• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Search filter to sort results by length of posts (ie. character count)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't quite understand why you'd ever want to use that? If there's a valid reason or some common examples of situations where it'd be useful then I'd support this, but at present it seems a little like "let's add this for the sake of it". If you have any examples for usage it'd help a lot!

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
I think what Cassino ment was that with this option the search results could be geared for posts with more content. For example tge same word appearing in two posts but the other is just few sentences while the other is a small novel... Well that wasnt realy good example but I hope you got the idea. :'D

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
The idea came from wanting to find some of my longer posts where I theorised about some in-universe Pokemon stuff. I didn't come with a real justification in mind, just thought if it would happen to be convenient enough to implement then why not (there's already sorting by thread length by way of number of replies, so it would be analogous to that). As I said, trivial, but see also KriegStein's post above.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
When I'm looking for certain posts, I can usually remember if they're long or short so I'd use this to narrow down my search more. Good idea!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Although I personally wouldn't use it, I'm sure it'll prove useful to those such as yourself and Toujours above me. While I thought the idea was a bit useless myself, I understand some of the uses and help it can have in finding specific posts faster, so why not? I'm all up for it I suppose.

Back