• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast is your Internet connection?

Years
I have a sneaky suspicion that speedtest is lying to me...
2627968519.png

I don't think I've ever gotten faster than 2mb at uni, even when it decides to work.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
^^^ Thats allgoodz bro, fast downloading speeds is what people want, and 22.43 Megabits per second is quite fast indeed -if pinging a close server.

Try to ping like Auckland New Zealand, the speed, it will be way slower.

Rango

Show Me The Money Wide Load!
Years
I have a lovely download speed of 2.64 Mbps download, gaining a lovely D+.
Thanks Telstra!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
2635885140.png

This is kinda good for someone in Britain considering we have horrible internet in this country. That upload time is just awful though.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years

As you can see, the UK's upload speed is just terrible, but my download speed is fairly good. Now if I could have over 2 MB upload, then I could stream games with no issues. I guess I should be thankful that my internet download is really good for when I wish to download movies, games etc.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years

Welcome to Australia... the download speed is somewhat tolerable, but the upload speed's horrendous. It's much better than the Internet I had two years ago, however (0.25 upload, 0.27 download, ~270 ping) :/

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Look at how slow my computer is LOL.

2649041213.png

Well I'm only using a broadband that will explain this horrible speed. :3

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024

I'd say this is pretty decent. Though, not really a fan of Comcast, however, it is much better from when they were Adelphia Cable years ago.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
2650310372.png

2650329159.png

I live in Montreal.. How is my download slower here compared to Quebec City lol

Also, Wellington... not sure if New Zealand or Australia, since Speed Check kinda just randomly picked it.

2650331657.png

Not sure if FiOS is responsible for the minimal kbps loss here.

I pay75$/mo after tax for TV, Internet and home phone services with Bell. The bandwidth is unlimited, and you can boost the speed but it becomes too expensive! I can patiently sleep and wait overnight for stuff to download, and 5mbps is enough to play online without lag.

Canada's upload speeds are atrocious, though, and no provider seems to provide better upload mbps. Everything's stuck around 1mbps.

My dad is around 30mbps download, though, but he has a download cap.

Last edited:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I get 8-9 Mbps download speeds most of the time which is still slow when you copmpare it to today's internet speeds lol and a upload speed of 1Mbps but it's enough for me personally.

The package we're on is cheap anyay so I can't complain (£11.50 or something like that)

Back