• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
That's a very odd place for the lamppost to be illuminating. Lampposts in the real world shine light downwards, meaning the base of the lamppost is in the middle of circle of light. What you've apparently got are spotlights at an angle of about 45 degrees, pointing northwards.
I think the intended effect was to illuminate the air around the lights themselves, not the ground behind them.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
Fun fact: I didn't say that was how they worked, just that Maruno didn't see what seemed to be the intended effect.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Just felt like working on this for the hell of it.
capture003.png

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Just felt like working on this for the hell of it.
capture003.png

woah i didnt know of this idea... why havent yu been on msn anyways...

its a nice idea here is a suggestion, add menu icons instead of menu, for instance for pokemon have a little box with a pokeball, and for items have a box with a pic of the bag or maybe an item, ect...

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Hmm...that does look awfully familiar...

also funny how all this just happens to crop up as an idea right after I gave you my game...

I knew you would say that :) lol you started something... but i dont think you have to worry luka, i doubt he's gonna release it he's probably just practicing RGSS.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
My first Pokémon maps!

Alright, I started making some random pokemon maps using an old version of CNG's HGSS Kit.
The first one I call: 'Bulbasaur Shrine'. It's an open spot in a forest, where a bunch of bulbasaur, ivysaur and a venusaur live.
Spoiler:

In action:
Spoiler:

And the second one, I call: Random map of goodness.
Spoiler:

In action:
Spoiler:

I don't know who made the tiles of these, they were in CNG's HGSS kit, of which I can't find the credits.

I also made a video of my newest map. It's a village.

Credits: Calis Projects, minorthreat0987.
Spoiler:

Please give me some criticism on how I can improve my maps. I only make these to improve my Pokemon-map mapping =D They are not used in a project.

EDIT: Added another video, this one of the route after the village.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
@GAOliver

Maps look good, i would put more long grass. pokemon wandering around looks alright. im not really used to it, but it looks good- the krabbys and rattatas in the first video-i like.

The bellsprout and pidgeot looks out of place though.

@aquakip
looks pretty standard, nothing i can say to improve.

@ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™

Trees are a little too grey, but im not sure what's going on, so it might be intended. but the grass has colour. so whatever.

I think the What should be captialised.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
"What do you expect? You two have been gone for hours. Your mothers are worried about you two."

Is probably what it should say. It's extremely important for you to have proper grammar in your game, If not, it throws people off and you won't get much positive feedback.

Also.. "Emma" not "emma".

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023

Pebblegrove City.

Please try to ignore the event squares. :x

It's very nicely done. I've personally disliked the series' penchant for having towns made up of like three houses but in this map it doesn't bother me at all. There doesn't appear to be any obvious tile errors, but I do have two little gripes with the mapping.

In regards to the house on the right; I think it would be appropriate to move it one tile downwards, thus making the path below it only three tiles high and leaving you space to make the path above it straight (and also three tiles high).

I would also recommend moving the nearby gate house down two tiles, to where that tree below it is, or two tiles up and adding another tree where the gap is made. That way it either lines up with the middle of the three tile lower path or the middle of the vertical path immediately outside it.

Overall, good job. Cheers, Jim.

renekokkie

Dragon Trainer
Years
Heej
here two screens of my newest game:
pokemon________route_202_by_renekokkie-d4af1hb.png

Do you like it?
Or do you want to help?
pleasse say it

ツタージャ

Tsutarja - Snivy - Smugleaf
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
@renekokkie Looks good bud~!
But mapping needs a lil fixing, You will see at the left-hand side at Lucas and Dawn about the trees. So they will pass through the tree instead of jumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back