• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your IDEAL starter in FR/LG/R/S/E

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Hmm, I guess it could've been Trapinch, Bagon or Dratini. Even though Dratini wasn't from third It would've been cool having Dragon type starters :3
Too overpowered starters, of course, IMO.

I would of course prefer the usual fire-water-grass combo of starters, but eevee would be nice, considering it can evolve to many diffrent types, 5 (as of 3rd gen).

Years
I've always thought, when Silver and Gold came out at the time, that they should have changed the type of the starters, not doing all the time Grass/Fire/Water. If i could choose any pokémon, i would go for a Cubone.

blue

gucci
Years
I would have probably chose Spheal, the only place you can get one is at Shoal Cave which is too late into the game IMO.

Years
Leaf Green: Spearow, Nidoran (F), Vulpix, Venonat, Eevee, Goldeen or a baby poké like Magby, Azurill, Cleffa, Tyrogue

Emerald: Wurmple, Taillow or Electrike (or happy with Treecko!)

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Haha, well I would go with Pikachu, Minun or Eevee...I guess...Pikachu. Yeah, Pikachu, cause I want to be like Red :) If I would be a completely different person, I guess Eevee is going to be my choice. But if I'm going to be a ranger, Minun, no doubt about it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
I think it would be pretty cool to start with Clefairy. It's always been one of my favorite Pokémon, and if it weren't for some last minute changes, it would have been Ash's starter (Which means you would have had a Clefairy in Yellow Version.) Also, I like the whole thing about Clefable and Gengar.

Raczack

Gunslinger
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 27, 2015
Nidoran or Lileep would probably my ideal starters, but I'm not picky.

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
I'd choose Whismur as my starter, but my favorite starter is Bulbasaur, although I'm technically allergic to grass type because of my grass allergy.

...Dwebbles are nice, but isn't in these gens. Overall I'd like to start with Whismur AND Dwebble though. :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Either Pikachu, Ralts or Dratini. Pikachu, because we form an amazing duo together. Ralts for the awesome stats and speed. And Dratini, because Dragonite kicks butt!

Years
Mudkip for me, especially given it was my first and only female starter in any main playthrough of a Pokemon game.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Eevee or Omanyte. Espeon, Umbreon, Omastar carry me through games hahaha.

Clonehunter

Clones Be Wary
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2013
Even with a wide array to choose from, I think I'd still go with Treecko as a starter....

Or maybe Absol, because I really enjoy using him for, well, anything really.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'd go with one of the Regis in all honesty, even though they're legendaries they're not exactly overpowered now when compared to beasts such as Kyogre and Groudon.

Non legendary wise I'd go with either Zangoose or Seviper since they were personal favorites back when I was younger.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Back when FireRed and LeafGreen came out, I wanted Pikachu as my starter with the other three available down the line. Here's hoping Yellow is remade solely in Generation 7.

Shikai

Fight for the name of Pokemon
Years
Well I would go for zorua because once it reaches level 60 and is very friendly to you it is strong. I used it against Zekrom in B2 and the first time I used foul play and the second one was always a critical hit for me. I had to keep on redoing it until it wasn't a critical hit. This same thing happened with kyuerm.

I would get zorua. After you eveolve it and it reaches lvl 60 and is friendly to you it is very strong. Even against types that would not be so affective

Last edited:
Back