• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Garchomp or Flygon?

Meh, do I even have to ask this? Garchomp or Flygon?

• Garchomp

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Flygon

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
Years
I just fancy the design of Flygon way more than Garchomp. Add onto that Vibrava and Trapinch and it has a more ascetically pleasing evolution line in my opinion. I haven't used Garchomp as much as Flygon but i'm not to competitive with pokemon battle wise.

Years
Garchomp is underrated? It's been seen all over the Overused tier, or at least it was when it was first released. It's still considered overused due to its stats, moves, and abilities. Thing's an absolute beast in battles. Plus, its design is sleek.

Still, I like Flygon more. There are some personal reasons behind that, but I like the design. The big wings, the color choices, and its tiny little arms and claws. Adorable. Plus it was a drat handy card to have in a deck back when I used to play the TCG.

I should have mentioned that I meant underrated as far as its design. haha
Stats and competitive play usually aren't a major factor as to which pokemon I like. Generally, it seems like there are a good number of people that are a quick to call its design "ugly" when in fact it is one of the more beautiful dragon designs.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like both equally, but I like Garchomp slightly better because it hits harder and faster than Flygon. I also like the concept of a land shark.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Based on design, I like Flygon more, and it's actually my favorite dragon-type. I love the color green, and its opposite red goes well with it. It's shiny coloration was also very well done. I like it's striped body pattern. I love it's rhombus shaped wings, which is one of my favorite shapes, and reminds me of kites. I used to hate the way its eyes looked, but then I saw Ash riding one in the Jirachi movie, and saw that they were merely lenses.

In terms of battle, I usually enjoy using the pokemon in lower tiers, that aren't so overpowered against the rest. So my choice:

Spoiler:

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
My favorite is Flygon. When I first played Emerald I didn't expect Trapinch to look like that in the end so I was a bit surprised. Garchomp was one of my favorite Pokemon in D/P/Pt but I like Flygon's design better and it's one of the best looking Dragons in the game imo.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
In battle I'd prefer Garchomp, but Flygon has been one of my favourite Pokemon since I started playing RSE so I'll go with Flygon.

Years
Garchomp looks much cooler in my opinion, so that gets my vote. Flygon has more uniqueness to it, though, especially with unpredicted evolution from Trapinch, and it's difficult to say which one is exactly better.

Back