• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could end someone's career...

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'd end the careers of Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and One Direction if I could. Choosing just one would be hard, but if I really have to, I'd say Justin Bieber.

His music is awful and it's all getting repetitive. All the songs he write are about girls and all these tweens worship him like he's a god or something and throw a fit at anyone who hates him one bit. They're annoying. Plus he's becoming a big tool as of lately doing all this controversial/negative stuff just for media attention.

Honors go to Nicki Minaj though. Her music is just as awful, in fact, it's even worse than Bieber's. She just puts the most random junk in her songs and none of them make no sense and are just obnoxious. Particularly I hate "Pound The Alarm" and "Stupid Hoe" the most. (particularly this part in Pound The Alarm is obnoxious and this part in Stupid Hoe. ) All of her songs are just awful and I wish the person who told her she had talent didn't exist.

Where'd you hear that from? I honestly hate how people make up theories of certain stars being Illuminati/NWO members cause of things they say/do and clothes they wear/other things. To me that makes no sense and unless the star states they're part of the Illuminati/NWO themselves , I don't buy it.

It's all over conspiracy theories websites that my wife likes to frequent. She's huge into it. I shouldn't have said it as fact. I just dislike them for being a part of big media and everything.
I don't want to know what horrid world you live in where the Kardashians are pop stars or a band, lol. But they're not music artists. Just people famous for one of them having a sex tape.

No but they're "famous" and their "careers" need to be ended now please.

Years
Can I just end America's music career? No, not the band America. I mean the collective music careers of America. I know there will be a lot of unintended and unfair casualties, but I think that in the end it's for the best that it be put out of its misery.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
A lot of votes for Justin Bieber, and although I'm not into his music either, I'd more importantly end Katy Perry's music career. Her voice is really quite annoying since that Firework song was released. I'd also want to stop Pink's career, especially after that awful Blow Me song which made me cringe.

Years
Eh, hard question for me to pick just one. There are a lot of pop artists that I can't stand. Even some rock bands.

Can I just end America's music career? No, not the band America. I mean the collective music careers of America. I know there will be a lot of unintended and unfair casualties, but I think that in the end it's for the best that it be put out of its misery.

You're not serious..? I know that there's a lot of bad music, but there's also a lot of good stuff still out there.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I think there would be too many to name, but there is a majority from the 2010's onward. However, here's 5 of them that I would end:
Nicki Minaj
Justin Bieber
1 Direction
Kings of Leon
Alicia Keys.

I've never liked any of their songs that they have come out with, and most of them are just annoying, especially Kings of Leon's "Sex on Fire" which is overplayed far too much and it gets on my nerves. Alicia Keys "this girl is on fire" irritated me because it was overplayed also, and because of Sarcasm, I've started to call it "this milk is expired".

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Oh man, every current pop star/pop group should have their career ended, especially One Direction. I can't stand them...... their music makes my ears bleed.... they're just another group famous for their looks.

Here's my list in no particular order:

One Direction
Justin Bieber
Rihanna
Miley Cyrus
Ke$ha
Britney Spears
P!nk
Kelly Clarkson
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Nicki Minaj
Beyoncé
Christina Aguilera
Pitbull
Taytay Swift
Justin Timberlake
Bruno Mars
Chris Brown
Adele
Lil Wayne

and might as well say every metal, rock, country, punk, alternative, and rap singer/band out there too.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Oh man, every current pop star/pop group should have their career ended, especially One Direction. I can't stand them...... their music makes my ears bleed.... they're just another group famous for their looks.

Aren't you apart of their fan club though? Or is that just to be ironic, haha.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If I may, I'mma use the term 'artist' in a broad sense and murder the bejeesus out of Adam Sandler's career. One of the least artistic, yet one of the most successful, artists working today, Sandler manages to make one feel stupider after having seen one of his films. The success of his filmography has led to copycats and a proliferation of his toxic worldview into popular culture. If I could euthanize it now, I certainly would.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
If I may, I'mma use the term 'artist' in a broad sense and murder the bejeesus out of Adam Sandler's career. One of the least artistic, yet one of the most successful, artists working today, Sandler manages to make one feel stupider after having seen one of his films. The success of his filmography has led to copycats and a proliferation of his toxic worldview into popular culture. If I could euthanize it now, I certainly would.
Oh god 1000 times yes. When I came into this thread I was thinking "I can't think of anyone I hate that much...", but after reading this post I'm convinced. I can't think of a single movie starring Adam Sandler that wouldn't have been made better by a 4 year old playing his role instead - he plays the intelligence of a gnat and the charisma of a toilet brush. I wouldn't want anyone's career to fail, but I certainly wouldn't mind him moving to another country to direct Bollywood films or someting. :p

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years

I would too.

He capitalized whatever critical support he got in the '00s in all the wrong ways.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I would put an end to 100% NL if I could!

In case you don't know it, 100% NL is a radio transmitter with terrible pop and rap music that gets far more love than it deserves!

Years
Any type of 'band' or 'artist' that pays someone else to write all the lyrics and music for the song for some talentless auto tune 'singer', AND, all it is, is; 'Yeah we're gonna party, all night, party, all night, and party, and party, and party *and que weak bass drop*' or anything along those un-original lines that talentless people get so famous for.. I'm not gonna get to into this topic because when I start I get very frustrated and can rage for hours;) haha. But, to name one, my most hated band is 1D, Lil' Waynes just amusing to make fun of. Hehe..

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Beiber

Justin Beiber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Even though I'm a huge fan of Justin Bieber, and I mean huge, I do think it's time to end his career. His image is absolutely ruined now. He isn't the good boy that got famous on YouTube anymore. He's a completely different person, and although I still love most of his songs, I don't think he should continue making music if he's doing things that're ruining his reputation. Especially with that Anne Frank comment. Ugh. Don't get me wrong here, though. I'm still a Belieber, but I think Justin should just say goodbye once and for all.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Every band that makes "music" by just screaming into the microphone.

Aaaand along with Darren Criss, he's got a lackluster voice and is a total attention seeker tbh and his acting his laughable. Britney Spears... now I'm a fan of Britney but I honestly think it's time to end her career; singing career at least. Pretty much everyone under the Young Money label except Nicki Minaj. Azealia Banks, whilst her music isn't awful she is one of the most disgusting people on this planet. Will.i.am, what does he even do except for badly rap?

(and to those saying Gaga, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj and P!nk shame on you tbh; those 4 artists genuinely have good music and know how to put their all into a song, they all have good, powerful, enjoyable voices too so idek what you're talking about tbh)

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
I think this thread resonantes a unanimous Justin Bieber. He used to be that annoying kid, now he's that annoying prick. Also his music basically encompasses everything I hate about mainstream pop music.

Also, Chris Brown. He's a despicable person.

(and to those saying Gaga, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj and P!nk shame on you tbh; those 4 artists genuinely have good music and know how to put their all into a song, they all have good, powerful, enjoyable voices too so idek what you're talking about tbh)

I actually don't like any of them, but I know what you're getting at; they've all made some absolutely terrible songs but their good songs are actually good, and I can respect that they can be good songwriters sometimes

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years

All pop music must be destroyed, I miss when real music with MEN and GUITARS existed!!!

The only people whose careers I actively want to end are Jessie J and Emeli Sandé. Their music isn't even that bad, but I just can't even deal with the way they've been forced down the public's throats. Popularity really doesn't get more manufactured than endless TV appearances (Emeli Sandé appeared 3 times at the Olympics... OK), endless airplay and every award they could get. Emeli in particular is annoying because she started out looking like someone who'd be interesting and then sank into bland adult contemporary to sell albums.

For all the hate of Justin Bieber, "his songs all sound the same" is a sweeping generalisation and an ignorant one at that. I'm not a fan at all but anyone with ears and an open mind should be able to tell there was a large sonic (if not lyrical) evolution between his first and second albums. At least make sure your criticisms are valid before you tear into someone, no matter how much you dislike him.

Years
Lady Gaga...though my ears are glad that her music isn't a frequent flyer on the radio-waves as it used to be. Please let Artpop be a dud so I can continue to be at peace. :p

Lady Gaga's new single:
http://youtu.be/ss_BmTGv43M

All pop music must be destroyed, I miss when real music with MEN and GUITARS existed!!!

The only people whose careers I actively want to end are Jessie J and Emeli Sandé. Their music isn't even that bad, but I just can't even deal with the way they've been forced down the public's throats. Popularity really doesn't get more manufactured than endless TV appearances (Emeli Sandé appeared 3 times at the Olympics... OK), endless airplay and every award they could get. Emeli in particular is annoying because she started out looking like someone who'd be interesting and then sank into bland adult contemporary to sell albums.

Jessie J is my number two for sure. Pricetag, epitomizes hypocrisy, though we can't blame her since she probably didn't write a single word of it.

Last edited:
Back