riolu. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I tried using it but for some reason it just didn't suit me very well so eventually I decided to switch it out for a Honchkrow in my Platinum. Maybe someday I'll try using him again but I suppose it's just not the type of Pokemon I can use for some reason?

Back