• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Lol yep anything got a limit like ash said :P
You should get waterfall HM in Ice Path im not 100% sure though
This is correct if kept true to the original. In fact, a guy doesn't let you continue along the path until you get the item he dropped. After all that, he doesn't want it any longer.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
Well I have successfully played through the entirety johto and almost all of kanto. so i can take any questions about them. I also have a few strange things I've encountered. For instance, the first rival battle at the beginning of the game didn't happen; when i returned after getting the egg, ??? would run up to me, and then have no dialogue. and, humorously enough, if i walked again on one of the two activation spots for him, he would then sprint down into the trees. He would do this every time i walked on one of the activation spots. Amusing, but i guess this happened because i evolved my totodile before the battle, so i didn't have a starter in my party for him to base his choice off of. Just a guess, because later i got the cindaquil from the man in the ocean and walked back home from cherrygrove, and he triggered with dialogue and a totodile despite me having picked totodile at the start. after this battle, surfing became bugged and the "riding pokemon" sprite disappeared and you could never go on dry land again. All other rival battles were fine, and were based on my initial starter choice. I'm guessing the script for the first fight was based not off my choice but what i had in my party, a reasonable assumption on the part of the developer but it makes for this weird consequence.

My second question, is how do i get to the seafoam islands. I have done the rest of kanto, have 15 badges, have triggered the team saturn event at the kanto radio tower, and I have no idea what i'm supposed to do. I can reach cinnabar island but the option to fly there never opens up, and I can't get to the other side, so I'm confused as the rubble south of fuchsia is uncleared by this time, unlike the original gold, silver, and crystal versions.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
The gym is not available bro. Only 1 gym and 2 islands of orange islands are available..

Fly is given to you by Chuck's wife outside Cianwood gym when you beat him. As for Waterfall I think Clair or Lance gives you.

Appreciate all the help in here thus far.
On another note, still no luck getting a Houndour. I took screenshots of the floors of Mt. Mortar, can you tell me which one I should be looking for it in specifically?

1: puu.sh/1mXW1

2: puu.sh/1mXXA

3: puu.sh/1mXYZ

4: puu.sh/1mY08

5: puu.sh/1mY0B

Is it supposed to be super rare or only available during night time or something?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
On another note, still no luck getting a Houndour. I took screenshots of the floors of Mt. Mortar, can you tell me which one I should be looking for it in specifically?

Is it supposed to be super rare or only available during night time or something?
Is it found there? The original Crystal only had Houndour on Route 7, and only at night (this was maintained in G/S and HG/SS as well; see here).

I know hacks can be different, so if it's added at Mt. Mortar, I won't be of much help.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
Just so you all know, I have read forums and others like this, but I couldn't seem to find a good answer. So, I have found all of the nescessary flutes. Problems is, I cannot get the pedastales to stand up. I am playing on 3.2, so is it not suppsoed to happen? Also, where can I find the Cave of Wisdom? Also, I am currently fighting people and I am not getting exp, but I cannot enter the "2nd" crystal cave. Is that supposed to happen? If anyone can answer these questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Years

1: puu.sh/1mXW1

2: puu.sh/1mXXA

3: puu.sh/1mXYZ

4: puu.sh/1mY08

5: puu.sh/1mY0B

So you had no luck still. Sorry to hear that. Try to come inside the Mountain at night time.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
I encountered a Marill only twice in all of the times I've been in Mt. Mortar so I'm gonna assume Houndour is just as rare.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I'm not sure if Houndour can be found in Mt. Mortar, but I can tell you that time of the day makes no difference to the Pokémon which appear.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm not sure if Houndour can be found in Mt. Mortar, but I can tell you that time of the day makes no difference to the Pokémon which appear.
That would make sense, then. If Houndour does not appear in Route 7, that would be why and give reason for appearing at Mt. Mortar.

I tried to take a peek, but AdvanceMap didn't open it. Not sure what opens Fire Red hacks.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
Can anyone answer my questions? Just so you all know, I have read forums and others like this, but I couldn't seem to find a good answer. So, I have found all of the nescessary flutes. Problems is, I cannot get the pedastales to stand up. I am playing on 3.2, so is it not suppsoed to happen? Also, where can I find the Cave of Wisdom? Also, I am currently fighting people and I am not getting exp, but I cannot enter the "2nd" crystal cave. Is that supposed to happen? If anyone can answer these questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Back