• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
In season 1 the anime used to use Japanese, and 4Kids would edit it out and paint it over in English, either pretty well, or (actual paint editing) quality-wise pretty badly. For the "banned" beach episode 4Kids left in the Japanese but edited out the English words. I can't remember where, but the anime designers started to use random squiggles. Who knows, perhaps 4Kids requested it, but 4Kids would sometimes edit out this made up language and have nothing there at all. I remember in Yu-Gi-Oh they would just edit out the Japanese and leave city buildings and shops full of signs with nothing on. So, it's a theory that Pokemon now uses this made up language because 4Kids originally requested it and now just stick with it. The English you see in the programme is there in the Japanese version.

I don't know if it's just me, but I think the random squiggles resemble Japanese a little more in BW than they did in AG :S

Edit: Whoops, seem to have assumed the wrong question. Yes, it is a made up language.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Was there ever a reason why Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve?
It didn't really ever want to. Take a look at the episode "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden" (From the original series) to understand a little more about it.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Pokemon Movie 14

Not so Sure if this is a place to ask but..
When do usually movies get dubbed? Directly after release? In other words, when do we expect the movie to air in English/US.
One more thing too. There is a point I don't understand in the movie, is it one movie or two? Are Zekrom and Reshiram in the same Movie or seperate, why would they do that and is the plot identical?

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
I think it takes a year to get released in the US, than it gets shown on Cartoon Network first and a bit later it gets released on DVD like in the past. I can't wait for the film.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
It does usually go somewhat like Pearlshipper said.

Instead of going too much into the actual movie, it is quite easier to look up, instead of seeing tl;dr post. Bulbapedia has a good compiled list of differences known so far:
>Check it out here<

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Look at the release dates of previous movies and you will see the disparity of time between them.

Mewtwo Strikes Back: Japan - July 18, 1998 / US - November 10, 1999.

Power of One: Japan - July 17, 1999/ US - July 21, 2000.

Pokemon 4Ever: Japan - July 7, 2001/ US - October 11, 2002.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew: Japan - July 15, 2005/ US - September 19, 2006

There is just four examples of movies that took over a year between on another. So we can't "confirm" anything until Pokemon Co. officially releases the date. But it will probably take 8+ months. 2 months will probably never ever happen. The anime itself is 4-5 months ahead in Japan.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Look at the release dates of previous movies and you will see the disparity of time between them.

Mewtwo Strikes Back: Japan - July 18, 1998 / US - November 10, 1999.

Power of One: Japan - July 17, 1999/ US - July 21, 2000.

Pokemon 4Ever: Japan - July 7, 2001/ US - October 11, 2002.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew: Japan - July 15, 2005/ US - September 19, 2006

There is just four examples of movies that took over a year between on another. So we can't "confirm" anything until Pokemon Co. officially releases the date. But it will probably take 8+ months. 2 months will probably never ever happen. The anime itself is 4-5 months ahead in Japan.

Thanks alot, I needed that...gotta say, kinda depressing

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
question regarding Hulu

the anime is now on at 7AM where I live, therefore I cannot be able to watch it! I was wondering if anybody knows if Pokemon is on Hulu, So I don't have to a 7AM early riser!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Not directly on Hulu, but if you live in the US, which I can assume you obviously do, then you should be able watch it on cartoonnetwork.com since hulu seems to say so and redirects- I can't test this since it isn't in my region, but I'm sure it'll work for you.

Last edited:

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
yeah, it takes me to cartoonnetwork.com but the videos won't load, across three web browsers, FF, IE, and wasted a download and tried Chrome, none of these browsers were able to show the videos, they all showed a white box where the video is supposed to go, I am in the US!! I don't know what's wrong!! looks like I'm going to miss out now!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2017
Plz, where to find team rocket motto(in Japanese) mp3 file? I searched, then found some file Team rocket motto.mp3 but there's no voice. Or, if someone still remember, send me a link to download any ep that have team rocket voice like "if you really want to know" (in Japanese), so I can convert it. All I found was dub.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2017
Thank you very much! Team rocket voice seems not really like what I need, but I found some other interesting.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
In the original series theme song, there is a scene where Pikachu runs under a girl's skirt. Who is this girl?
It's not known who she is, but she seems to take on an appearence of a the Lass (trainer class) trainer from the games. She has not made any other appearance in the anime though.

Years
What basically happened in Best Wishes so far?

okey,so I didn't watch Pokemon from like Christams since I started watching Naruto(love it :D)so I would just want to know what basically happened there so far like what pokemon ash and iris have(and the green guy Cilan?no,ok i don't know his name)and everything like how many badges does ash have?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
The best way to find out is too just watch the episodes. If you are really interested just go to Bulbapedia and they list all(or most) of the episodes with Synopsis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back