• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cape City

"There is no need to apologize, Blitzkrieg," Hazone whispered back to his fellow Dragon. "I understand. You want to take back the city just as much as I do. I'll share a toast with you in the city once it's our, yes?" He said, adding a warm smile to the Salamence.

The building was quiet once again when TrueStriker chose this moment to mention the thieves. It caught most of them by surprise, but Zane was shocked that they had chosen to approach him, a Gold Tribe member, in the first place. It seemed in desperation, even the thieves would ally temporarily to fight a 'greater evil', or so they would say. Zane heard Gallant scoff in the corner of the room, rolling his eyes. He, of course wasn't going to immediately share his opinions, but Zane knew for a fact that the Sawk didn't support this action. It would probably resonate as a harder decision with older Gold Tribe members, who have long memories, and who have been fighting the likes of thieves since long before this war. But he respected Gallant's decision not to bring the argument up. As much as he despised thieves, every asset was needed.

"Well," Belas began. "I couldn't very well deny them their chance, especially when I've given...other parties of similar distinction that same opportunity." He didn't have to say anything for Zane not to know he referred to the Affiliates. "They can help with the scouting, but we'll be watching them." He shook his head. "Damn what will happen to all of this by the end of the war." He muttered to himself, though not quite low enough that the others wouldn't have heard.

Vera's mention of Sentry as having a larger role in all of this all of a sudden made him remember of a brief encounter they had with Sentry, long in the start of the resistance process. They were traveling to Poseida Village en route to Eternity City to begin the liberation process, as General Belas suggested they do in the letter they found in Liberty Town. Along the way, in the desert known as the Wastes of Will, the Sentinel Sentry was there. Now that he recalled that event, Zane couldn't come up with any good reason why the Scizor would have been in that area in the first place. There was nothing of interest out there for the Sentinels, or specifically for Auron. Was there? Perhaps it was one of those special tasks Vera mention, but he didn't let the memory bother him much more.

"We already took down the body yesterday. It wasn't a pleasant sight to see for the troops or the refugees, no matter who it was...we even gave the bastard a burial," Belas boomed, then lowered his voice as he added in his own thoughts on it, "Although honestly, I wouldn't say the Pokemon ever warranted one. Scoundrel, he was..."

Hazone decided to cut Belas off, probably preventing him from saying too much on the subject publicly. "I suppose we could inform the thieves where we buried him. They would want to pay final respects and such," The Dragon then quieted down, looking among the faces of the Gold Tribe members, the Alpha Alliance officers, and the Affiliates present. "Well...I suppose this is it...I will set the marker for the march. Six days from today should do it," Hazone began to depart from his position at the table, proceeding to begin with the planning. "Good luck with all of your preparations...Arceus be with us all."

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Allora
Cape City

As everyone was about to leave, thinking the meeting was over, another Pokemon appeared. Allora burst through the doors, and, seeing that the meeting had most likely just finished, she shouted

"Wait!"

She walked dizzily to the table around which everyone was gathered. Though there was nothing visibly wrong with her, she felt her weak mind beginning to slip into unconsciousness. "It's Paladin..." she muttered, loud enough for most Pokemon to hear. "He's... dead."

And with that, she fell to the ground, no longer to keep herself from fading.

Paladin
Chaos's mind

"This place is mine now. All mine! And yours, of course. It's ours! But... mostly mine, still."

"What are you?"

"Oh, you want to know, do you? I assumed you'd already figured it out.

"You're supposed to be my 'dark side'. But it has to be more than that. You weren't always here. What are you really?"

"Stupid old Paladin. Memory still a bit hazy, eh? Allow me to refresh it."

A familiar sight. Paladin found himself in the plains of Valkaria. Before him, he saw himself and a large, menacing Haxorus ready to face off. All around them, smaller Pokemon - mainly Ancients and Alpha Alliance soldiers - fought and killed each other, but the two giants were unaffected by the surrounding chaos.

"What have you become?" Paladin asked Auron.

"I remember this."

Auron only growled like a wild Pokemon. Without another word, the two charged at each other. Paladin flew at him while Auron ran until they rammed into each other with incredible force, sending each other toppling over, crushing dozens of Ancients and soldiers in the process. Paladin was the first to arise, followed swiftly by Auron. They only shouted at each other as they charged again, fists and claws at the ready. Then, just before they hit, the image went to black.

"The battle of Gold City. I knew something terrible had happened there."

"That's not the end of it."

The scene shifted again. Paladin heard nothing but screams around him, and quickly realized that this memory was set in a torturehouse. Strapped to the floor with incredibly large bindings was Paladin, and around him stood three figures: Frost, Sentry, and Auron himself.

Auron took something off of his neck. The crystal at the end of the string shined a bright silver, despite the fact that there was nothing but murky darkness surrounding it.

"You're sure this'll work?" Sentry asked.

Frost turned to him, a malevolent grin on her face. "If it doesn't, he'll automatically shut down. Relax."

Then, she turned to Auron. "Remind me what all this is for again?"

Auron said nothing. He only handed her the crystal. Frost took it and held it up before the trapped, barely conscious Paladin's face. Instantly, things began to change. Paladin felt a strong surge of pain creep up one side of his body, and began thrashing about, but was unable to release himself from the restraints. He screamed louder than any of the other Pokemon in that instant, his cries echoing throughout the entire structure as the pain increased. Frost only kept holding the crystal before him, that grin still plastered on her face.

"Go to sleep now, big boy. You've got a big day ahead tomorrow," she lulled.

The scene faded.

"What in Arceus's name was that?"

"That, Paladin, was my birth..."

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos

Vera looked to Hazone as the meeting came to a close. "I will fight." Vera then looked to Belas who had been adamant for her punishment. "If you have any further doubts, let them be absolved."

"Now, Hanso! Give it here!" At the call, the Gallade threw an object to Vera, which she swiped skillfully from the air. She brought it up, and adhered it to the string which carried her pouch by applying heat. When her hand was removed, a gold pendant was revealed bearing a pair of flaming wings coming from a shield which bore the initials "GT."

"I am with you until the end, as a representative of my dead family. I will take their place in the Gold Tribe until we take back Gold City. Then, you can do whatever you want with me." The Blaziken then turned away to prepare for battle.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cape City

Vera showing them a Gold Tribe emblem made Zane wonder where exactly she had got it from. He first assumed she had possibly gotten it off of a slain GT member, but the emblem she held wasn't one he immediately recognized. However, from the corner of the room, Gallant sat up, recognizing the emblem. "Hmm...you're a Fayos, aren't ya?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow. "I remember the family. Good warriors, good Gold Tribesmen."

The surprising appearance of Allora, the Gold Tribe Shadow Protector, and her announcement, caused Zane's heart to sank. The instant she hit the ground, Zane and other Gold Tribe members went to check in on her condition. She was unconscious, but it appeared she would be alright. It was always hard to hear the news of death, especially of a Gold Tribe member. Yet it was even more hard to hear the news of a dear friend he was only recently reunited with. He had assumed that when he heard of his disappeared, probably by capture, that they would have needed him alive for some reason, but as he found out, that was not the case.

The Stoneguard cleared as the various characters went about their day. Zane took to grief for a good portion of the day, but his sadness didn't stop him from helping out. He helped rebuild homes for citizens for a good portion of the day, and was on guard duty during the evening.

When night came, sleep also did, but he had trouble staying in it for too long. The dreams he had were becoming more and more stronger. Every night, he would sleep and hear the voices of Gold Tribe members, or long forgotten soldiers, or Pokemon he had never heard of. Sometimes the dream repeated, other times, they continued on the story of a different night. As the days passed, he even felt these dream creep up into the day, as he was standing guard, or doing scouting. Flashes of images would flicker in his vision, then disappear. It was distracting, but it was also preventing him from getting a good nights rest, something he desperately wanted. The longer these continued, the more he began to think that they were some way connected to the Gold Crystal worn around his neck.

He sought the advice of the Keeper on it, who confirmed a possible connection, but his words were cryptic, at best. Perhaps he didn't know and merely made as many theories as Zane did. Or perhaps he did know something, and simply chose not to share. Either way, it frustrated him. He also asked about his other way, the other possible way of ending the crystal madness that the Keeper spoke of. He wanted to know more about it, but as before, the Keeper only said that all would be revealed when the time is right. Right now, it was time for them to focus on the coming march. He was disgruntled, but Zane thought that perhaps he did this to focus them completely on each step of the coming battle, not looking beyond the other steps before the first one would come.

The next days past. Zane met with Belas and Hazone on a few occasions, where they discussed the full extent of the plan. One portion of the army would travel on and over the Lake of Lull. The other portion would travel through the mountain pass toward the torturehouse. There, a two-sided siege would occur, with the primary objective being of taking the torturehouse. The Generals, along with the thieves help in scouting, managed to find out more and more about the layout of the area. Indeed, as the reports confirmed, citizens were taken into the torturehouse every day. Ancients were positioned all across the torturehouse area and beyond. It was obvious by the layout that the final battle would occur on the planes of Valkaria, rather than the city. Reports also came from Gold City, which confirmed the city was empty of Ancients. The citizens who still remained inside the city however, refused to leave their homes. Even if it might have been all safe to leave, many still believed Auron was there, even if no one had seen him in days now. Not a trace of him.

The night before the invasion, Zane had awoken by the same dream he had weeks ago. A Roserade of the Gold Tribe, spoke to him of his purpose, of his meaning.

The original Gold Tribe members gave themselves titles because they sought to rid themselves of all attachments as beings. You are given and referred to by your titles because you HAVE no names now. You are not Pokemon. You are not beings, or citizens of the Alpha Alliance. You are tools. Tools that are used to defend Valkaria from anything and everything. And tools such as you are expendable. If necessary, you will be tossed aside. If necessary, you will be damaged. If necessary you will broken. If necessary, you will be destroyed. You will fulfill you function as is necessary at whatever cost, even your 'life'. Because that, is what the Gold Tribe is.

He awoke from his sleep, and for a long time, he couldn't return. It was a strange thing to believe. Yet after everything they had found out, what if that was true? To rid themselves of attachment to prevent evil from return, to be used not as Pokemon of emotion, but to have none. What if they were just tools?

He pondered this on top of the wall of cape, under the night sky. He suddenly began to hear the sound of heavy walking beside him, and noticed as Belas walked beside him and also sat down. The two faced the direction of Gold City. Zane remembered as a younger Pokemon, the city was lit up enough to be visible from here. Those days were long gone, but Zane remained optimistic that one day, he would be able to sit on top of this wall, and see the shining jewel of Valkaria once more.

"We've come a long way," Belas said with a deep sigh, followed by a hiccup. Zane sat a few paces away, but still smelt the scent of berry alcohol on him. Probably gitters before the march.

"We have, General. We would have never gotten this far without you,"

"Haha!" He roared. "Without me! It's you all I should be thanking. The Gold Tribe!" He hiccuped again. "Yer damn good soldiers, ya know that?!"

Zane smiled and nodded.

"But yaknow, I don't think we would have ever really even gotten started if you haven't given us that push in Liberty Town," Belas said, as he proceeded to stand, presumably to leave. Zane continued to gaze across the plains to the mountains, hoping to catch a glimpse of Gold City, with no luck. He could hear Belas slow leave, but then he realized what it was the General had said.

He turned to him. "Wait, General. What do you mean by 'push'?" Zane inquired. Belas turned with a bit of a stumble and replied.

"Why, the letter, of course!"

"...Letter?"

"Yes, the one you had sent to us survivors of the Sentinel attack!" He began to mimick what was apparently written down in the letter. "Eh? 'We have rescued Hazone, sorry we couldn't make it to you in time, but Hazone agrees the time is now to strike back? Gather everyone to Poseida?' Remember now? I did my best to get everyone I could to gather everyone to that battle. So many more came than I would have guessed."

"But...General. I never sent you a letter," Zane replied, confused by the situation. "You sent us a letter, remember? Attached it to the wall, saying to meet us in Poseida?"

"Eh?!" General Belas howled back. "I dun' rightly recall ever sending that..." He looked down at his arm, which carried between it a large bottle of alcohol, most of it being drained. "Ah' spose I had a bit too much to remember! Hahaha! I guess I best be hitting the hay! You don't stay up too long now!" He yelled, laughing back into camp, until his voice disappeared into the night. Zane watched him walk the whole way back. He wore a confused look on his face, but ultimately dismissed it as talk of a drunken General. He smile, and returned his sights to the northeast. Tomorrow would be the beginning of the end.

Zane had no concrete visions, but rather flashes of images throughout the entire night. Visions of many Pokemon he had seen, or heard in visions. Sometimes, he even saw the flashes of Pokemon of the current time. Belas, Hazone, Penance, TrueStriker, Wildfire, Auron, Hoodhide, Dark Lightning, Guardia, Sovereign, and many more. All came by as flashes, and some spoke, as if his mind recalled their words from a memory. It was muddled, but by the time he had awoken, it was because of the light that shone upon him. He found himself lying on top of the wall where he had been laying the night before. His head hurt from all of the flashes he had seen, the dreams and the visions. But now, he had to put all that aside. Just outside the wall of Cape City, tents were being put down. Soldiers were gathering in formation. The city was being empty of all fighters. The citizens of Cape City, happy to see their homes returned, but also saddened to see loved ones depart for another conflict, gave their final goodbyes, waving flags and throwing roses. Zane quickly left the top of the wall to join the rest of the soldiers in preparation. Belas was instructing soldiers on last minute details. Apparently he didn't suffer any hangover of the previous night, or at least he hid it well if he did.

Zane was surprise by how quickly everyone was mobilized, because only about an hour after he had awoken, the time to march was now. Finding his other brothers and sisters in the vast army, he joined them as he listened to the General.

"The first army has already begun its path over the lake!" Belas boomed to the army, which was followed by the cheers of the soldiers. Sword and Shield too roared with them, eager as ever. "They will have crossed at the same time we reach the torturehouse! Soliders, remember what it took to get here! We pushed under the wall of Eternity City and took back the Grand Citadel together!" More louder cheers and screams came from the army. "We rushed through Shine City and took back Gravel!" Again, cheers followed Belas' words. "We took down the watchtowers and liberated Albia! We fought our way under the Thousand Tunnels and reconquered Cape City!"

"Pokemon of Valkaria! Only one more city remains! Let's take back our home!" The soldiers cheered louder than Zane had ever heard before. He smiled with them, pumped as ever to take back the birthplace of the Gold Tribe, the capital of Valkaria, the final torturehouse and the last city of the Silver Tribe. All together, the Pokemon began to march to Gold City.

Cape City and Gold City were only a few hours apart, even with a large force to march with, the path there wasn't expected to be long. It would become even shorter because of their current target being the torturehouse before Gold City rather than the city itself. Yet across the mountains and past the lake, by the largest torturehouse ever constructed, the full might of the Silver Tribe was waiting.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji "The Swift" Slynt​

The next few days went like a blur, but were filled with events. The Swift would've enjoyed it, but his head had already been swimming with thoughts...There had been an ambush by Sentry. That had hold of Jirmonji's mind at the moment. Why would a Sentinel attack the bulk of the Alpha Alliance? The possibilities were endless. Jirmonji wasn't sure of a lot of things: He didn't know what would happen. He didn't know what his purpose was. He didn't know what everyone was planning, sure they had told him, but he never had control of his thoughts at the time. But there was one thing he DID know. That he would die taking Silver City.

As the Alpha Alliance army got ready to move on the final day, a great speech resounded throughout the plains. "The first army has already begun its path over the lake. They will have crossed at the same time we reach the torturehouse! Soliders, remember what it took to get here! We pushed under the wall of Eternity City and took back the Grand Citadel together! We rushed through Shine City and took back Gravel! We took down the watchtowers and liberated Albia! We fought our way under the Thousand Tunnels and reconquered Cape City!"

The Swift was cheering along with the rest of the army, a grand smile on his face.

"Pokemon of Valkaria! Only one more city remains! Let's take back our home!"

He let out the loudest cheer he could manage with the last statement. He grinned and began to go around to the troops, talking to them, telling them that it would be alright: That they would win. And they all agreed. "We are the Gold Tribe, and we will stand by the Alpha Alliance to the very end!" He grinned and ran around the entire army. By the time he was done, he had talked to most of the footmen. The Swift had one final thought before battle. This is truly a cause worth dying for.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Bloodthirster

Bloodthirster was flying above Cape City, surveying the formation of the army of the Alpha Alliance. He scratched the scales of his head a few times, glancing at the north where he had traveled to the past days since the march. Now he'd come back to this. Look at them, being happy and all! he thought to himself. He had mixed emotions. This war was coming to an end... he wouldn't be able to kill freely after this. But he had become weary of fighting, oddly. Maybe he'd had his share for a lifetime. Or not.

His last trip to the north... something had set him off. There was this cave, where the bones of his mentor should have been...

It was empty. His mentor, an Aerodactyl, had risen, like the Ancients, possessed. I will find you, Bloodthirster had vowed, and if you are like them, I will end you. Let that be my first kill to the last chapter of my killing streak.

This was the end of the line. There would be no need for him to kill sentient Pokemon after this battle; either he died fighting, or they were successful and they brought Valkaria the freedom and peace they all longed for. Perhaps it was both for him. "The end of the line," he roared to the skies. That was where it all ended.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Madman' Malum​

All he did was grin as the Kecleon was grabbed and Gallant showed his true colors. It was humorous in a way that such a high and noble goldy would fall from his pedestal so quickly and show how the teachings of a lost caused affected him. The Kecleon gasped as he was freed and quickly backed against the wall as he blended in with the surroundings once more. Penance cocked his head as the shenanigans went on and on. He was slightly put off when Zane decreed they would not be using his tunnels, though he had to hand the Bisharp credit at his explanation. He was becoming wiser each and every day.

As the meeting died down he ported away with his Abra hat and began planning. He knew WHAT he was aiming for, but the question was still HOW to do it without dying? It would be nearly impossibly. He knew that such a feat couldn't be possible, but it somehow had to have happened before! All he wanted was some way to get answers about the first time, but he knew that the Keeper wouldn't be likely to tell and that place he had guarded was bobby trapped to the extreme if he just left it willy nilly.

No... this had to be solved. It was a quandrum, but at the same time he could have an ace in the sleeve if he didn't show all the cards at first. It was important to act cool in such a situation and then shove a stick right when they didn't expect it, problem was that they were also clever. They were keeping them away from the city for a purpose, and highly likely it was so that more powers could develop for Auron. It could even get to the point that he could take all of them on by just simply snapping his fingers.

So for the days leading up to the march the Affiliates trained. It was really all they could do. The psychics were out so it was up to other guards to take up the slack, but as the Alpha Alliance formed up the Affiliates formed up apart from them. Although not as equipped as the soldiers they were still determined to go on. The flag bearers were out in front holding the Affiliate flags up high.

Penance appeared with a poof next to Zane, "Heya there hero boy! Ready for a smack down?"

The Abra on his head yawned, but it seemed he had brought friends. A familiar Marowak was with him as well as a Pawniard, "Hello Mr. Zane." Lashire said as he bowed a bit.

Penance grinned, "Don't mind if we boogie with you down there, right?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype the Sableye

Snype nodded to deceiver. He had things pretty well planned out with the torture house. It'd be a battle against the Gold Tribes morals... a big mind game! Snype could only anticipate what would happen... everything seemed set in place. All that was left was to wait and make extra preparations.

"Hey Deceiver, I'll be right back. I'm gonna take a look outside. Knowing both of our strategies, they might have sent scouts our way. Kehehe. I won't do anything to them. They can tell them what they want. It won't matter once they hit the torture house. You get everything set up. I won't be long." Snype said confidently "Also, watch your back. I was fighting two shape shifters earlier. They can take on whatever form they please. Anybody could be a spy." He added. Just as he was about to exit, Levina walked up to him.

"Hey! You!" Levina called out. Snype turned back to her. "Thanks and such. You really are crazy for helping me back there. I think you DO have a soft spot for me! Kehe- erm..." She teased, slipping into Snypes chuckle for a moment.

Snype grinned. "Keh. Don't mention it. Seriously. Don't. I have a reputation to keep. Just don't get yourself killed out there again. I might not be able to save you this time. You stay alive and I'll stay alive. I need a sidekick after all!" Snype said with a chuckle. Levina twitched her eye.

"Hey! Your the sidekick here! Don't go getting things backwards!" She argued.

"Right right sure. I'll see you on the field!" Snype said before quickly heading outside.

The Ancients were still grouped up and the battle was bound to begin soon... Snype jumped onto of the ancients heads and began to look around the area. Not like these drones cared. They were meant for war. He could use a marker and draw on their faces if he seriously wanted to. If the fight began early... the least he could do was lead the gold tribe into the torture house.

"Hmm... lets see if anythings out of place here..." Snype quickly looked around, preparing detect just incase they did something crazy. There were bound to be some scouts around... there always were. Snype could at least spook them a bit.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria

The army of the Alpha Alliance marched inexorably toward Silver City. One way or another, this would be likely be their final march. They would either die, or they would succeed. Zane had seen so many die now during this war. From the Gold Tribe members who perished in the initial invasion, including Rey, to the Gold Tribe members who fought for the liberation, to the Alpha Alliance soldiers who had given their all along the way, each Pokemon had a part to play in every portion of the war. Now that they were so close, Zane wanted to make sure that all of the blood that was spilled to reach there was worth it. The Gold Tribe, standing upon the brink of destruction with only a handful of their thousands of members still alive, would see this war through to the end. For them, this was an all or nothing move. They didn't have another one in them. As he knew, and as most of his brothers and sisters have probably known for a long time, this war would likely be the death of the Gold Tribe.

But if it was their end, then Zane was going to be sure as hell that it wouldn't be the Alpha Alliance's end as well.

As they continued along their way, Penance and a few other of his Affiliates he recognized made their way to him.

"Su-" Zane began to respond, but was suddenly interrupted by a tingling sensation from his head, followed by a flash of an image in his vision. The image was blurred, as he was unable to identify who it was or what it was saying. It felt like static burning through his brain, and his mind was trying to clear it up, which caused him all manner of discomfort. He stopped walking and felt to a knee, clutching his head. The image clear up, but still not enough to identify the Pokemon. However, he was able to hear the last of what the Pokemon was saying.

'The question is, Zane: are you?'

As fast as the flashes and images appeared, so too were they gone just as swiftly, leaving Zane confused on the ground. A few Pokemon to the left and right of him stared down at him, though Zane didn't pay them much mind, recovering back to his feet and proceeding onward. He looked over at Penance again.

"Apologies. You can walk where you wish, I suppose," He answered him. The images he received, the voices, he had a feeling they were in some way connected with the Gold Crystal. Before, they came more in dreams, and perhaps it was more normal. But as time went on, they became more and more common even outside the dream. It was a strange sensation, and one in which he didn't have an answer as to why it occurred. Just another thing he wished to see come to an end.

***​

Plains of Valkaria- Scouting positions ahead of the armies

The Sneasel thief known as Ches hid lower in the rocky terrain of the mountain pass as he noticed a Pokemon on approach to his position, or more specifically their positions. The thieves were used as scouts for the past week, helping with spying as well as tactical gathering of information. Half, if not more of the good information the Alpha Alliance received before the march came from them. They were experts at this, after all. Now, Ches and his group of thieves were positioned a few miles ahead of where the armies were, making last-minute scouting adjustments to ensure a safe path. That is, until the aforementioned Pokemon entered his field of vision.

Ches couldn't see the Pokemon from how far away he walked, but there was something about the way he walked that made him seem a bit more dangerous than his size might insinuate. He made a quick signal with his arm to thieves hiding in other positions, a sign to lay low for the time being. The way the Pokemon walked, which Ches finally identified as a Sableye once it was close enough, felt eerily familiar, as if he knew where to look for hiding Pokemon. As his steps grew closer, Ches popped his head out, and confirmed with his eyes what his head was telling him. His eyes opened wide as he recognized the former thief and current Sentinel Snype, and quickly tried to signal the others to move out of their positions. As for Ches, he tried to lay low, Snype being far too close to him to try and make a run for it without getting spotted. He had to only hope Snype didn't catch sight of him.

Megaman765

Years
Snype the Sableye

Snype continued to look around the area for anyone out of place on top of the Ancients heads humorously. They didn't even seem to care. His ears twitched when he heard a noise. With Detect active, his senses were heightened. He caught a glimpse of a Sneasel not too far. A very familiar one at that... was he part of the Gold tribe? In a sense, maybe... Snype simply stared at where the thieves were hiding. He wasn't alone. Going right up to him would be dumb of him. So Snype decided to play around with the thieves. Who'd think there were some survivors? Guess now they figured him as a traitor among thieves. He bailed before the Silver Tribe killed them all and even assisted the Silver Tribe with his own scouting. He had to start somewhere. The ancients were oblivious of the scouts. They were focused on the upcoming war.

Snype hopped down and gave a large smile toward the hiding Sneasel. He had time to play some mind games. Maybe feed some false information.

"...Kehe! And here I thought I was the only one who made it out! Aren't you a sight for sore eyes... uh... whatever your name was. What was it, Cheese or something?" Snype taunted.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria - Scouting positions ahead of the armies

Ches placed his body further toward the rock, appearing to be hugging it tightly as to avoid any detection. Yet to his dismay, the Sableye quickly hopped up to his location and made out the hiding Sneasel. Ches backed away quickly, facing Snype while moving back on his behind, arms and legs. Ches looked down toward the area where Ancient were present. So far, they didn't appear to notice his presence, or Snype talking to him for that matter either. How long would it be before Snype alerts them and all hell breaks loose?

"I-it's Ches, y-your traitor!" The Sneasel stuttered out. He wanted to put on a brave face, despite his predicament, though he wasn't doing a very good job. He moved his eyes around, making a quick check to see where the others were, but he couldn't pick them up, meaning they had already fell back, or they were hiding. "And n-no thanks to you! They killed everyone because you helped them in!"

Megaman765

Years
So he was aware... the thieves were very perceptive. He could see that Ches was afraid of the Sableye. That made it more fun for Snype. Indeed, Snype did give directions through the thieves forest... it was the least he could do after all! Snype gave a snicker and decided to mess with the Sneasel more.

"Yeah yeah whatever you say Chad. I just saw an opportunity and took it! The thieves wanted to take out the Gold Tribe and here we were, staying put. Kehehe... I stuck with the Silver Tribe, took out whatever weak souls decided to stay behind and here I am! Full fledged Sentinel with the Gold Tribe in our sights! It's not so bad on this side! Kehehe..." Snype said as he walked closer to the Sneasel, preparing Detect just incase.

"You look so afraid... whats wrong? Afraid of what I might do? Comon humor me Chaz." He teased.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria - Scouting positions ahead of the armies

Ches shook his head, backing up even further away from the Sentinel. "It wasn't about taking out the Golds. It never was. You never got that." He backed up even further, but found behind him to be nothing but rock. He was stuck now, at a corner. "Roswell had a good thing going, taking care of us. We had our place that no one could find, and even the Golds weren't layin' on the pressure as much. Then they, and ruined everythin'. Everythin'! Now look at us!"

The closer the Sableye got, the further Ches tried to get. "I-it's Ches!" He said as bravely as he could. "And I'm no idiot, I heard what you do for them now. But I ain't givin' you no ideas." He crossed his arms, trying to look away as if he didn't care what happened next. If it was going to be the end of him, he wasn't going out running like the rest of the thieves in the forest. Besides, he didn't think he'd be able to move his feet even if he tried. He seemed frozen in place.

Megaman765

Years
Snype smirked at the Sneasel. "Aw but it was so boring bsck there! Sitting put and doing nothing... not the best life for a talented group of thieves... I wasn't really a fan of the whole neutral fiasco. It was sooo boring! The Silver tribe was a nice little escape from it all... got back at the Gold Tribe, and took on their offer to tag along. Hey if you guys tagged along you probably wouldn't have a dead leader right now! Kehehe." He said, keeping his large grin as he leaned toward the Sneasel. He had no plans on killing him lucky for him. But he could give him the false sense that he was going to.

"I didn't really have much incentive to go off and get rid of the thieves. Sure, it was part of the job and the Silver Tribe would probably take them out anyways... since they weren't useful. Though part of it could be because I was bored. I tend to get a little crazy when I'm bored. KEhehe. Heck, I'm feeling kind bored right now..." Snype said. He was right next to the Sneasel, tracing his cold finger along his shoulder.

"So, What did the Gold Tribe tell you? How much do you know? You've probobly been here for quite some time. And your thief buddies are probobly sending that information to the Gold Tribe as we speak. So it makes no difference at this point does it Clay?" Snype teased again.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Corronis

Things happened quickly Allora anounced Paladin's death... however Accatosh doubted it... he would know for sure if he was dead, he knew that their bond would be broken if the Golurk had died... unless something else happened and he didn't notice it. Accatosh didn't focus on that however as the Gold Tribe were dismissed and he listened to the General's address.

Accatosh was moved by the address and he could tell that the soldiers were moved as well. He gethered the remains of what he needed, his wounds being mostly healed. Veltra visited him, "just like old times isn't it," she asked referring to when he left at the start of this war. "yes... just like old times, but this time things are going to be different... Listen don't go with the Affiliates, go look for Skyfall, yes, that legendary city." Veltra thought for a moment then she nodded understanding, "alright I'll go look for it, with hopes it can be found and well you know the rest." Accatosh nodded and watched as she left to gather her things.

Time passed and soon everybody left, Accatosh was flying most of the time, taking a look at the ground below, and at the lake, he hoped that this plan worked... that peace will be restored to the land.

Accatosh a few days later saw that the scouting party of the remnants of the Thieves, had as it appeared bumped into trouble, as he flew over head he saw one backed in between a rock and a Sabeleye, talk about being between a rock and a hard place. there was no real time to think so he acted, he got in position, aimed for the Sabeleye and fired a weak Fire Blast at the ghost's face, then he prepared to swoop in and grab the other pokemon, a Sneasel, he outstretched his talons, to grab the Sneasel by the shoulders and leave.

Megaman765

Years
Snype the Sableye

Before Snype had a chance to continue scaring the Sneasel to death, his ears twitched at a nearby noise. He quickly noticed a Fire Blast headed right for his face. Since he had Detect active, he was able to quickly avoid the direct blow but noticed that the Sneasel was gone. Typical. Somebody must have took that chance to get him out of there. Oh well. With Snype on watch they wouldn't be sneaking around anytime soon. Snype was a thief after all. He knew the hiding places and their techniques. He couldn't abuse Detect though. It'd take some time before he could use it successfully again. Enhancing his senses wasn't exactly easy.

A couple of ancients reacted the the noise and marched over to Snypes location. Whoever was there though seemed to escape.

"Get back into your positions. The fight hasn't started yet." Snype ordered. The ancients nodded and quickly went back into position. If this was how the Gold Tribe was going to play then this wouldn't be trouble at all. They'd do anything to protect their own. All Snype had to do was bring them to the right spot... ohhh this would be fun! Snype thought about doing a bit of his own scouting now! There were plenty of ways to get to Silver City. They'd be all over the place. Snype just had to choose what group to pick on.

Snype ran toward the group of Ancients and proceeded jumping across their heads, scouting around the area for any signs of the Alpha Alliance, Gold Tribe, or the thieves.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos

The Blaziken sat in Vera's hand as she waited for the order to move out. It would be coming soon. She tried many times to recreate the occurrence with Penance, but never managed to get it to work. She had been silent for the majority of the time leading to today, except to discuss tactics when needed, and to thank Hanso. Since then, she had been avoiding him. She simply could not pull herself to look at his eyes. A grim reminder that Sovereign was gone.

Occasionally, someone would hassle her about her role in the Silver Tribe. She let them vent, understanding full well that they had every right to be angry.

"Your presence has been requested. The march will begin soon," a Machoke said to her. She took her place among the ranks of the Gold Tribe, something she had never expected. For all her hate towards their kind, she was relieved to be setting things right. She would be joining the group traveling along the mountain path.

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye and a few other Pokemon of note.
Cape City

~~~~~

It didn't take long once the meeting was over for Hanso to contact the Thieves and let them know that their help would be accepted. They'd be watched as the General had said, but Hanso saw no reason for the Thieves to try anything, at least until the Silver Tribe was over and done with. Once he'd done that, the next item on his list to check off was Scar. For that, he needed to find Penance or one of the Affiliates.

It was afternoon by the time Hanso found the hole he and Vera had exited the day before. It was the closest he'd get to where his mental beacon was, if it had been left there. The Gallade checked the room below before hopping down, landing lightly on his feet. From there, Hanso found the door that opened into the tunnels. Why not just grab him myself, anyway? Because the Affiliates likely wouldn't appreciate him barging in without permission, and they needed to be working together instead of bickering. Not to mention they might still have traps in these tunnels.

Hanso shook his head and leaned against the wall beside the doorway, sending out mental tracers in both directions of the tunnel. He'd find an Affiliate sooner or later, if they didn't find him first.

As the Gallade wandered around the tunnels he did come across an Affiliate, a little Furret at that. "Oh! You're that Gallade! Penance was waiting for you to come down. You're so courageous and brave! Just like he said." The Furret pointed down the tunnel, "What you're looking for is down there. Just be careful when getting inside." With that the Furret ran off down another tunnel.

Yep. They're still down here. Hanso nodded his thanks to the Furret before setting off down the tunnel, then stopped. He needs to stop being so predictive. He continued onward, noting the general direction his beacon was coming from.

As he got closer and closer to the beacon the Gallade would find that eventually he would find himself in front of a pair of steel doors. Surprisingly... or maybe not surprisingly there was a note on the door.

Dear Hanso,

Kindly wipe your feet off and come on in! Hehe, I know how much you want to find him. Anyways, there are refreshments inside for you, I'm sure you're so tired from the long walk.

Sincerely,
Bestest friend Penance

So nice of him, don't you think? Varren asked. Hanso was sure the Gengar was grinning inside his head. He drew in the energy from the beacon until only traces remained. Reading the note again, Hanso shrugged and did as it asked before opening a door and stepping inside.

Inside was a medium sized room. Upon a table laid Scar, his eyes shut tight and light breaths escaping his mouth. There were no psychics in the room, but there was Penance who was munching on a cookie. He quickly swallowed, "About time! I've been starving here! Oh, all the sugar cookies are gone, no thanks to your sweet time getting here."

"No idea if there were any traps you might've forgotten," Hanso retorted, staying beside the doors as he watched Penance. "I wasn't gonna be that reckless."

The Golduck smirked at that, "And that's why you're one of the smarter ones! Anyways, want to know what he's like eh? Well... suffice to say he's in a coma. While the psychics were here they made their way into his mind, but no memories of his remain from Auron. More specifically the last thing he remembers is the meeting with the head honcho and then getting ready to set off and that's it. No ideas about if anyone intercepted them, or even if they were knocked out on the way there or such."

He chuckled, "It's a mystery, but Sentry knows. What he said to me when I confronted him leads me to that much of a conclusion. He didn't act like the others... the ones who worshipped Auron practically. He knows Auron is being controlled by the crystal leading to the idea that he very could have betrayed them all and allowed the crystal to possess them, who knows?"

Really. Hanso's eyebrows had risen at the idea that Sentry was more aware of the Sentinels' situation than any of the others. Glancing at Scar, he tapped a foot in thought. "But if Sentry was with them, then normally he'd have been corrupted, as well." After a moment, Hanso added, "He also would've needed to know about the crystal in the first place."

Penance smirked all the while, "Think about it like this Gallade. Imagine after that first war, that the remnants of that strange cult were still connected... but hid among the general public. No one is spreading the story about them, but they are still there and they remember what has happened. They make a plan that sometime in the future to get revenge, so their family continues on, each one making sure the next generation knows about the story... until it gets to this time and date. Suddenly a Scizor that is part of this family gets accepted into the Gold Tribe, but makes sure to be the best damned goldy around.

Because of this he gets accepted to do a special mission... to check on a crystal. Think about it. They've been planning this for some time. All they needed was someone to be trusted well enough to be sent on this mission... and then attack his comrades out of the blue to knock them out. If such a story had been passed, he also would have been told how to negate the crystal's effects perhaps and once the crystal possessed our Haxorus, he introduced himself and just went with it. Don't you think?" He finished with a sly smile.

Wow, he's good, Varren noted dryly. "Must've spent a while thinking on it, Golduck," Hanso said, folding his arms. "I'll admit, it would make sense. Have you considered, then, why they've allowed this war to drag out so long? We both know they've had enough Ancients that at any time they could've crushed us like a Weedle, but they didn't. It's the chaos and destruction they're after, it's feeding the crystal." Sighing, Hanso continued. "Either way, theorizing about the past isn't really helping stop them in the future."

"True there hero boy! I believe the reason they dragged it out so long... it very could be that they are building up to something. For some reason, they need us. I don't know why let, but they want us alive. Judging by the smoke the Gengar became... it's like the smoke that attacked the other Sentinels when we freed them. I think this entity wants to take control of this world, and it needs some help. I think... I think we survived because we're strong, it wants that strength. If the crystal can take control of those close to it... and it can give the Sentinels its powers, I imagine the Sentinels were tracking our progress.

Think about it! Sentry appeared to us multiple times, but never killed us, because he was wanting us to show our strength. He wants us to show how powerful we are. Once we get there and battle Auron... it could be possible that the crystal has even given him the power to brainwash those that battle him, just like how the crystal brainwashed him. In battle, it could simply be if he gets close to us we suddenly find ourselves not only sympathizing with him, but also fighting against our former friends. The strongest rise up and become his new Sentinels. Those who are much stronger than the ones he previous gained control of. Think about it, leading us right to his throne? I imagine it's what he wants... or more specifically what the creature in the crystal wants."

Hanso suppressed a shudder; he'd already been close to being taken once. He wasn't going to say how he'd given a Sentinel the information necessary to catch the Gold Tribe outside of Albia. "And yet, you don't share this information with others. Or is it because the Gold Tribe didn't ask?" There he went again, speaking as if he wasn't one of them.

Penance nods, "Righto. And... it's interesting how you phrased that question." He said with a growing smile.

"There's been too many distractions." Hanso kept his gaze on Penance as he spoke. "What matters most right now is ending the war. I...don't consider myself one of them."

Penance nodded, "I have seen you... you're not acting like them. Which is why I demonstrated this event!" He whistled and hummed to himself as Brynn came on in. "Why howdy Brynn! You see Hanso, she's been waiting on this until your mind turned. Both of us saw that you weren't like them, so this is a way that you can help with seperating yourself from that past. Think of it like... counseling. You know what to do Brynn."

The Gardevoir held up her Gold Tribe symbol and smiled weakly at Hanso, "When I first joined the Affiliaites... I realized Hanso that some things help you along. This is something that is a physical representation of my link to the Gold Tribe. I realize now how distant I am from them... so." She made her way over to the wall and tapped on a brick. A small section of wall gave way to reveal a hole where a contained bucket of lava rested. "To get rid of the shackles." She threw her symbol into the lava, "And to embrace freedom." She stepped back and sat on the side of Scar's bed as the lava bubbled for a bit.

Penance glanced at Hanso, "If you wish... you can join your sister in freedom. Not necessarily to me mind you, you're not Gold Tribe... but also I see you aren't mad enough for my place."

The silence lasted a few long moments before Hanso shook his head. "At least you realized I wouldn't join you. I would have laughed in your face if you did. You are one of the distractions, after all, Penance, no matter how much you help. If it turns out the Gold Tribe does want to simply replace the Silver Tribe, then I'll go right ahead and tear them down. If Zane leads them on a better path, then good for them."

"But as I said, all this about loyalty and factions is a distraction. Even this set-up. So. Since Scar isn't in condition to help at this time, should I take him back up or trust that he's fine down here?"

Penance smirked, "You can do whatever you want. But ultimately, the decision to keep that emblem will be yours alone. Wny not have some alone time to think about it?" He stood up, "Come along Brynn, we'll get you a walking stick." The Gardevoir stood up and cast a weak smile at Hanso as she walked out after the Golduck, the door closing behind her.

Hanso didn't return the smile as they left. He stalked over to Scar's table before throwing a wild burst of mixed energy at the wall beside the bucket of lava. For all his talk of distractions, Hanso hated Penance for turning his sister, for being so **** manipulative, for pushing them along a path he was sure they would have traveled on their own. He wondered if the Golduck had noted the absence of Hanso's emblem. Tsk, tsk, why so--

Shut up, Varren! Hanso barely noticed the traces of shadow and psychic energy beside the wall before they disappeared. He was busy pulling Scar off the table and slinging him over one shoulder. A 'port and two seconds later, the Gallade strode through the front entrance of the medical bunker near Stoneguard, heading toward the back where Genevieve was found.

"Coma," Hanso said shortly to a medic that hustled along behind him. The nearest empty bed to the Gardevoir was on the other side of an injured Prinplup who watched curiously. "And I don't care who he is or who he looks like." After laying Scar down on the bed and letting the medic take a look, Hanso turned to find the Prinplup's eyes widen upon recognizing the Mienshao. "It. Doesn't. Matter. Who he is," Hanso repeated quietly to the soldier, who nodded silently.

He needed to train, calm down. He left the bunker to find a place in the city that would be suited for solo exercise.

~~~~~

Night had fallen before Hanso allowed himself to stop his solo training and head back to his tent for sleep. He would have turned down any offer to sleep in a house if anyone had given him one. The Gallade lied down on his mat, but sleep wouldn't come. His head was still clouded with thoughts. There wasn't any other business to attend to, really, was there? ...Varren, I have a question for you. What exactly happened to that family I saw in the portrait?

"That old thing? Don't worry yourself over it. It's nothing. Why dwell on that when you've got a war to prepare for?" Varren sounded hesitant, like he was avoiding the topic.

"For one thing, you're stuck in my head. If you're gonna be peeking at my past, then I better get a look at yours. And I'm gonna do what I can to make sure you don't pop out and ruin anything." Though he wouldn't 'voice' it, Hanso also needed something to occupy his mind until his body decided to sleep.

"Hehehehe..." Varren chuckled, always maintaining his "cheerful" demeanor. Though Hanso could not see it, he was indeed, still smiling. "Ya know, I was stuck in Sovereign's head, too. And right about now I'm really missing it, because at least he didn't ask questions about silly paintings THAT ARE NONE OF HIS BUSINESS! Varren's cool broke. If he were in the real world, he would probably have tried to strangle Hanso.

In the tent, Hanso flopped an arm over his eyes with a sigh. Inside his head, he began squeezing Varren with mental pressure. He was ready to lose his temper again. "It's not your business to go looking at portraits of my past! I know you have been, but I was willing to let it go since we're stuck with each other until death. Still, I will find a way to lock you up if it becomes necessary!" Easing up on the pressure, Hanso added, "Is there a reason to your past actions, or shall I go on assuming that you're nothing but a freak and a bully?"

"...All you need to know is that they're gone. And I choked the life out of the one responsible. When all was said and done, that left me as the new leader of that gang... The Deadly Dredges. That mansion in Sovereign's head is just like the one I had, before and after, in Albia. I suppose you could say I lost my head a bit, not that I'm complaining. Sanity only makes it harder." Suddenly, it became very difficult for Hanso to breath, his lungs being restricted. "I won't be pushed around by the likes of you. You may not like it, but I'm here to stay. This is my body now, too." Varren let go, freeing Hanso to breath again. "It's your madness now, as well..."

After a brief moment of panic during the retaliation, Hanso calmed down enough to say, "Then we're agreed on something." He took a deep breath; he didn't like losing control. "Can I be sure you won't try anything that'll leave us both dead?"

"Hehehehe, that question's a bit loaded. If I say yes, then what leverage do I have? If I say no, you'll never trust me. I will say I like it here much better than in Sovereign's den of nightmares. I pushed Sovereign towards becoming a monster so that I would be free. But your mind is much less messy. Now, enough chatter, disposable hero. You're going to need your rest..." Varren was silent after that, with nothing left to say.

The answer wasn't reassuring, but Hanso let the matter drop. He didn't want Varren taking control of his body...but he couldn't know for sure if there'd be a situation that would merit it. If nothing else, the conversation had left Hanso's mind clear enough for sleep to take hold.

~~~~~

It felt very odd, but this seemed like the third time in a row she'd woken up in the course of a few days. Genevieve felt detached for a moment as her eyes opened, and she slowly pushed herself into a sitting position. She seemed to be in an improvised hospital room. How did she get here?...

"Nice timing, waking up as we got here." The Gardevoir turned her head to the left, where a Gallade and a Chansey stood. The medic added, "I wasn't sure you'd ever wake up. How are you feeling, miss?"

"…Fine," Genevieve lied, glancing to her right. There were a few beds between here and the back wall of the room. Looking back at the two Pokemon, she asked, "Where are we?"

"Cape City," the Gallade answered, ignoring the complaint the medic was trying to raise. "What's the last thing you remember?"

"Not even two minutes, and you're already interrogating me?" Genevieve didn't recognize the Gallade standing before her, but his gray eye seemed familiar… She looked down at her hands as she folded them. Now that she looked back, her memories seemed jumbled. Frowning, Genevieve slowly said, "Well, we were with Auron, leaving Valkaria on a trip…" And then she woke up here. With nothing but what might have been a long dream in between.

Ignoring the Chansey again as she tried to override him, the Gallade flatly stated, "That trip was about two years ago." The medic deflated with a sigh.

Two years? The stunned look on Genevieve's face made the Chansey begin to push the Gallade away. "Clearly, you can't be allowed to stay, sir. You wouldn't break it to her slowly, now would you?"

"Let him stay," Genevieve ordered, staring at the Gallade. "Since he broke it, he might as well tell me more." Caught between the two Psychics, the medic huffed and marched off, leaving the Gallade to grab a stool and sit down. "So." The commanding tone had left Genevieve's voice as she laid back. "It's rude to not introduce yourself first, don't you think?"

The Gallade didn't answer at first. "Nothing, then?" She let him wait for a reply while her eyes looked him up and down. He was a little short for a Gallade, and a gray eye to go with his red one wasn't common. No names or known descriptions came to mind, though. The Gallade wore no golden emblem that Genevieve could see, so she doubted he was of the Gold Tribe.

"I'm sure I'll remember in time," Genevieve finally said, a small smile appearing on her face. "If there is anything to remember, that is." The Gallade looked away for a moment, as if responding to some voice he heard. "Come, I need something to call you by, since you seem to know who I am already."

"…SharpEye." At Genevieve's raised eyebrow, the Gallade added, "It's not my title. You said they were ridiculous, Genevieve."

The smile left her face. "I wasn't aware we had met before now." Genevieve kept her face composed, but inwardly she felt more confused than ever. With a mischievous grin, she asked, "Did we…get together sometime in the last two years?"

"No!" the Gallade answered quickly, looking mortified for a moment. "No, we didn't." Genevieve hadn't really meant it, but neither had she expected herself to say something of the sort. After taking a deep breath, SharpEye stated, "And there wouldn't have been time, either, given the…war."

"Look, why don't you come out already and tell me?" Genevieve asked. "Go back to the beginning, dear, no better place to start. You do have the time, after all, if you came to see me." As the Gallade hesitated, she considered prying the details out of his mind; it would speed things up. Pry? Since when did I pry like that?

"It would take a while for the whole story," SharpEye answered, "and there's only two days before the Gold Tribe and Alpha Alliance march off. Besides, you'll find out yourself, once you remember. You were there for the whole thing." What kind of an answer was that? Genevieve turned her head away from SharpEye, staring at nothing in particular. The silence drew out for several seconds before SharpEye said, "You could come with. We're about to end the war, one way or the other, and your help would be appreciated. Maybe something will jog your memory." The Gallade abruptly stood up. "Let me know if you decide to come." He turned and walked away without waiting for a response from Genevieve.

That was rather rude of him, but he had seemed upset as well. Genevieve laid her head back and closed her eyes. She was of the Gold Tribe, and sitting here wouldn't do anything if there indeed was a war. Only, Genevieve didn't want to accept the Gallade at face-value so easily since the whole situation was unsure.

"You should go." Genevieve looked over at the Prinplup in the next bed over. His torso and arm were wrapped in bandages, and his voice rasped as he spoke. "From the sound of it, he has answers. Even if he is Gold Tribe, he may not return from this battle."

~~~~~

Hanso had spent much of the time over the six days either honing his combat skills or training his mind. It wasn't the fight with the Ancients he worried about; it was whatever scheme the Sentinels would have cooked up for them. His business in Cape City had been more or less wrapped up by the day of the march, even though Vera seemed to avoid him and he hadn't checked in on Genevieve after she'd woken up.

Adjusting the steel bracer with its claw on his right forearm, Hanso stood on the wall of Cape City as he waited for the army to gather. The sun hadn't yet risen, but the army headed for the lake would be leaving soon. As Hanso saw it, everything would come to a conclusion this day, for better or worse. How would they deal with the Sentinels, if any of what Penance said turned out to be true?

"Fancy seeing you here." Hanso turned as Genevieve stepped up beside him, hands behind her back. "Are you giving a last-minute inspection, SharpEye?" she asked without looking at him.

Hanso wasn't sure how similar this Genevieve would be to the Siren. "No, I'm not a General," he muttered, folding his arms. "You're coming, then?"

"I had the thought," Genevieve answered, turning back to the city. "Some of the citizens here gave me rather nasty looks, though. It's as if I offended them personally."

Shaking his head, Hanso said, "It's not you they're looking at. It's…" During his hesitation, he returned the level stare that Genevieve turned on him. "Understand, whatever you remember, you weren't yourself at the time. Are you coming or not?"

Cocking her head slightly, Genevieve smiled. "I can't let a Gallade with answers go to his death, now, can I?"

~~~~~

As it turned out, she didn't leave with Hanso when the first army left for crossing the lake. Genevieve couldn't argue with the fact that they had to cross a lake and she wasn't able to swim or fly. Well, neither could Hanso, but he got a ride from General Hazone, didn't he. The Gardevoir stood near the remainder of the Gold Tribe that would head through the mountain pass, not quite with them but closer than she was to the soldiers. The fact that several more Pokemon had glared at her, a few even speaking out, nagged at Genevieve. What had she done to merit this?

As they moved out, she tried to recall the odd dream that had preceded her awakening. It wouldn't come into focus at all; not even bits and pieces would come to her. Yet. Soon, though…hopefully.

~~~~~

It wasn't a normal thing for one sentient Pokemon to ride another like a steed, as far as Hanso was concerned. The Generals needed some of the Gold Tribe to cross the lake; whoever else had come, Hanso knew Sword and Shield and Speculum were with Hazone's army. And here he was, a Gallade riding on the back of a Dragonite. Hazone had assured him it was fine, but Hanso would debark when time came that he didn't need to be in the air.

As they began crossing the lake, Hanso checked the telepathic network he'd set up and built defenses for. He was connected to the scouts, Hazone, and the Gold Tribe in this army. The scouts' reports would come directly to Hanso so he could relay it to Hazone without having to wait for anyone to fly or swim back. Nothing seemed wrong so far. For the first time in a long while, Hanso was able to keep an empty white room in mind.

"Scouts are reporting in," Hanso said to the Dragonite beneath him, keeping his eyes on the far shore that Hazone flew toward. "All clear so far, with what looks like minimal defense on the lakeside." Did the Ancients not think they'd come this way? Or was it set up?

Either way, the Alpha Alliance smashed into the Ancients like a hammer against glass.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Chaos's Mind

"You're not really dead. But then, I suppose you are. It depends on how you look at it. One thing's for sure: you're a part of me now."

"What the hell are you?!"

"I am... incomplete. I'm still trapped in that wretched stone..."

"The Silver Crystal."

"Yes. That. Until I escape, all I can do is send out smaller parts of me to do my will through certain... individuals. Not only you, Paladin. A piece of me resides in those you call Sentinels, just waiting to be released. I control them, and they're not even aware of it. However, I haven't been able to take them over completely, like I have with you. That will require more time."

"Why me? What's so special about me?"

"Nothing. I chose you because of your ability to cause chaos. I mean, look at you. You're a walking, talking bomb with incredible force. What better tool for destruction? And with my help, you'll become ten times more ferocious!

"The Sentinels. Why not them?"

"As I said, that will require more time. With them, it's difficult because their minds are so... full, you know? With you, it's different. Your good friend Allora made sure that your mind was empty and void, so that I could step in and take over."

"Allora..."

"Yes. In essence, this is all her fault."

"Shut up, you bastard! You caused this!"

"Of course I did. But are you any less guilty? That fight with Sovereign had nothing to do with me until you started getting your skull bashed in. I had to step in because I still needed you."

"Yes. I know I am guilty. I regret it all."

"I sure as hell don't! It was fun! HAHAHA!"

"Shut up!"

"I was just a seed at first. A seed planted by the Silver Crystal in your soul. And I grew. Your hate, your sadness, your loss was my fuel as I grew on you, Paladin."

Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap.

"Ah! Finally! There it is! Now... let the fun begin!

Silver City Torturehouse

"It seems you were the only thing we got out of this battle, my friend," Sentry said as he stared up at the large Golurk's blank face. "Let's hope Auron was right about you."

Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap.

"It is done."

At first, the Golurk did not move, and Sentry wondered if he had done it right. However, soon, he noticed something beginning to protrude from Paladin's back. Upon close inspection, they appeared to be black tendrils reaching out slowly and wrapping around Paladin's entire body. Eventually, he was completely covered by the dark, rope-like tendrils, as if he was in a cocoon of some sort. The cocoon stood still for a few minutes, before it began to react. Sentry stepped back as it appeared Paladin was struggling from the inside, trying to break out of the cocoon. It violently thrashed about as it grew bigger and bigger.

"Do you remember this place, Paladin? This is where the other side was born. And this is where you shall be reborn!"

The thrashing stopped, and the cocoon quickly dissipated into a cloud of smoke that filled the entire torturehouse. It was difficult for Sentry to see clearly, but he saw a giant, shadowy figure in the mist. At some point, a Pokemon must have used Defog, because the smoke cleared away, revealing a most intimidating sight.

There stood a new Pokemon. A Golurk with red shining eyes that burned with a desire for chaos, and a metallic black body that absorbed all that was light and good.

"You can call me The Blackguard, b*tches!"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria - The Mountain Side

The armies made their way through the mountain pass. Thus far, things were quiet. They passed through the area with little interference. Zane was on alert the entire time, though. He expected something to pop up and surprise them. He had to be ready in case it did, but surprisingly, the path through the mountains was uneventful. That didn't make Zane any less nervous for what was to come. He remembered the path well, having taken in so many times before on his trips to Gold City. Before the war. Before the invasions. The mountain path would curve to the left, and when the last of the boulders would exit their views, in the far distance, the shining Gold City would have been in view, as well as the entire clearing of the plains around it. It would be a straight path from there.

Zane wasn't sure what to think about the situation. He had not seen Gold City in almost 7 months now. The last time he saw it was in the final defense, where the Gold Tribe had ultimately failed in defending their home, where only he and a handful of other Gold Tribe members escaped where hundreds of others fell in battle, including their leader Rey. For a moment, he wondered if it was even there anymore. What if Auron had decided to destroy it and leave a big crater where it once stood?

But as they passed through the mountains, everything was in his view. The golden and sometimes green plains danced along the ground in the wind, moving to its beat. Yet their beat was interrupted by another force which occupied them. Built at some point in the last 6 months was the crude, yet abnormally large building right on the plains. It was the Silver City torturehouse, a building of cruelty, pain, and misery. It was a blight upon Valkaria, and the first part in the last step to bring an end to the Silver Tribe.

Directly in front of Zane and the army was a vast sea of forces, Pokemon standing in wait. They were arranged in a uniform fashion, perfectly aligned as most soldiers were. The discipline of the Ancients could not be denied, for all their actions they had cost, they had at least that. Yet that discipline was fed to them by another entity, it was not something they learned themselves. These Ancient surrounded the torturehouse, waiting for the Alpha Alliance to come.

And behind those two obstacles, a third object could be seen amongst the vast plains surrounded by the mountains of Valkaria. Far in the distance, the tall structures of Gold City, which was now distastefully renamed Silver City, were present. From this far distance, it appeared exactly the same as he remembered it months ago. It was their capital, all Gold Tribe member's unofficial home. It was once a place of deep pride, a shining beacon for all of the Pokemon of the world of their character. Of the heroism, hope and goodness Pokemon were capable of. Then, it was taken by darkness.

And now, only now would they finally be able to take it all back. Yet before Gold City would be theirs again, they would have to defeat the Ancient army in front of them, and also liberate the torturehouse and save the Pokemon trapped inside. Even from this distance, Zane could see they were sorely outnumbered. They had the advantage of fighting on two fronts now, but even with both of their armies put together, the Ancients had probably double the forces they had, and that was being generous. The Alpha Alliance had the Gold Tribe, some thieves, and the Affiliates, true, but the Silver Tribe still had the Sentinels, however many remained. They were still not to be taken lightly.

General Belas shouted for the army to halt, and instantly officers shouted through the plains, causing the Pokemon to stop abruptly. Some looked on to their enemies numbers with fear. Others held looks of angry and rage. Some had confidence, some had sadness. But all were determined to see it all come to an end. And end it would, one way or the other.

Silently, the two armies faced off with one another. Zane examined the army, and possible placed that they defense might be weaker to attack, yet it didn't seem like they had any weak ends on this side. Maybe the lakeside force would have more luck. Then, a Pokemon began approaching to the front of the Ancient army. It was an Aerodactyl, yet large than any other around, and with a scar traveling across the left side of his jaw. He had seen this Pokemon before, during the Gold City invasion. The Gold Tribe had learned this was the General of the Ancient armies, a Pokemon with ferocity to match a Sentinel. He had led the Ancients through the capital with the help of the Sentinels and Auron. Zane had actually thought this Pokemon had died. He had faced him once before, with the help of Rey. In fact, it was Rey who had given the large beast that cut along his face. The Gold Tribe had begun calling this beast Rector.

Rector stood at the front of the army, before letting out a mighty roar, which the Alpha Alliance had heard clearly from the other side of the plains. Then, the stomping began. With their feet, and their paws, and claws and hooves, the Ancients pounded on the grounds in unison, the entire plains beginning to shake. It was like war drums, beating before what would surely be the most crucial battle of their time. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. The Ancients dropped their steps in unison. Zane looked around at some of the others, seeing their reaction to this. To some of the Alpha Alliance, they looked more fearful because of it. To others, they appeared even more determined. The Gold Tribe were among the determined. They saw what lies ahead, what they were fighting for. Not just the bricks, and marble, and wood, and stone of the cities they lived in, but also for the Pokemon who occupied them. That was always their message, even if they might have sidetracked from it before. Now, more than ever, the Gold Tribe had to stick by that message.

"Well, this is it," He heard Gallant say to the other Gold Tribe members. Gallant walked up to Zane and Guardia, who stood by each other. "I just wanted to say, for everything that's happen, I know Rey would have been proud of you. Of both of you." Zane closed his eyes and nodded, seeing the face of the former Gold Tribe leader in his mind. He opened them and noticed Guardia, deep in thought as she too remember her father and all other Gold Tribe members who fell along the way.

"We'll take back our home, and we'll finally give our brothers and sisters their rest in the afterlife," Zane said, as he place his arm on her shoulder. Up ahead, Belas walked forward to stare off at the stomping Ancients.

"I never demanded any of you to march with us!" Belas boomed to the silent army, the stomping of the Ancient ever apparent in the background. "I only ever did ask you to come, and you all came out of your own desire! You made this possible! We have payed for the liberation of Valkaria with many of our lives. They were friends, brothers, sisters, fathers, sons, mothers, daughters. They were us!" Belas pointed at the army. "That is the final step! We bring them down, and Valkaria is ours! March with me, one final time, comrades!"

From the Ancient's side, the Deceiver watch from the opened door of the torturehouse, eager to see how the war would begin. For the moment, the noise that occupied the area came all from the stomping of the Ancient armies. Then, all at once, thousands of Pokemon cried out from the other side. This explosion of noise brought a deep grin to the Gengar's face. "So, the Alpha Alliance has come! Heeheehee!" He cackled, disappearing back into the torturehouse.

Together, the Alpha Alliance forces marched forward at the command of Belas, who charged with them. They would never be more determined than they were at this moment. They would never be more alive than they were at this moment. The Ancients too, at the command of Rector, also charged forward. The two sides raced across the plains at each other, ready to commence the action.

***​

Across the torturehouse, the Pokemon crossing the Lake of Lull had finally made their way to the other side, hammering at the Ancients positioned there, and proceeding onto the back of the armies, where plenty more Ancients awaited. Hazone touched onto the ground and let off the Gallade who he carried, and joined the rest of the aerial forces, while the two additional Gold Tribe forces joined alongside the armies after seeing the sights before them, including their long lost home.

On both fronts, the Alpha Alliance had collided with the Silver Tribe forces. The final battle for Valkaria had begun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back