• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a good cook?

Years
Despite being what I would consider a sub-par cook, I still end up making 30-40% of the meals that we have. I've found that my niche seems to be pasta dishes, which is good since that's my favorite food, anyways :D

When it comes to cooking other things that have long, complicated recipes, I usually tend to screw something up. I also am terrible at cooking meat (anything from steak to sausages to bacon), and if someone else doesn't help out with that, things tend to come out way over cooked.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I want to be a chef. Not too good at making meals.

My grandma is teaching me to cook Mexican meals. I managed to prepare Menudo with a few simple mistakes. Not Enough Salt, or Hot Chilies. I can also make other simple stuff, huevos rancheros, steak (as in carne asada), quesadillas and enchiladas.

Like a cat, I love sea food. I tend to prepare a lot of it, peel shrimp, open oysters/muscles/clams. I also learned how to properly clean - take out ink - and properly cook Squid (became my favorite sea food ingredient)

Currently I'm learning how to prepare Japanese dishes - such as Sushi, Dango, and Yakisoba. I'm terrible at it. First I have to learn how to prepare, clean, and cook the rice.

To answer the questions:

Do you know how to cook? - For certain meals yes, I'm still learning
Or do your parents cook your meals for you? - Most of the time my grandma cooks, most of my family doesn't know how to cook either. My uncle and mom add too much salt.
Can you make extravagant dishes? - not yet, I'm learning
Do you know how to bake? - Yes, most of the seafood I prepare is baked - if I cook on the stove I use too much oil
What are some of your favourite foods to make? - Squid stuffed with Seafood mix (oysters, shrimp, muscles, clam, octopus and salmon)
Are you a good cook? - NO, I'm always improving by learning from my mistakes

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm really not talented in the kitchen lol. The microwave is my friend and so is the toaster. Beyond that, I'm worse than useless.

I really have tried to be good at it though. Honestly, I have. I've watched Mum cook and I've tried to help her, but the furthest I ever got was the ability to chop vegetables for a salad that I won't eat because salad is gross :P

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
nope i suck at cooking
i only know how to make maggi noodles, tea and some Indian things that my mom taught me few months ago:P :P

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
"We're having hamburgers for breakfast?"
"D: Those are pancakes........."

Yeah. Please don't ask me to cook. You will be SORELY disappointed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I think I'm pretty good. I make my own recipes for dinner and things like that most of the time, instead of following ones I find online, and they turn out to be bangin' dishes. I don't really bake, though, but I know how!

Years
I do very well at work. At home? Eh. If I follow recipe I can make it out okay. Otherwise it's all crap. It's why I mainly deal with frozen food, despite it being very unhealthy for me. :(

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
Years
not yet but eventually i will because i have to travel and live alone for collage
but my mom is an amazing cook ( she cooks for my family every day ) and my sis is a grate chef ( she has manny certificates and award ) manny well know restaurants in where i live asked here to work for them but she refused cuz she's planing to make her own sweets and bakery shop :D

i like cinnamon :)
my sis always makes me sweets with cinnamon cuz she knows i like it so much :D

Years
I'd say I'm pretty all right. I don't cook too often so there hasn't been much improvement lately haha... but I'm a fast learner so it wouldn't be too hard to learn if I had the energy and motivation to cook more meals for myself. I prefer simpler things like just pasta or something since it's easy and doesn't take as long. >:

More complex things I almost never make, sadly.

Years
I like to think I am a alright cook and I will try anything at least once. I enjoy cooking, as it is just nice and you get a good satisfaction from cooking something lovely!​

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm the guy who cooks for my friends during our holidays so I consider myself a pretty decent one! In fact, I have a lot of fun cooking- only give me time and money to buy ingredients and you'll have me entertained for a couple hours. I blame my mom for keeping me in the kitchen while she cooked when I was younger.

No desserts or sweets though- just 'proper' meals.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I can;t cook to save my life unless it's just microwaving stuff. If I have to use the oven, better have fire and rescue at the ready. Seriously, restaurants cook up the best tasting food anyway, at least from my personal experience. Might have to do with the fact that my parents are mediocre cooks who are deluded into thinking they're better than they are :/

But in short, I'm not a good cook, nor do I aspire to be since there is the restaurant option available to me.

Years
If it can be done in the microwave, I can handle it. But other than that, I don't cook. My housemates usually do the cooking, though.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I can cook relatively simple things, but that's just because simple is all I'm likely to want. I mean, I'll never be a culinary genius, but that's because I don't have much appreciation for 'fine dining.' Like, I can cook you pasta or steam some vegetables for you and I can even bake, but it's nothing that someone with a cookbook and some patience can't do.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
If you count the microwave as cooking then I'm good at microwaving things. But if it doesn't count then no. I don't even know how to cook because I'm afraid of ovens.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh I love to cook! Give me a recipe and I'll totally make it, heck..I'll make it delicious. :D It's worth cooking rather than heating things up in microwave. It's much healthier and better that way.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm OK at cooking, but I should probably do it more than I do. My diet is heavily reliant on canteen food/take-away/restaurant stuff at the moment. On the rare chance I do get to cook something, it's normally nothing more complicated than a bacon sandwich. Which is a shame, as I used to cook a lot more when I lived with my parents: curries, pasta dishes, noodle dishes etc. My favourite dish was this chicken and spinach risotto that was just delicious and creamy. It took ages to make, so I didn't do it all that often, but when I did, it was so worth it! :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I am in training. ;-; My parents did most of the cooking. My dad is way better at cooking than my mom. He never really had the time to teach me, so I teach myself. I can make tacos. That's about it, besides making cereal or microwaving something. 8D;

Back