• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Suggestions Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
A Roleplay/Writing events sounds fab fab fab to me.

And since it's ten years, why not themes that include the number ten in it? Like, TEN THINGS I HATE/LOVE ABOUT PC. Or online battle events where pokemon have to only be level 10.

or a new slogan event

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
- I know this passed but idk, an event based on Olympic style competition and must involve Pokemon and PC (I'll try making creative ways to do some) and "countries" can be either types or regions, or countries/regions in real life. Again this is only one event. Team with most gold medals win. But its friendly competition of coarse. I can't host, its out of my league. Problem I can see is what mini games can we do. but yeaa that's what i can make up right now.

-Taking a picture of things what looks like a Pokemon in real life, ex; a tree that looks like a Sudowoodo or a formation of rocks that look like Kingler. (No wildlife) etc;

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
And AMV contest. That'd be epic. If I remember correctly, the PPC held before the previous one had it but its successor didn't. I want it to return.

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
PokéCraft (MineCraft Pokémon maps)
Happy Wheels (Pokémon maps): fastest time, coolest tricks. Screenshots and / or video (Happy Wheels is a little bugged right now, since it has been divided and hosted on two servers due to massive traffic.)

Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen nostalgia playthrough

Team Fortress 2

The PokéCommunity Awards
Best of PokéCommunity
Best thread: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Best post: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Best visitor message: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals

Funniest of PokéCommunity
Funniest thread: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Funniest post: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Funniest visitor message: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals​

Last edited:

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
Hey how about a sprite making contest or some kind of other challange or spin off making contest???

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Years
a how much cookies can you give zephyr contest! OMG THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME
OH OH OH OH! :) Why don't we have a Pair-a-Random-Person-For-a-Day Event?

How about a Spend-The-Entire-Day-With-A-PC-Staff-And-Bug-Them-To-Death-To-The-Point-Of-Almost-Banishment Event? (That could be a decent event minus the bug them part :3)

Or a Gift-Supportership-To-A-Random-Member Event?

How about an Edit-a-Photo-of-Nica-and-add-green-teeth/remove-green-teeth/photoshop-Nica Event?

Something unique would be really fun. Not just the staples.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
What happened to the Summer GT? I had a whole summer with nothing to do. Now school give me no free time, basically.

With the photography contest, could we use Instagram in some way?

Also, I'd love to host and judge an event. I'm never been chosen to for some reason.

And mental block with events since some of the ones I want are already mentioned. I'll post when I can think of new ones!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years

Oh, so something along the lines of a lucky dip? Ooh, that would be cool! But how would you enter? Just sign an application from or template? The problem though is keeping things fair? How would we fairly find a person to hand supportership to? Random generator? Who will be responsible for generating the names? Just a few questions, if this were to be considered! But I like the idea nontheless it sounds quite cool!

And, I agree, I think for this get together, we need some unique events, some that we haven't seen before, or haven't seen a lot of.

zephyr6257

Years

Oh, so something along the lines of a lucky dip? Ooh, that would be cool! But how would you enter? Just sign an application from or template? The problem though is keeping things fair? How would we fairly find a person to hand supportership to? Random generator? Who will be responsible for generating the names? Just a few questions, if this were to be considered! But I like the idea nontheless it sounds quite cool!

And, I agree, I think for this get together, we need some unique events, some that we haven't seen before, or haven't seen a lot of.

Well. First, we could get some volunteering supporters or other people who'd like to take part of the event, to pay for the giftcards/whatever.

Then we could get a list of all the userids of PC and jack them into a random picker generator thingymabob. We simply spin the numbers according to the amount of volunteers who will pay for the supportership gift. If the generator comes out with a supporter one, then respin. It shouldn't take too long, there are more nonsupporters than supporters. It should be done in less than an hour.

Then, some staff with access to the admin cpanel could search for those userids, and give those lucky bozos supportership!

Simple(ish) right?

:)

still hoping for the give zephyr cookies event :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Uh... I don't think that method would really work out well. There are literally over 30,0000 members here and randomly selecting one user from all of them? Half the members don't even come back anyway. As for those who want to participate, I think there will be more who want to get supporterships than those willing to donate. A lucky dip of a -theme- would probably be better, or a graphic or something. Like a Secret Santa, so everyone has an equal role.

zephyr6257

Years
Well then, put a limit. Say people could register for a chance of getting supporter status. There could be X amount of slots (e.g. 100 slots) but only 50 will get supportership. It's fair. -shrugs- still not as awesome as give zephyr cookies event Also, I'd love to help out in volunteering for that event obviously, coz it's my idea. >.>

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Meet the staff session :) We can ask the staff question and play games with them or something.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
- I know this passed but idk, an event based on Olympic style competition and must involve Pokemon and PC (I'll try making creative ways to do some) and "countries" can be either types or regions, or countries/regions in real life. Again this is only one event. Team with most gold medals win. But its friendly competition of coarse. I can't host, its out of my league. Problem I can see is what mini games can we do. but yeaa that's what i can make up right now.
If we could get this to work somehow, then that would be amazing. :)

And AMV contest. That'd be epic. If I remember correctly, the PPC held before the previous one had it but its successor didn't. I want it to return.
This sounds really cool. Of course I wouldn't be making any of them, but still. :P

Hey how about a sprite making contest or some kind of other challange or spin off making contest???
Didn't we already have a spinoff making contest earlier this year? :/

a how much cookies can you give zephyr contest! OMG THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME
OH OH OH OH! :) Why don't we have a Pair-a-Random-Person-For-a-Day Event?
Something unique would be really fun. Not just the staples.
These two sound fun. Though I'm not sure how the pair a person one would work, could you explain please?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
The PokéCommunity Awards
Best of PokéCommunity
Best thread: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Best post: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Best visitor message: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals

Funniest of PokéCommunity
Funniest thread: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Funniest post: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Funniest visitor message: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals​

We have Community awards towards the end of every year.

I would like to see a Trivia that incorporates many parts of the Pokemon franchise such as the Gaming, Anime, Manga, and TCG and apply it all into one game. This too me would encourage team work since I doubt all people are knowledgeable in all those.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Meet the staff session :) We can ask the staff question and play games with them or something.

I... didn't realist staff were so distant that we actually needed this, haha. But meh - if it's what members want then I think staff should do it.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
It will be interesting to see what a ROM hacker can do in a time that the get-together is on :)

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I don't know if it's been said but we could quote our first post or comment here and share them and take a look at who we are now.

Khawill

<3
Years
What if we start a site YouTube channel. It can be where a member or two showcase fanfic, art, and games. It could really boost popularity here and with enough subs we could sign up for google ads and give the money to the site.
It seems apropriate that after 19 years this is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back