• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elite Four

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In these games you had the option of choosing the order of the E4, something no other game before now has had. Did this help you in your way to the top? How? Also, on another note, which E4 did you prefer (BW or B2W2), based upon strength, Pokemon design of room, and everything else you can think of??

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
It surely did help me out, as I could take out the Elite Four, using my decisions on who to beat first. I liked the B/W2 Elite Four since it improved on the already sensational E4 group, and made their rooms a lot better, with Caitlin coming out of that thing..

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
It indeed did help me. The only trouble I got was Marshal, but that was my fault. I made the mistake of letting his Conkeldurr spam Bulk Up just a couple of times and it swept through my near entire team. I was then left with my Sandslash (Rolla) and his Conkeldurr got into a dumb habit of spamming Bulk Up despite it now did NOTHING. I used that to my advantage and applied x6 X Defends and x6 X Attacks and swept the rest of his team with Earthquake. :D

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
It helped immensely. Essentially I had one particular Pokémon that handled most of the E4 in type-advantage. So I tested each of the Elite Four (This is in Black, by the way) and found out who was the weakest and worked my way up.

To answer the OP's question. Indeed... Indeed it did.

As I have not made it to the E4 in B2 yet. I have no opinion on which E4 members from either game I like more.

However, I have been spoiled by friends and they've told me that Iris (the bane of my existence) is the Champion? So with that in mind, I immediately hate the B2 E4.

Years
I loved the change, taking on the Elite Four in the same order always got boring so choosing who you fight first and so on was a change I wanted in the games. Also, as for which version I liked better I'd say Black 2 & White 2's because of the rooms looking better, I especially loved Caitlin and that giant rose. It was so beautiful!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
While it was neat that I got to battle the Unova Elite 4 in any order, I still battled them left-to-right because I was too lazy to decide who to take down first.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Even though I never played the prev. gen games, I like the idea of choosing which opponents you want to face. You can choose an opponent in order to 'practice' your Pokemon, and they will usually level up when you practice enough times, defeating the same Pokemon in the process. Also, most of the Pokemon would appear at the same level, which makes it a much fairer battle unlike the Sinnoh Elite Four. (The Bulbapedia article says that on the DP version it ranges from a Level 53 Dustox to a Level 63 Bronzong. ~_~)

Years
I loved the idea of being able to choose which Elite Four member that you wanted to face, however, them having only 4 Pokemon a piece (in the first battles, at least) was a little disappointing. I also wasn't a fan that their Pokemon had identical levels, as I'd grown to like the increasing challenge on the way to the Champion.

I've never actually battled them in any particular order, but I'll go to each room randomly and face whoever's there (which is convenient, since I always forget which room is which).

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I prefer the choosing the order of the battles it was a welcome change in my books. Only down side I found was the pokemon's levels were a little low compared to older leugues 4 pokemon.

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
I liked it. I went with the one I thought would be toughest against my specific team first, and worked my way backwards. And it went just the way I thought - I think I lost 2 pokemon on the first one, and none after that until Iris' Haxorus almost waxed my entire team.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
It wasn't easier by any means, but it was pretty cool. I liked the thought that I could choose who to battle first, and I think I prefer Chantaul over all of the Elite Four members. She's just wicked cool to me. <3

Back