• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anybody else think that Sinnoh was the best region?

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
I haven't played it yet, and somehow I already don't really like it. I'm not sure why. I really hate Lucas the hero, but Iunno, Dialga and Palkia aren't my favorites to say the least.
Maybe playing through it I'll change my mind.
One thing's for sure though- CYNTHIA'S HOT.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2013
I thought it was cool that the region was divided by Mt. Coronet. Platinum is probably my favorite game overall, and a lot of it has to do with how much I like the region. The Pokemon? Well, not my favorite, but not bad, either. But the region gets at least a second place in my book.

King Of Pokemon

Pokemon King
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
This is my favorite region by far, for one particular reason.
This is where I found my love for pokemon.
This was the first pokemon game I ever played and I loved it.
But that's not the only thing, something about the entire region as a whole, the pokemon were great, the towns beautiful, and of course, introduction of Wi-Fi and AD Hoc, ah the cave system, wherever did you go.
There was one bad thing however, and that was the gym's, they were either frustrating or unimaginative E.g. The fighting gym and the hearthome gym, I mean, maths, seriously Nintendo?

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
I wasn't impressed by Team Galactic's goals (really, just the goals of Cyrus) nor most of the latter layouts of Iron Island, the snowy routes, Mt. Coronet, and the after E4 island.
Those areas were often a chore to traverse and far less interesting than the earlier half of Sinnoh.
Perhaps the pacing was better in Platinum (haven't played it), but I don't quite like DP's pacing.

I'd place HGSS Johto-Kanto above Sinnoh, but not Johto alone nor Kanto without the Sevii Islands.
If Hoenn were remade, it'd probably be my favorite region.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Overall I guess I'd say Sinnoh is my favourite, though I think all of the games are worth playing. Sinnoh just felt like a grand adventure somehow, where the other games were a little more shallow. I also quite like the slow paced nature of the game, as it makes the whole game have a somewhat relaxed tone to it, and makes the game seem very large and expansive.

I also really like the Elite Four in Sinnoh, and Cynthia is a really cool character, and a great final boss fight.

Years
I liked the layout of the Sinnoh Region itself, but that's about it for the 4th Gen. For starters they ruined my favorite Pokemon Sneasel by having it evolve. The Forth Gen also had too many legendaries. I wasn't particularily fond of any of the starters either. But they did have some cool new Pokemon, too. Shinx for one.

I'd have to say my favorite Region was Johto for the obvious reason of introducing the Dark/Ice Weasle. But I liked playing in Kanto the most, because you got to be the original Pokemon Master Red.

I have to say in conclusion that I like all the Regions, they all have they're own thing going for 'em. And that's 8 Gyms.

PyroDragneer

Pokemon Trainer Pyro
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2022
Sinnoh and Hoenn were my two favourite regions because of the Epic storyline, Starters and pokemons we can found there as most of my favourite pokemons are from Sinnoh and Hoenn (ex. Infernape & Swampert)

Years
while its definately not my fav region, i wont deny that its a pretty good region. i liked its style, and the whole winter theme it had, which was something new. i think its definetely better than unova. unfortuantely it had too many annoying things, like the swamp mud (UGH) and the show, to get stuck in. and prof rowan always seemed really grouchy and unlikable. but most other aspects i really liked. im currently replaying diamond and im pretty sure im going to buy platinum today

Years
Yes I agree with you . I love Sinnoh region the most. It was all time my favourite even in the anime also. So Big and so well planned. Every thing of it makes me wish I lived there and travelled in it

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Well Sinnoh might not be the best for me since Kanto will always be the best region IMO but its on the 3rd place after Johto. I really liked the beginning when you got to choose your starter and Cynthia must be my favorite champion overall.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Just as a region - setting aside gameplay and pokemon and such - I'd say that Sinnoh is my second favorite, only behind Hoenn. It's close, and if it wasn't for Mt. Coronet, Sinnoh would probably be my favorite. But I cringe every time I have to go through there (and particularly that long, slow haul all the way up to Snowpoint). I like everything else about Sinnoh though - it's easily the most interesting and fun to explore region they've done yet.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Sinnoh was actually the very first region I played through. I've now played through every region. Based on the question asked, I will only talk about the Sinnoh region itself, and not the 4th generation as a whole.

What I didn't like about Sinnoh, when playing it for the first time in Diamond, was how a large number of the newly introduced pokemon could only be obtained through "dongling." Those who did not own a 3rd generation game for the GBA slot were severely limited in options, such as Ponyta being the only fire type catchable in the wild. Sure, Platinum fixed this with the expanded dex, but it felt like planned obsolescence.

I did not like Mt. Coronet. Compare to how much Hoenn forced you to go through water routes, I'd take those over having to constantly pass through the mountain's caves.

I loved much of the scenery such as Floarama and it's berry/accessory shop. I loved how the first gym was a rock-type gym, giving an easy introduction to Sinnoh's underground. I felt as though the gymleaders were a lot more interesting and integrated into their cities, such as Crasher Wake and the Great Marsh, Fantina and pokemon contests in Hearthome, etc.

I'm probably one of the few people who actually liked the region having 8 HMs. I felt as though with every gym badge, you got another tool to traversing the region. It never made sense how, in other regions, some gymleaders have the permission to give you access to using an HM, whereas others could not.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I think Kanto will always come before any other region, but otherwise I loved Sinnoh for the memorable places, verdant scenery and a lot of cool Pokemon. c: Not to mention the Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Cynthia! She was actually pretty tough, unlike in other games, where I just practically skip through without much effort.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
As much as I hate everything about this region, I still would rank it my second favorite. It's a love hate relationship. For one you have that cockblocker Mt. Coronet and then I found that most of the pokemon were boring, but maybe that's because I've played it a million friggn times. Yet, the story was great and it was my first Pokemon game. Yeah I didn't really get into it when everyone else did, I was sorta late to the party. But still, I owe it that. Especially Platinum, platinum was great. It combined everything that was good about D and P and put them together.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
Personally, I think it was a great region.
I mean, it had a little of everything.
Islands, Marshes,Volcanos,Swamps, even snow.
Being my second pokemon game I played, I was amazed by the variety of enviroments.

NaughtyBeaver

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 24
  • VA
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
1 - Sinnoh
2 - Unova
3 - Hoenn
4 - Johto
5 - Kanto
That is my region list. Going from best to worst IMO. But Sinnoh had the worst professor possible. And unlike many others. I like the rival in Sinnoh. And starters and the 2nd or third best. Team Rocket is way better then magma, galatic, aqua, plasma, etc etc. And All of X and Y sounds good. But Sinnoh is definetly the best, and worst in many ways.

Last edited:

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
It was the second best after Hoenn. Sinnoh was amazing though. I loved how diverse the region is, loved its pokemon, I had a love/hate relationship with Mt. Coronet, and the region had the best cities and towns. If there were more waterways and areas to dive, as in Hoenn, it'd be the best region.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Yes, Sinnoh is the best region in my eyes. My reasons are pretty much the same as LaVida's with a few additions. I think the Pokemon in Sinnoh are the best just because... well... I like all of the designs, simple as that. Also, it was the first region that I got to battle against a friend in :)

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Sinnoh was my first main-series game, so it does hold somewhat of a place in my heart. The Pokemon designs are just so damn terrible, though... but God, did I get a lot of hours of playtime out of Diamond. That was a great game. You know, I think I'm being too judgmental of Pokemon designs. That aside, I do like the towns even though I think they're nothing too special... I never care for the plots of main-series Pokemon games, and this one is no exception, honestly... but it was still a lot of fun, it introduced me to contests among other things. I like 4th gen quite a bit ^^

Back