• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
Years
I'm having quite a bit of trouble compiling my script to my ROM. When I click the compile button, it should be written to the ROM, I'm pretty sure, but the script isn't written at all. But when this occurs, I would assume the game would freeze. The game doesn't freeze, it just plays the button click noise you normally hear when talkign to a person, so I'm inclined to belive the script is being compiled and I am merely typing my script wrong. Some help would be greatly appreciated ^-^!
I've had this problem in the past, and have solved it, but I cannot for the life of me quite remember how.
I'm using a FireRed ROM, and using XSE.

This is my script:
Spoiler:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm having quite a bit of trouble compiling my script to my ROM. When I click the compile button, it should be written to the ROM, I'm pretty sure, but the script isn't written at all. But when this occurs, I would assume the game would freeze. The game doesn't freeze, it just plays the button click noise you normally hear when talkign to a person, so I'm inclined to belive the script is being compiled and I am merely typing my script wrong. Some help would be greatly appreciated ^-^!
I've had this problem in the past, and have solved it, but I cannot for the life of me quite remember how.
I'm using a FireRed ROM, and using XSE.

This is my script:
Spoiler:

There isn't anything 'wrong' with your script that would stop it from working, but you could clean it up a bit and insert it in a far better offset. Hopefully it helps, but like I said, nothing in your script should be damaging enough to stop it from working.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000 // A far better offset to begin inserting scripts

#org @start
msgbox @1 0x[COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR] // Automatically uses the lock and faceplayer commands
cry 0x6 0x0
waitcry // The script will finish once the cry has ended
release
end

#org @1
= Lulululu!

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
Years
There isn't anything 'wrong' with your script that would stop it from working, but you could clean it up a bit and insert it in a far better offset. Hopefully it helps, but like I said, nothing in your script should be damaging enough to stop it from working.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000 // A far better offset to begin inserting scripts

#org @start
msgbox @1 0x[COLOR=red]2[/COLOR] // Automatically uses the lock and faceplayer commands
cry 0x6 0x0
waitcry // The script will finish once the cry has ended
release
end

#org @1
= Lulululu!

Thanks - but that still doesn't quite solve my problem. Now, I can hear the cry of the pokemon, but the textbox refuses to show.
Any ideas?
:)
Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Help needed

Ok guys I really need help here! First of all i am hacking firered. And use XSE scripter along with advance map and A-trainer. I make a trainer script. I'm almost sure that it is correct but when i talk to the trainer it doesn;t do anything! also i have one more major problem! there is grass near the trainer! when i encounter pokemon after the battle my character switches to the trainer! (i control the trainer istead of my character! Any help? Here is the script:
Spoiler:

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Ok guys I really need help here! First of all i am hacking firered. And use XSE scripter along with advance map and A-trainer. I make a trainer script. I'm almost sure that it is correct but when i talk to the trainer it doesn;t do anything! also i have one more major problem! there is grass near the trainer! when i encounter pokemon after the battle my character switches to the trainer! (i control the trainer istead of my character! Any help? Here is the script:
Spoiler:

Changes in BOLD
#org 0x804C00
lockall
checkflag 0x1003 (u need this so the script does not repeat)
if 0x0 goto @battle
if 0x1 goto @talk

#org @battle
trainerbattle 0x1 0x15F 0x0 0x8804C31 0x8804CBE 0x8804CE2
End

#org
0x8804CE2
givepokemon 0x2A 0xF 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x1003
fadescreen 0x0
fadedefault
releaseall
end

#org @talk
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x804C31
= You can't pass through me!\nUnless you defeat me!\pGuess what! I'm so sure that\nI'll win so if you win you can\ltake my Pokemon!\pLet's do it!

#org 0x804CBE
= No way! You can't take my Golbat!

#org 0x804CEC
= No way! Ok take this stupid pkmn!\pI don't want it anyway!\n I'll take my revenge\lFarewell........

this shud fix it. pm me if u need more help.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Totaldile, try adding a checksound command right before the cry one. Also, having the cry before the textbox helps (in which case, we do need a 0x6 textbox and lock/faceplayer).

Like this:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checksound
cry 0x6 0x0
waitcry
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1 = Lulululu!

Last edited:

AustinWolff

has left
Years
I have another scripting problem, this one includes the money commands.

I am using ruby and it is a script box script. The point is a guy walks up to you, gives you money, then walks away. however, here are the problems:

Spoiler:

Here is the script:

Spoiler:
!

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
Hey, I'm new to rom hacking, but I'm trying to make a hack based off of ruby.

In pokemon ruby, you go through the intro talking to the professor, tell him your name and everything, and then you end up in the truck heading towards your house.

With my hack, I'm wanting the player to wake up in their bed after the introduction, instead of getting off of the moving truck. How can I do this?

I tried deleting the script in the moving truck's map. This caused me to start outside of a house in Petalburg directly after the intro. Don't want that xD

TL;DR how do you change your starting location in the game?

Years
I have another scripting problem, this one includes the money commands.

I am using ruby and it is a script box script. The point is a guy walks up to you, gives you money, then walks away. however, here are the problems:

Spoiler:

Here is the script:

Spoiler:
!

I don't have the answer to your money issue as I haven't really used the command.
But I can solve your hidesprite.

To use hidesprite, you need to use the hidesprite command.
Your using setflag to hide the sprite which is only half the job. The setflag just makes sure the sprite stays hidden until you clear it.

This is what you want to use:
Code:
hidesprite 0xD3
setflag 0x[variable]
You also need to use HEX when writing scripts so instead of using 0x211, you need to turn that into HEX which is 0xD3.

XSE has a HEX calculator which can easily turn decimal numbers into HEX.

P.S I also noticed in your sig that you are wanting to learn about Level Scripts. I have a video tutorial on it if you would like to see it.

In pokemon ruby, you go through the intro talking to the professor, tell him your name and everything, and then you end up in the truck heading towards your house.

With my hack, I'm wanting the player to wake up in their bed after the introduction, instead of getting off of the moving truck. How can I do this?

I tried deleting the script in the moving truck's map. This caused me to start outside of a house in Petalburg directly after the intro. Don't want that xD

This is the main problem for all R/E/S hackers. There are programs out there that can change your starting location but they don't remove the truck sequence. Their are also ways of doing it via scripts but can be extremely buggy.
I have attempted it myself but with no luck.
Most hackers and hack players just ignore the truck sequence and pretend it never happens.

If you can ignore the entire truck sequence, then click here to download HackMew's SMCA (Start Map Chooser Advance)

Last edited:

AustinWolff

has left
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
Originally Posted by riotorange

This is the main problem for all R/E/S hackers. There are programs out there that can change your starting location but they don't remove the truck sequence. Their are also ways of doing it via scripts but can be extremely buggy.
I have attempted it myself but with no luck.
Most hackers and hack players just ignore the truck sequence and pretend it never happens.

If you can ignore the entire truck sequence, then click here to download HackMew's SMCA (Start Map Chooser Advance)

If you want to remove the truck scene use this tool:
www pokecommunity com/showthread.php?t=181369
(sry, can't post it properly cause i don't have 15 posts yet)
To choose the startmap, use SMCA or edit the truckmap.

Roboto-kun

is an Ace Trainer.
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2012
Ok, so I'm making a level script. Specifically in Professor Oak's lab. What happens is, there's a script, but it's not on the map. It warps the player to Professor Oak's lab. And that's where the script is supposed to start, right? So I got the script and the level script to work and all. But when the level script is supposed to be done, it repeats! Like, for example:

Blue: Lalalalalalal blah blah bleh, you know? Riiight? Lololrofloltrololol.
Player: ???
Blue: Take this Pokemon from the table. It's alright! Don't be shy!
-It's supposed to end here-

But instead.... it turns out like this:

-Repeats forever-

Help me? Here's my script btw:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
The script executes perfectly, unless the player decides to give their pokemon a nickname.
In that case, it calls the nickname script and comes up with a screen asking if I want
to give a nickname to question mark. Completing this results in the pokeball never disappearing,
and the real pokemon is not given a nickname.
Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The script executes perfectly, unless the player decides to give their pokemon a nickname.
In that case, it calls the nickname script and comes up with a screen asking if I want
to give a nickname to question mark. Completing this results in the pokeball never disappearing,
For some reason nicknaming pokemon with custom scripts always glitches up...
I'd suggest not using it for it can do some ugly things in the worst case...

AustinWolff

has left
Years
hello I'm trying to make a script where you cannot pass unless you have a certain pokemon. But I get stuck when I am transferring the buffer value to the setvar (have no idea what i just said) anyway here is what I have so far:

Spoiler:

any idea of where to go from there?

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I have a script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x6 0x0
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
= CHARIZARD: Raaarrgghh!

But when I compress it than XSE say that wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B not good is.
How can I fix this? Please help!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have a script:

Spoiler:

But when I compress it than XSE say that wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B not good is.
How can I fix this? Please help!

Try this...
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000  

#org @start 
lock 
faceplayer 
cry 0x6 0x0 
msgbox @1 0x6 
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B 
hidesprite lasttalked
fadescreen 0x0 
setflag 0x200 
release 
end  

#org @1 
= CHARIZARD: Raaarrgghh!
Also, just for safety of your hack, use the flags 1000 and above. 200 isn't really a safe flag to use, at least, in Ruby...

Some proof that it works...
Spoiler:

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Spoiler:

You told the game to "goto" the naming script so the return command doesn't function correctly. If you change the "goto" to "call," it should work. Also, the question mark glitch is caused by not initializing variable 0x8004 to the number of the pokemon that you want to nickname. Changes are in bold.

hello I'm trying to make a script where you cannot pass unless you have a certain pokemon. But I get stuck when I am transferring the buffer value to the setvar (have no idea what i just said) anyway here is what I have so far:

Spoiler:

any idea of where to go from there?

I'm not sure what you were hoping to accomplish here. The bold commands make the conditional completely useless because you set variable 0x4004 to 1 right before you compare it to 1. Therefore, the compare will always return true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back