• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
This game is awesome! I've been playing it for literally 7 hours straight, lol! I just stopped at the Dewford Town gym, trying to beat the new leader there. It's a lot more challenging than the originals, which I appreciate, and the dark atmosphere is a different yet welcomed change. Thank you so much for releasing it! (: I'll be playing it through until the end!

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2016
I love this game. I loved playing it on my PC and now I can finally play it on the go on my PSP because I found a working emulator for it. It's called gpSP-J (can't remember what revision but I think it's the latest!). Thanks again for this awesome hack. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2015
ok I love pokemon snakewood but I was in the cave after I got out of the sub goin to fight the big boss and i died it sent me back to pettleburg how do i get back

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
In the fortree gym when you're battling winoa ur sprite is messed up, also if you renter the camera gets all messed up and goes up when you walk up.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Hey guys, need some help here. Not sure if my version of Snakewood is outdated or something (can't be, right? I downloaded the patch from here and applied it to a Ruby ROM, but when I want to go to the abandoned mines there is simply no way. The picture I attached should explain it. The setting is to the east of Pacifidlog, a bit south to where the abandoned mines should be.

As you can see, it's all rapids and there's no land to the north. All there is to the north is a big patch of dive-able water which is sealed away by rocks, so I can't access it. If it helps, I have not defeated the Elite 4 (heck, I haven't even gone into Victory Road) but I have killed Esau and have called Dr Blackthorn, who told me to go to the abandoned mines.

Is it due to my ROM being outdated? Though I hope it isn't a problem with the ROM, as I'd hate to restart the game at this stage (I restarted this before due to the same problem, this time using the patch attached by Cutlerine, but the problem still appeared). If something else is the problem, does anyone know how to solve it?

CUTLERINE HELP

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Good Afternoon everyone, quick question.
I'm in the film university and the game just froze, i can't walk, can't open the menu.
Is there any way i can fix it?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Hey guys, need some help here. Not sure if my version of Snakewood is outdated or something (can't be, right? I downloaded the patch from here and applied it to a Ruby ROM, but when I want to go to the abandoned mines there is simply no way. The picture I attached should explain it. The setting is to the east of Pacifidlog, a bit south to where the abandoned mines should be.

As you can see, it's all rapids and there's no land to the north. All there is to the north is a big patch of dive-able water which is sealed away by rocks, so I can't access it. If it helps, I have not defeated the Elite 4 (heck, I haven't even gone into Victory Road) but I have killed Esau and have called Dr Blackthorn, who told me to go to the abandoned mines.

Is it due to my ROM being outdated? Though I hope it isn't a problem with the ROM, as I'd hate to restart the game at this stage (I restarted this before due to the same problem, this time using the patch attached by Cutlerine, but the problem still appeared). If something else is the problem, does anyone know how to solve it?

CUTLERINE HELP

If I recall correctly the mines are near the place that sky pillar was in ruby.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
If I recall correctly the mines are near the place that sky pillar was in ruby.

Yes, I know. And that patch of dive-able water which is sealed off happens to be conveniently located at where the mines are supposed to be, meaning the land isn't there at all. I have watched videos of that part, so I know what I'm talking about.
Does anybody know a place where i can download a good ROM of this game?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Yes, I know. And that patch of dive-able water which is sealed off happens to be conveniently located at where the mines are supposed to be, meaning the land isn't there at all. I have watched videos of that part, so I know what I'm talking about.
Does anybody know a place where i can download a good ROM of this game?

I don't know if your problem is related to broken ROM. It could be a patching error.Also for your question .....Google is your friend.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
I don't know if your problem is related to broken ROM. It could be a patching error.Also for your question .....Google is your friend.

Yeah, might be a problem with my patching, but it doesn't make sense. I used Lunar IPS, the ROM of Ruby on coolrom and the patch on the first page of this thread, the one attached by Cutlerine. What could have gone wrong?
...unless the patch on the first post is long outdated or something

Well, I don't know which website to trust anymore. I tried downloading a few ROMs/patches, but either my save isn't working, or something, and I don't feel like playing all the way from the beginning till I reach there just to find out if the ROM is working, so I'm just trying to see if anyone knows where I can get a ROM that is guaranteed to work. Anybody know anywhere I can download a complete, or at least up to date version of the game, preferably the whole ROM and not just the patch (in case patching goes wrong, but a patch is still alright)? Pwetty please? I really want to complete this game TT.TT

Right, I sound really whiny now, one last ridiculous question. In case nobody knows any website, does anyone here with a working ROM feel like emailing a copy to me? Lets hope there's a kind soul here :/

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2017
Hey cutlerine. first of all, just want to say snakewood is pure awesomeness. second of all, how do you get the 4th badge

can somebody tell me where is sundance rock ?

Its in the abandoned mines where sky pillar used to be

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Hey cutlerine. first of all, just want to say snakewood is pure awesomeness. second of all, how do you get the 4th badge

Its in the abandoned mines where sky pillar used to be

The forth badge is apparently only obtainable post-League, along with Strength for some reason. Also, Sundance rock is in Solar Caverns. The rock that is in the mines is Cassidy rock.

Back