• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Google was NO HELP when I searched on there!!! which of the new Pokémon games do you catch Black Kyurem in??? I want to make sure I preordered the right game!!!

Calm down...

Anyway, Black 2 and White 2 are the only places where you can get Black Kyurem. As long as both Zekrom and Kyurem are on the team and you have the Gene Wedge, you can merge both into Black Kyurem.

To clarify, you can only get Zekrom and Black Kyurem in Black 2, but it's possible to trade Zekrom to White 2 and make Black Kyurem from there (or just trade Black Kyurem itself).

Sirfetch’d

I am hearing 2 stories. Will I be able to use Memory Link with 1 DS and Wi-Fi or will I need 2 DSs? Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2012
Can you get a Genesect in B2/W2 and then trade it to B/W and then make a new save file on the same B2/W2 cartridge to get two Genesect?

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2012
Also, just another quick question related to the same thing. How far into the game do you have to get to get/trade Genesect?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
B2 W2 memory.

Will getting Black 2 work with my white 1 Or should I get white 2. I really want to get the challenge mode from B2, but want to see the storyline as it continues. Thoughts?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Will getting Black 2 work with my white 1 Or should I get white 2. I really want to get the challenge mode from B2, but want to see the storyline as it continues. Thoughts?

Black 2 and White 2 both are compatible with the original Black/White. Black 2 is compatible with both Black/White and the same applies to White 2.

In terms of storyline, Black 2 continues where Black left off and White 2 continues where White left off. This is evidenced by the fact that N used Zekrom in the original Black and Reshiram in the original White to fight the player. In Black 2, N uses Zekrom to save the player from Ghetsis; in White 2, he uses Reshiram instead.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Can you get a Genesect in B2/W2 and then trade it to B/W and then make a new save file on the same B2/W2 cartridge to get two Genesect?

Also, just another quick question related to the same thing. How far into the game do you have to get to get/trade Genesect?

Can answer both at once XD

Yes you can so long as the Wonder Card gets deleted as well when you start a new game as that is what blocks you getting a new one. As for when you can trade, after the first Gym.

You don't get the C-gear until after the first gym so until then you cannot trade as you won't have the Pal-Pad until then either. So while you can get multiple Genesect...you'll have to sit there for a few hours to constantly do that.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Black 2 and White 2 both are compatible with the original Black/White. Black 2 is compatible with both Black/White and the same applies to White 2.

In terms of storyline, Black 2 continues where Black left off and White 2 continues where White left off. This is evidenced by the fact that N used Zekrom in the original Black and Reshiram in the original White to fight the player. In Black 2, N uses Zekrom to save the player from Ghetsis; in White 2, he uses Reshiram instead.

My jap 2's work with my 1's so yes they will work!!

Getting mixed results. I have white 1. If I get black 2, Will the storyline continue?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Getting mixed results. I have white 1. If I get black 2, Will the storyline continue?

The story continues regardless of what version you chose; the only differences between both Black 2 and White 2 are the dragon that N uses to save the player, the dragon that's fused to Kyurem, the version exclusives, Easy/Challenge Mode and Black City/White Forest.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
The story continues regardless of what version you chose; the only differences between both Black 2 and White 2 are the dragon that N uses to save the player, the dragon that's fused to Kyurem, the version exclusives, Easy/Challenge Mode and Black City/White Forest.

then challenge mode will be attached to Black correct?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
then challenge mode will be attached to Black correct?

Yes, that's right; Black 2 has Challenge Mode; White 2 has Easy Mode. If you want Easy Mode in Black 2, you must use Unova Link with a White 2 game that already beat the E4 the first time.

Years
So wait...

I just went on Bulbapedia's article for B/W2 and it said 1-4 Players Simutaneously what exactly does that mean? Does this mean B/W2 has Co-Op features (I doubt it) O_o

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So wait...

I just went on Bulbapedia's article for B/W2 and it said 1-4 Players Simutaneously what exactly does that mean? Does this mean B/W2 has Co-Op features (I doubt it) O_o

I'm assuming that up to 4 players can connect their B2/W2 games physically because in the original B/W, it's possible to battle against 3 other people in Multi-battle mode.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Hello, i just wanted to know if my calculations for EV training is correct.

I want to EV train my Scyther for this: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD

He has pokerus and will be holding a macho brace.
---

For HP, i have to fight 31 Stunfisks (2 EVs each)

For Attack, i have to fight 63 patrats (1 EV each)

For speed, i have to fight 1 Basculin.

Are my calculations correct for this? I am a first time EV trainer. And also, should I level my Scyther to a Scizor before ev training or does it not matter? Thanks in advance!

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
Years
Just a quick question! is pokemon black and white 2 still using the poketransfer to transfer pokemon from old gens?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hello, i just wanted to know if my calculations for EV training is correct.

I want to EV train my Scyther for this: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD

He has pokerus and will be holding a macho brace.
---

For HP, i have to fight 31 Stunfisks (2 EVs each)

For Attack, i have to fight 63 patrats (1 EV each)

For speed, i have to fight 1 Basculin.

Are my calculations correct for this? I am a first time EV trainer. And also, should I level my Scyther to a Scizor before ev training or does it not matter? Thanks in advance!
It might be a better idea to evolve Scyther into Scizor, since Scyther is weak to Stunfisk's Electric moves

Your EV calcs are correct, but you got the Speed and Special Defense abbreviations mixed up. "Spe" is used for Speed; "SpD" is used for Special Defense. And in that case, you'll have to fight 2 Frillish for your last 8 Special Defense EVs.

Just a quick question! is pokemon black and white 2 still using the poketransfer to transfer pokemon from old gens?

Yes, the Poke Transfer is still available in B2/W2. Like before, you must have the National Dex to access it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
It might be a better idea to evolve Scyther into Scizor, since Scyther is weak to Stunfisk's Electric moves

Oh, is that the only benefit then? I thought perhaps a pokemon gets better stats or something if they are leveled early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back