• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rants of school

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
oh hoorah there are so many things to say about school
all you have to do is post them,AS MANY| AS YOU WANT:pink_boogie:
anyone thats got something to say about school can post nwhether you used to or are in school
HAVE FUN

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
I hate how you are sometimes forced to learn something you will never have any use for. E.g most things you are taught before you choose your subjects. An example of something that will be useless to my hopeful future as an endocrinologist is simultaneous equations. Who here can say they have ever used them?

Another example is French, which may be useful to some but I have no intentions of ever going to a French speaking country. I think kids who know what they want as a career should be able to choose their subjects earlier so they are learning things that will be both interesting and useful to them

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
My school is crap.

A boy got his hand slashed, and the guy who did it only got one week of suspension. No after school detentions either.
They were actually considering making all the girls have the same hair cut, and all the boys having the same haircut because they want us all to look the same. -___-;

Don't get me started on the students. They need to grow up and get over themselves.

Damn, I hate my school so much!

Zakarii

Pekachu Puhrity <3
Years
Everything in my school is so terrible, it's not even funny. Sit on the couches, you say: "These couches are so wellfare."
And don't even get me started on the teachers. They're either disturbing or retarded. One of teachers is a 46 year old man, and he has posters of kittens all over his walls.

Shem

Bored...
Years
Our lockers are alphabetically assigned, so I'm always stuck right next to the same girl who every morning finds it completely necissary to gather her friends in front of her locker and the other 4 lockers around her's, and then they have the audacity to glare at ME for interrupting their little circle when I go to put my bag in in my locker. My locker was there first!!!

Years
Everything in my school is so terrible, it's not even funny. Sit on the couches, you say: "These couches are so wellfare."
And don't even get me started on the teachers. They're either disturbing or retarded. One of teachers is a 46 year old man, and he has posters of kittens all over his walls.

We didn't even have couches lol. Arg Uni is so much better

Years
Clearly I'm the only person here who's even remotely happy with the school they're in. Evidence would suggest that grammar schools and selective schools in general work much better than the usual system. My only gripe with my school is that they couldn't organise a drinks party in a brewery, but it doesn't usually affect the teaching standards.

Years
They were actually considering making all the girls have the same hair cut, and all the boys having the same haircut because they want us all to look the same. -___-;
I have long hair and I did at school.
They tried to make me get my hair cut.
I said no, haha.

They put me in isolation for a day for me to think about it.
I got really angry and said that they were impairing my learning over the matter of hair length.
Still put me in there.
Called my parents and the next day, they didn't know what hit them! XDDDD
No one said anything to me after that.

My parents can be scary when they want too O_O

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
@the haircuts thing: WTFH!? Isn't that against the consti- Wait, what are the laws in Britan?

... this world is slowing becoming a dictatorship...

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
@the haircuts thing: WTFH!? Isn't that against the consti- Wait, what are the laws in Britan?

... this world is slowing becoming a dictatorship...
My school would break the law for their own enjoyment.
But I doubt they'd actually do it. My headmaster is alright, it's the Deputy-head that's the problem. She's leaving soon anyway so it's all good ;D

Except for the fact that my school is terrible.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Ugh... I could rant for a while about how flawed our current education system is (imo). I'll be brief though.
We had incompetent teachers who lacked any form of organisation at my school, which made attending the majority of lessons a complete waste of time. A lot of the time I wouldn't even bother going into school and when I did decide to attend, I would skip most lessons anyway. Of course I was the one in the wrong, so I was the one who was constantly harrased by teachers and 'education welfare officers' for my abysmal attendance.
The pupils I can deal with; when the teachers are idiots though, it just makes school entirely pointless.

Belong

somewhere out there
Years
Omg, dont get me started about school 0_0 i dont go to school for teachers to yell at me for not asking to go to the restroom. god, i got a lunch detention for that. and one time there was this txt going around that said that there will be a food fight on the last day of school and so that day An officer came and told us that there will be no food fight or he can march our little butts outa there. he even said that if we drop one little piece of food we will get fined. like wat the hell. it was amusing tho ^_^

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2011
Lol i have no clue what High school will be like, although i have a brother in Hs. Since i live in the great state of *****. I am taking football which Starts one month EARLIER then school. lol... i have to start geting on a regular schedule

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Haha.
I look back at school and see how badly the teaching system is.

I love University. :D
Man you can say that again. I laugh whenever I hear my friends say "I miss school", because I don't have any reason to miss it.

funnily enough, I'm studying teaching now.

Back