• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon GlitterGold (Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Ah, well, I guess I may as well lose the green text, since it isn't connected to my current avatar/sig. (The reason I started using it is because of YGO!'s Seal of Orichalcos, and I had it as my avatar.) But anyway...

Update!
Okay, I admit, I probably set my sights too high when I said I'd be done revising the game by this weekend. I'm still in Goldenrod, and I've been fiddling around with the missing events from Route 32 up to Ilex Forest and Route 34, along with Goldenrod. The farthest I've gotten in Goldenrod is the Dept. Store, which I've modified a bit, so the elevator looks like an elevator now, thanks to a few things ripped from FireRed, and I've also [finally] added the rooftop, which was half-based on Celadon's in FireRed, and the rest on Goldenrod's in Crystal. You can see both below.

goldenroddeptstoreroofandelevato-2.jpg

I was originally going to use FireRed's green borders around the rooftop, but I decided to re-color them so they would be Goldenrod-colored, given the city and everything.

I'll try to make it to Ecruteak and Olivine this weekend, assuming I don't have to revise/add a lot of events.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Pretty cool, though I can't see anything very clearly because of the resizing.
Ah, yeah, I was afraid of that. Weird thing is, I took the shots while the game window was shrunk with F5, so I didn't think it was going to be blurry. Let me see if I can sharpen it with Photobucket.

EDIT: No good. Ended up becoming even blurrier, lol.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
That's what I always do. I wonder if it's just the way I paste them into Paint and put 6-8 of them next to each other. (Or maybe it's saving in .jpg, one of the two.)

Slight Update
Well, I added the whole Bike event to Goldenrod's Bike Shop, so now you can get a bike. The problem is, I'm not too sure how to code it all. I have an inkling, though: I modified the Running System code a bit so it'll change Hiro into his Bike sprite if his switch is on, and then play the bike theme (which I fixed so it loops properly; I'll eventually do this for most of the other .midis), along with controlling movement using the arrow keys. Another problem lies in the fact that Marina players might get the short end of the stick, since the Marina charset I currently have is just her walking, so there's no bike set, and to my surprise, no surfing set, or much else of what Hiro's has. I asked if anyone had a full Marina charset over in the Resources thread, but I'll ask here again. And if anyone's willing to make one (in the event that nobody has one), I'd really appreciate it, and you'd of course be credited for it. I tried to do something to put her on a bike, but I don't think it'd be that good. If nobody offers, I could keep at it and just use that for the time being, but pixels might be off here and there, and I'd have to figure out the color scheme on the part of her clothes that you see.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Photoshop shrinks images if they are big pictures with uneven side lengths (sorry I dont know how to explain it well, but it has trouble uploading big images) if you do upload a big image then make it as square as possible.

You could either split that into two sets of 4 screenshots, and upload again, or try to make it as square as possible I suppose by doing 3x3

Scarex

Beautyfool.
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2020
Your RPG seems be very nice ^^ I liked the roof of the supermarket, though it tries not to use so many tiles of fire network, it uses them k another people invented xD
Regards and luck with your RPG!

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Thanks for the comments, guys. Scarex, I'm not sure what you mean by "fire network", but I got those rooftop tiles from FRLG and recolored them. Kyledove, thanks for the tip. I knew I was doing things differently than I used to. XD

Update
Well, I managed to throw in a Bike system, mainly by modifying the Running system coding for the bike. The first time you use it, you'll get a message telling you to use one of the SHIFT keys to get off it, and that triggers a switching of Bikes to the one that triggers the switch to activate the coding for the 2nd+ time you use it, so you wouldn't get the same message. I tried to make it so you could still go in a house/Gym/PC/PM/etc while on the bike, but I couldn't figure out why, once you went back outside, you couldn't use the bike. I was making a branch with the Bike Key variable set at 7 (since you'd be hitting the SHIFT key to get off, and that's its corresponding value), but nothing. So I gave up on that, and instead, you'll get a message with the hero wondering if he/she should get off before entering. Also, depending on where you are, once you dismount the bike, that place's theme will play.

Of course, the Bike system is incomplete, since I still need the Marina/bike charset to finish it up. I've attached the Marina charset I'm currently using, so if anyone wants to try and make it a full charset (bike, surfing, etc., much like Avatar's Hiro charset), like I said before, you'll be credited for it (with credit to rm2k3kid for the original one, of course). I'll also post this in the Help/Requests Thread just in case.

And now that that's mostly done, I'll try finishing up Goldenrod and move onto Route 35.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
UPDATE
Well, I finally finished revising Goldenrod's events. Whatever's left, I'll edit as I progress through my Crystal ROM. I just have to go back and edit a few of the trainer events to add the Encounter themes to the beginning, and I'll move onto Route 35.

Also, while revising the Goldenrod Pier, I remembered this one house I put there that you access through the cave and through Whirlpool, and I realized that I don't know what I should put there. I'm thinking something rare, but I can't really think of anything. I mean, there's a Move Tutor shop and Move Relearner already, so I can't see what else I should put. Any ideas? I'll also be open to any FRLG features. (An idea I just got was to make it a Trick House, but it seems too out-of-place to put it there. I mean, it's hard to get to, and you'd have to go through the cave to get to it. I'll probably put it on one of the routes, but I don't want to rip off Zel's idea and have it on Route 36, lol. Hell, maybe I'll put it in Kanto...) Here's the house:

unknownhouse1.jpg

Also, with help from Neo-Dragon, the Bike system is a lot more manageable. You'll be using it with the SHIFT key (and when you get the bike, you'll get a message saying so), so it'll be as if it's already registered through the Pack.

As for the Marina charset, nobody's told me they'd be working on it at all, so I guess I'll have to make a temporary one based on Avatar's full Hiro charset. The color scheme might be off a bit, though, but it'll do for the time being. I'll probably finish it in a few days, since I've got studying for finals to do and all. Just a few more days...

Although...with the Gold/Silver remakes confirmed, I dunno if I should keep the game going. I definitely want to finish revising everything so all up to the Elite 4 is good and set, but after that, I dunno. I probably will do it, just 'cause I'm not one to leave something unfinished, but I thought I'd get everyone's thoughts on it.

Last edited:

voltachu

in training pokemon hacker
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
when i downloaded the demo when i select new game it starts me off at lake of rage what should i do

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
when i downloaded the demo when i select new game it starts me off at lake of rage what should i do
Open it in RM2K/3, go to the "Intro" map, right-click anywhere, and click on "Place Party Starting Position". If needed, go to the Database and under the Hero tab, the first one should be Hiro (guy with the yellow hat). Click on "Set" under Sprite, and choose the blank part on the far bottom right. Hit OK on everything, and you'll be set. Pictures to help:

partystarting.jpg

herostarting.jpg

herostartingsprite.jpg

I should've added this to the first post a long time ago...*Edits*

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
i cant open it it doesnt open
>_>

I'm assuming you extracted the game to a folder, right? Open Rpg Maker '03 or '00 (whichever you have), go to "Open", browse to the folder where the game's folder is by pressing the three dots at the bottom (next to the directory it's in; if you extracted it, and the GlitterGold folder is in rpg2003's Project folder, for example), and then click it in the list of projects in that folder.

...Know what? Just to avoid this all in the future, let me just fix that demo and upload it again...D=

EDIT: Okay, after opening the game up, I saw that the game already starts you off at the intro map, where it's supposed to. So I don't know how people start at Lake of Rage. Whoever's looking to play, make sure you're downloading the demo that's linked to in the first post.

Last edited:

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 17, 2009
GymLeaderLance99, are you by any chance looking to update your maps graphically? My previous G/S/C remake project is no longer active, and I would like to see my maps and other sprites put to real use, instead of letting people have their way with them by putting them on thespritersresource.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Hmm...well, I could always use new resources. At the moment, though, I'm just looking over the Johto maps, and those of Route 23/26/27/ and Indigo Plateau parts of Kanto. But yeah, I wouldn't mind. If I do use any maps or anything from yours, I'll be sure to give you credit, of course.

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 17, 2009
Sounds good. I'll pm you some examples of my maps. Right now my maps use FireRed and LeafGreen tiles, but I'm thinking about switching some tiles to custom tiles made by someone from Serebii forums.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Yeah...not a hack. (Dunno why people keep thinking that, since this is the Game Dev forum...)

Slight Update!
Well, first off, sorry about the lack of updates, guys. I'd been trying to get things up to speed with my GX subbing and 5D's comparisons for the last week. Now then, I'm still going over stuff before Goldenrod and Route 35 to fix the little mistake I did in playing the "blip" sound with a lower volume than it should've been while you're talking to people, as well as revising a few things along the way. For example, I ripped the sound for a phone call being made and one being ended from the Pokegear (I'll add them to the Resource thread), so those will be used in any instance of the Hero receiving a phone call. As for the Phone itself, I've yet to finish the Phone system, though I had started using LegosJedi's Cell Phone tutorial a while ago around the time I gave this demo to Pingu, and I'll make sure I try to finish it, either for this next demo, or for the one after.

Now, I do have a question for you guys: I'm revising the Azalea Gym, and I noticed the way I had it was different from the layout in the games, with the map tiles being off a bit and whatnot, so I fixed that. However, I'm wondering if you'd like it if it was set so that the path to Bugsy would only be open if you beat all the underling trainers, or to be open already, regardless of how many of the UTs are beaten (ala the original GSC).

Also, I'll still take ideas for that one house on the Goldenrod Pier.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Not like I have a choice for this one, but...

Slight Update
Okay, rejoice: I've finally finished revising everything up to Goldenrod City. So now, message speed corresponds with the setting you chose at the beginning, the "blip" happens in between sentences, a few maps were revised a bit (Azalea's Gym is back to looking a bit more like the original, and for the moment, I'll keep the "beat all 4 to get to Bugsy" thing; might change later), including having the little harbor thing added to the Goldenrod Pier, so you'll see the inside resemble the one in FRLG. Also, I decided that the house past the Cave will have people who moved to Johto from Hoenn, and there, you'll get an egg with a Hoenn Pokemon in it (when it's worked out, of course) from the grandmother there. Her grandson makes a reference to the story of RSE, with Groudon and Kyogre clashing in Sootopolis, and Rayquaza showing up like in Emerald. So if you didn't know before, Hoenn's being included in this, but when that gets added, there will be a few changes.

Now to finally get onto Route 35. Oh, and I'm thinking of putting a Trick House there. I'll only be starting some work on it now, with the rest coming from the finishing up of the CBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back