• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who would you vote for in the Presidential election?

who do you want for US president

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
This election I was not happy. A choice between Obama or Romney than bang 3rd party cantidate here the candidates highlights

To comply with the rules im showing highlights and cons of other candidates
Obama :Killed osama bin laden, Likability, well spoken, relations with foreign nations.
cons: Illegal Immigrants allowed citizenship easier, broken promises, bad economist, supports sopa,
Romney: Sees China as a threat/rival, Better Immigration laws, oil drilling
Cons: a robot that unrelatable, repeal Obama care,For Sopa, Changes stances rapidly
I'm bais here so little warning
Gary johnson: pros (Many people haven't heard of him here a video)

con Not known, lack of support, lack of media coverage, and doesnt view China as a threat/rival
Now who do you want as president now that you have information

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
While I don't love that this thread is a thinly veiled attempt to promote a Presidential candidate, I'll allow it to live because it's topical and very relevant right now. Since we don't allow 'this or that' polls, I'm going to edit the poll at the top of the page to be more inclusive and let everybody know right now that they're free to talk about any presidential candidate they like. But I'd also like to remind you that this is a poll, not a discussion.

With that out of the way, if I were American I'd vote Obama. I don't look at economical issues because I'm sure each candidate has people who are equally capable of screwing everything up. My vote goes with the social issues, and Obama and left-wing political parties are more consistent with how I believe America and the world should progress.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I only vote for Presidential Candidate Overlord Drakow. His platform (read: endless supply of super-soldiers) is very convincing.

Overall, Obama matches my own ideals, much like Shining Raichu here. I mean, both the candidates have equally crappy potential, but Obama should at least get a second chance to fix whatever Bush screwed up.

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't like politics either, but whatever.

I would let Obama go another four years, because obv four years isn't enough to fix about twenty years of screw-ups :P

Years
I'd go with Barack Obama, cos he's such an inspiring figure.

I'd love him to have another four-year term so he can fixed what Bush screwed up.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Not surprised that PC is full of Obama voters.

I see economy as the same thing that Andy does. It's in a President's best interest to do what's most likely to pick up the economy, and Obama has shown that he's not afraid to agree with Republicans if it's for the good of the country (or rather, agree with them to get them to shut up and budge an inch from their far right ideals). So of course Obama would try his absolute best to fix the economy, with help from both parties. The only thing that worries me is that these past four years, Obama has tried and has been blocked at every turn by Republican Tea Partiers that filibuster anything close to compromise because it's not exactly what they want, and then argue that Obama hasn't done anything. So then the economy doesn't pick up, because surprise surprise, the President is blocked at every turn by hyper-partisan politics!

In addition to all that, I'm not an economist and I've never even taken an Economics class. I don't know what Reaganomics is, I don't know the positive and negative effects of different policies, and I don't know how to tell what's good economic policy and what's not. So voting on that, I would basically be voting blind.

So I vote on social issues, where it's not necessarily in the candidate's best interest to be progressive on. The social policies of the Republican party in general and Romney/Ryan in particular are terrifying, and would have scary consequences if elected. So I want them as far from the White House as possible.

I took a political test that said that I am closest to Jill Stein politically but I feel that no third party group really has a chance in this election because it's especially partisan, so voting for one is really just taking a vote from Obama and making it a bit less likely that he'll win.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not much into politics, but I don't like Obama or Romney, the only choice was other. I had a choice I would vote for some one else, I wish there was a third party candidate.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm really bad with keeping up with politics @_@ like.. really terrible.. I never know what's going on.. but with the pros and cons you've given I'd probably go with Obama though.. but either way I can't vote.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Yeah you can call me the uninformed voter, or non-voter for that fact. First election after I turn 18 so I was like oh I should vote and stuff, but I honestly haven't learned anything about the candidates, so my vote would be pretty much be random.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Let's say I lived in America and I as a citizen and whatever, let's say that was all true. I would vote for Obama because quite simply, the other realistic option is far too terrible to imagine. I don't claim to understand the economy, because I understand 0% of it, but based purely on issues like gay marriage, abortion and the like, I'd vote for him because to me he is the best choice for America at this point in time.

I'll let Cher finish off this post for me:
cher.png

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
The debates wont really change anyones opinion. Most people are already set in who they will vote for.

Obama 2012.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Ignore my last post *deletes*.
I'm voting Jill Stein.

Back