• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Who will be the protagonists?
I think the protagonists will stay the same as R/S/E, the Professor will be your main helper. I think that whichever version you chose, the type team will partially be on your side, or at least their wants will correlate most with yours until about the 7th gym when the Pokemon games typically pick up and go against the team's leader. What I mean by type team is if you pick Sapphire, you'll team up with Aqua for a little bit, and same with Ruby for Magma.
What role will Wally play?
I think Wally will play the same role as Hugo in B2W2 or Calem/Serena in XY, he will be your rival who you play against after several gyms, but will play a role in helping defeat the obstacles in your way. Considering how Pokemon games lately have had more interaction between the player and NPCs, I think he'll probably be seen a bit more. Probably have a small bit where he follows you, healing your Pokemon when you talk to him, my bet would be in the beginning when you help him capture the Ralts.
What roles do you think Juan, Wallace, and Steven will fill?
I'm ignoring the already-revealed fact that Steven is the Champion in this prediction. I believe that he will play the role of the support who later turns out to be the Champion, like Alder, Iris, and Diantha have been. I'm hoping after the game you'll be able to get the Beldum from him, like before.
Will there be any other League-related changes?
If they're trying to hold to Ruby and Sapphire, I believe that the types and characters won't change, exactly like what they did for Heartgold and Soulsilver. My guess will be that the Pokemon will stay the same for the first time around, maybe a few changes to the attacks, and Pokemon shown after gen 3 will turn up after you beat the Elite 4 the first time. I think the rematch will make them each have 6-Pokemon parties with several new ones included.
Will Scott make a return? If so, what as?
I believe Scott will make the same appearance in the first games, as an easy way to get the first BP before going to the Frontier. Just talk to him each time to get another BP.
What will Rayquaza's role in the story be?
Rayquaza, almost guaranteed, will hold the same role as stopping the battle between Kyogre and Groudon. They won't change the games that much, so my guess is they will have the new forms of Kyogre and Groudon battle, with amazing new graphics, and Rayquaza will come down, stop them somehow, then return to the sky until after you beat the Elite 4, and he becomes catchable.
Assume Kyogre and Groudon receive Mega Evolutions. What do you think
— their types / abilities / signature moves will be?
— their roles in the games will be?
— of their Megastones being the Red/Blue Orbs? Or will they be something else?

I think that Kyogre will gain the Dragon typing, as most legendaries have, while Groudon may gain the Fire typing. It'd make sense with each appearance, as Kyogre looks a lot more dragon-like, while Groudon has magma flowing in the cracks on its surface. I believe they will keep Drizzle/Drought, as that's the whole point of who they are. Before gen 5 with hidden abilities, those were signature abilities, makes no sense to get rid of their whole identity. Plus, if they got abilities that worked with the weather, the one that didn't mega would get the advantage, since it could just change the weather any time and ruin the other one entirely. As for roles, I think they will stay the same. Magma wants more land, Aqua wants more sea, the legendaries can help achieve this goal. The Mega stones being Red and Blue orbs would really make sense, since they're obtainable in-game. After the team leader gets beat, they return the stone. After the Elite 4, you go to the area, take the Orb, and battle the respective Legendary for the version. If you catch them, you can obtain the Orb. That's my prediction for what will happen.
What will the Version Exclusive Pokemon be?
I think Dou pokemon will be exclusives. Plusle/Minun, Growlithe/Vulpix, Scyther/Pinsir, things like that BEFORE the Elite 4. I think afterwards, stuff like Phantump/Gourgiest will become available in hordes. For Latias and Latios, they may make it so you can choose which one to go after, then once you catch it, you can find the mega stone from someone to talk to when it's in the party, give access to the mega at the same time, when it would make sense to.
Will Generation IV - VI Pokemon be available in the wild?
— If so, what Pokemon will be included/excluded?

I believe that Pokemon from later generations will be excluded until you beat the game for the first time, purely going for the storyline and feeling you're in an updated Hoenn region. Afterwards, they may do the Friend Safari with the Battle Frontier, or something similar, and include hordes for harder-to-catch Pokemon, maybe doing hidden abilities within the hordes. Here's hoping for Contrary Snivy!
What new Mega Evolutions will be introduced?
I'm excluding the revealed Sceptile, Swampert, and Diancie in this prediction, as that wouldn't be fair to include, despite the other starters being obvious. I'm guessing we'll probably get a Mega for some of the other starters from other generations, available after beating the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Mega Sableye or Tropius, as those were rather famous in the game. Considering Alakazam got a mega, my next prediction is Machamp to keep up the opposites. I'll also guess Rayquaza gets a mega, to keep up with Groudon and Kyogre. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the Hitmon evolutions a Mega, either. This isn't a part of my prediction, but just to ram the point home that it can change, there should be an Eevee mega evolution.
Where will the stones for the new Mega Evolutions be hidden?
I think they may modify the hidden forts they had in the first games. Make it so they sparkle during a certain time of the day, you go in, and there's a Mega Stone there, some depending on the version, others the same in both.
New areas to be introduced?
My guess is that they will keep the map like it was in the games, just with graphics improvements, a lot like what they did with Heartgold and Soulsilver. They only updated the areas, they didn't really include new areas.
Ideas for post-game content?
I think that the Battle Frontier will be kept, as a way to earn the items after beating the game, and the hordes will be introduced, a different Pokemon each day, a different route for each Pokemon. I think Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon will be available after the Elite 4, as well as the infamous Beldum from Stephen.

These are my predictions, and I mentioned everything that was currently revealed. Only 8 days to go until the huge reveal! Can't wait!

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Of course they still would be May and Brendan, a Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire won't be complete without them. Though, just like Pokemon X and Y, their looks can be customizable. There also might be different costumes that can be chosen with different themes [Kyogre Costume, Groudon Costume, Rayquaza Costume] etc.
EDIT: Since May and Brendan are already revealed as the protagonists, I won't edit this part anymore.

He'd still be one of your rival. Though this time he'd have a Mega Gardevoir and meet at you more frequently. Once you beat the Pokémon League, he will be at his house, and you can battle him once per day.

Steven would be the champion, but will be in touch with you. He will be the one who'll give you the Key Stones since he's a stone-lover. Wallace would be the a Gym Leader and Juan may have a cameo.
This time the Elite Four can be chosen in any order, and their Pokemon are ones from the Local Pokédex. They may have 4-6 Pokémon and the Elite Four may also be part of the Main Story.

Still, he's searching for a good trainer and as a part of the post-game adventure, he would lead you to the Battle Frontier. He will also check you day by day via the PokeNav.

Rayquaza will stop Kyogre and Groudon from battling [badass nostalgic 3D cutscene included.] and will be available later in the game. He'd also have a new form/Mega Evolution/whatever magic devolution thing Kyogre and Groudon both have. The strong energy emanating from the Hoenn Region might also attract Zygarde and help Rayquaza bring Order. We also might be studying a lot of Pokémon History.

Kyogre's Type would be Water and Ice, it's ability will be a straight rain condition. It would also be called "Typhoon" or any other catastrophe connected to rain. Groudon would be Ground/Fire Type and would cause a straight sunny condition called "Heat Wave" or any other catastrophe connected to Drought.

They would be awakened by the actions of Maxie [Omega Ruby] and Archie [Alpha Sapphire] and cause a battle in Sootopolis City.

They would be the Red/Blue Orbs. Though they would have brighter markings whenever they would be used.

Counterpart Pokemon, of course, like Volbeat/Illumise and etc. Though not the ones from far regions. Pokemon from far regions would appear later, after you defeat the Elite Four.

Yes.

Other very strong Pokémon from other regions will be excluded from the game

The starters and maybe Zangoose, Seviper, Milotic, Latios, Latias, Altaria, Metagross, Salamence, Flygon, Wailord, Relicanth, Jirachi, Camerupt, Buterfree, Ludicolo, and Sharpedo. It's different from the Mega Evolution, but there is a good chance that Regigigas, The Regi Trio and ancient Pokémon would also have Ancient Devolution [including Relicanth]

Just like X and Y, they'd be scattered throughout the region. Some are on stores, some are on places related to their types. [Fire Type Mega Evolution Stones may be at Lavaridge or Mt. Chimney]

Mega Evolution stones and Boutiques for customizable trainer looks. A destroyed building in the desert and a secret cavern in Mt. Chimney] Samiya may also appear and a lot of Anime-Only Places, like La Rousse City [Deoxys Movie] and Forina [Jirachi Movie]

Diancie and it's Mega Stone is hidden in Mt. Meteor and Hoopa's hiding in the destroyed building in Route 111 [The Desert]. Volcanion is awakened and causes mysterious phenomena in Mt. Chimney. There may also be a side-quest about the People of the Water and Samiya. The Pokemon Contests and Secret Bases also return. Aside from that. there may be movie events, like catching Deoxys, Jirachi and etc. Regi Trio sidequest and Battle Frontier.​

Last edited:

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Same as RS.
Same as Emerald.
If there's any new Pokemon introduced outside of evolutions introduced in Gen IV, then some of them may appear in the Elite Four's teams, but about all I would expect to see are adjusted movesets and levels.
A similar role to his role in Emerald if at all, which I could buy (and I fully expect either the Battle Frontier or a reasonable replacement to show up).
Though Rayquaza will be relegated to an optional boss, it will still have some sort of significance in the storyline as sort of a "mediator" between G and K. However, only one of the legendaries will show up per game and Rayquaza will not intervene even a little.
Okay, so, I imagine that those... Atom forms or whatever they were called... will stand in for mega evos, but aside from that:
-Types: Probably remaining basically the same.
-Abilities: If they don't change, they will acquire unique abilities, each of which will give one a significant advantage over the other, in a similar way to Drizzle/Drought.
-Signature moves: No change, barring the creation of completely new moves. These will not be contingent on Mega Evolution.
-Roles: G and K are dormant and the two teams think that exposing them to the right stone will awaken them and allow them to achieve their goal of MOAR LAND/MOAR WATER
Largely the same as R/S. Some 'mons outside the Hoenn Dex may be made version exclusive, and if they are, it'll be the usual stuff like "one gets Murkrow, the other gets Misdreavus". Anything added to the RS Hoenn dex from the E Hoenn dex will NOT be exclusive to either version.
Before completing the game, the only obtainable future pokemon are evolutions of 'mons that already exist in the Hoenn dex. I expect they will add those into the Hoenn dex and be fairly available, since I think they realized that not allowing Crobat to be usable until you got the National Dex in FRLG (or whatever it was, I recall something not working right about that in FRLG) was really, really stupid.
Anything that doesn't show up in X or Y in any method whatsoever is fair game if it's not in the Hoenn dex. I expect that we'll actually see a LOT of stuff like the gen 5 starters be available now that they've technically changed consoles. All Pokemon from fourth gen back were available using just fourth gen games, if I recall correctly. It took until HGSS for a lot of them to BECOME available, though, and I could see ORAS being similar for XY. Which probably means a metric crapload of post-game content simply for all of the legendaries.

Bare minimum, though: Dusknoir, Gallade, Froslass, Budew, Roserade, Rhyperior and Regigigas. Jury's still out on Magnezone and Probopass, as they didn't give them a place to evolve in HGSS. If you can get Sudowoodo the way you can in Emerald, you'll be able to get Bonsly. If Gligar is brought over, Gliscor will be added, too.
What new Mega Evolutions will be introduced? - Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert Confirmed 6/7/2014
I'm not expecting anything new that isn't introduced to XY at the same time/just before. That and there are a good number of Hoenn Mega Evos already. Also, Mega Lati@s will be released at about the time ORAS comes out.
You'll get Sceptilite and Swampertite in a fairly early-game location, about halfway between the start of the game and the Mega Ring. Lati@site will be held by the respective legendaries and may be explained away as being crystallized Soul Dew, which is why Soul Dew is, as far as I know, not available in XY.
Several, but mostly small, out-of-the-way places where you can find either non-Hoenndex Pokemon or singular legendaries. At the bare minimum there absolutely will be a special location for Regigigas which requires having all of the Regis (optionally: in your party) to open.
Mostly similar to what exists already.Possibly some expansions to account for how many more species there are, hopefully new Battle Frontier content to take advantage of the new battle modes, and I'd probably put down actual money on there being something Regigigas related.

TheGinger63

PKMN Trainer
Years
Hopefully Wally will have a more developed role than last time. Maybe he could be a more constant rival instead of having two battles. And maybe he could help take down the enemy team (imagine a double battle on the top of mt chimney: PC and Wally vs Maxie and Tabitha/Archie and Matt)

Juan-Contest master. He could be one of the NPCs in the master rank contests. And he greets you after the first contest, noticing how well of a show you and your pokemon put on. He then wishes you luck and hopes he can compete with you later on.

Wallace-Same role as r/s. Gym leader of Sootopolis and explains background on the mascot and Cave of Origins. Possibly an expanded role in beating the enemy team.

Steven-Champion of the E4. Also trying to unlock the secret of mega evolution. Perhaps we will see more appearances from him as he discovers new pieces of information.

I imagine we will be able to battle whichever E4 member in any order we wish now. That seemed to be popular with the new games. Definitely some aesthetic changes to the rooms and probably the Leaders appearance as well. And finally, depending if the pokedex is expanded or not, a new team for the E4 (2 bannette, 2 dusclops, and a sableye isnt exactly a challenge Phoebe!!)

It would be stupid for the Battle Frontier to not return, so Scott will reprise his role from Emerald.

I believe Rayquaza's role will be the same as Emerald; stopping Kyogre and Groudon (seeing as we will see that battle return). After Rayquaza calms the Legends, your mascot will be battleable and the other will disappear (maybe available post game in their Emerald locations?) and Rayquaza will return to Sky Pillar awaiting you after the E4

Ancient Devolution is confirmed and we will be seeing a primal version of the mascots. I dont see the typing changing. Unless Groudon picks up a Fire typing.
Perhaps their new forms will have an ability stronger than drought/drizzle that will make the rain/sun permanent in battle.
Signature moves, maybe a fire/water type ancient power? seeing as they are devolving to an ancient form

Maybe we will hear of them earlier in the game so that the "ancient devolution" can be explained

I think it would be cool that the megastones are actually the orbs. But maybe we will end up with a groudonite/kyogreite :/ Or maybe itll be something entirely different to go with the Devolution

The mascots, maybe there will be other version exclusive Legends (Dialga/Palkia, Zekrom/Reshirem)
and i think the version exclusives from the original games will stay true (Zangoose/Seviper, Seedot/Lotad, ect)

Hopefully we will have some evolutions pre-national dex. but for right now id say we wont have any wild pokemon from other generations until the national dex is obtained.

Mega Swampert, Sceptile, Diancie, and primal kyorge, groudon already confirmed.
Hopefully they will give Salamence, Metagross, Sableye, Dusknoir, Sharpedo, Walrein, Galelie, and/or Frosslass megas as well

I imagine there will be a lot of dive spots for the stones. Maybe in caves. or as obvious as in towns. similar to what they did with X/Y, but Steven helping with the hunt.

I dont really see the need for new areas. Maybe the Sevii Islands could make a return. Maybe a super secret base spot that allows for more items than the typical spot. Maybe some new areas for other Legends.

Hopefully the battle frontier returns with a revamp. NOT JUST THE BATTLE TOWER ><

Maybe a side story of the admins of the teams not willing to part with their objectives and you have to stop Courtney, Tabitha, Shelley, AND Matt (yes BOTH teams for the expanded story :D )

Wally challenging you for the respect of Rayquaza (which you ultimately end up winning) and then you have the opportunity to catch it.

Regigigas hidden chamber is a must considering this is where the other Regis are.

Something that involves Jirachi and Deoxys please!! Actually have them as in game legends rather than events.

Maybe a PR studio opening up to showcase the new Champion of Hoenn?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Great idea for the contest; thanks for fueling the OR/AS hype train! Sigh..of course I would miss 2 of the easiest questions regarding protagonists and Mega Evolutions. T_T {XD} Still, better get started with something; I can't neglect my favorite region!

So, NORMALSUPERHYPERMASTER POST GOOOOOO!!

Who will be the protagonists? - Confirmed Brendan and May 6/7/2014
What role will Wally play? Rival, with a greater presence during the game
--Steven: Mega Evolution enthusiast/teacher; assists against villainous team (Team Magma, preferably) at Mossdeep Space Center; Hoenn Champion (pre-Hall of Fame Debut)
--Wallace: Sootopolis Gym Leader (pre-Hall of Fame debut); Hoenn Champion (post-Hall of Fame Debut and all subsequent rematches); Lilycove City/Master Rank Contest Coordinator participant; may show up for a battle at Abandoned Ship/SS Cactus
--Juan: Sootopolis Gym Leader (for all Sootopolis Gym rematches; replaces Wallace when he becomes Champion)
Will there be any other League-related changes? Elite Four Trainer roster remains the same. You can select which order you face. Elite Four Sidney gains a Mega Absol, gains a Sharpedo and Crawdaunt for rematches. Elite Four Phoebe replaces a Dusclops with Dusknoir and may use a Mega Banette; Elite Four Glacia replaces a Glalie with Froslass; Champion Wallace may use a Mega Gyarados; Gym Leader Juan may incorporate a Gastrodon into his team (as it was a Pokemon originally designed for the Hoenn region)
Will Scott make a return? If so, what as? Yes, continues to scout for Trainers for the Battle Frontier, similar to his Emerald capacity. Possibly makes offhand remarks about Mega Evolution, briefly analyzing the player's bond with his/her Pokemon.
What will Rayquaza's role in the story be? Mediator of the Superancient Pokemon, as in Emerald.
Assume Kyogre and Groudon receive Mega Evolutions. (Confirmed Ancient Devolutions 6/7/2014) What do you think
Types: Ground and Water (first choice); Ground/Fire and Water/Ice (second choice)
Abilities: "Drought + Heat Rock" for Groudon, "Drizzle + Damp Rock" for Kyogre. Both Abilities induce harsh sunlight and rain and last for 8 turns maximum, respectively.
Mega Stones: The Red Orb and the Blue Orb, although likely under a different name.
What will the Version Exclusive Pokemon be? Ruby/Sapphire layout, with some new Pokemon added to exclusivity lists
Will Generation IV - VI Pokemon be available in the wild? Yes, likely in Safari Zone expansions or new areas/islands.
What new Mega Evolutions will be introduced? - Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert Confirmed 6/7/2014
Mega Salamence (being a "pseudo-legendary"), Mega Metagross (being a "pseudo-legendary" and Steven's signature Pokemon), Mega Sableye (to counterpart Mega Mawile), Mega Gallade (to counterpart Mega Gardevoir), Mega Milotic (to counterpart Mega Gyarados and being Wallace's signature Pokemon).
--Manectrite: hidden in New Mauville.
--Mega Stones for Blaziken/Swampert/Sceptile: Steven Stone gives the player the corresponding Mega Stone for the player's original Hoenn starter Pokemon at some point during the journey (possibly at the Route 120 bridge after the Kecleon battle, or after the Weather Trio crisis has been resolved at the Cave of Origin). A random NPC, possibly the Shard Hunter west of Mossdeep City, may offer the other unchosen 2 Mega Stones for sale during the post-game, in return for a certain combination of shards, some Battle Points, or plain old Poke Dollars/pocket money.
-Reveal Glass available in Scorched Slab.
-Hoenn's Altering Cave has functionality similar to the Friend Safari(s) of Kalos.
-Emerald Battle Frontier in full 3D glory!
-Trainer Hill modified to have Kalos's Battle Chateau functionality.

-Legendary Dogs may roam Hoenn at one point (due to their beta battle theme originally being present in the games' coding, and being similar yet different from Kanto's Legendary Birds. Also, they are rather rare/difficult to obtain compared to some other legends, being relegated to HeartGold/SoulSilver. As the burnt Tower's demise that spurred their creation was from a weather event, it seems fitting that they would scurry across the Hoenn region, with its wild weather and weather-related Pokemon/Pokemon legends).
-Johto starter Pokemon (a choice of 1 of the 3: Cyndaquil/Totodile/Chikorita) will be made available upon completing the Hoenn Dex.
-Shiny Charm will be made available upon completing National Dex.
-After Maxie and Archie return the Orbs at Mt. Pyre, Team Magma and Team Aqua costumes will be made available at boutiques.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
Of course, I would miss the easiest questions about the protagonists, the obvious Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert, and the Ground/Fire Groudon, cause that's such a shocker too. >_> Oh well, decided I'd finally enter because, with the games being released on my birthday, it'd be a nice present. {XD}

Wally will largely fill the same role as he did in the original R/S plot, as the main rival. My guess is that he is also interested in Mega Evolution, and that he will most likely have a Mega Gardevoir at some point later in the plot, or, if not, at least a new Mega like Mega Altaria, Mega Delcatty, or Mega Gallade, although all less likely. I also think he'll show up more often than the original series, since you only battle him twice pre-E4 in R/S/E iirc, which is an abysmal number of battles against a rival.

To me, it makes the most sense for Juan to be the 8th Gym Leader, Wallace to be the Champion, and Steven to be the former champion and wanderer, as well as the person that pops in occasionally to help the protagonist along the way, including stopping Team Aqua/Magma and a double battle against their admins in Mossdeep City, as he tries to discover the mysteries of Mega Evolution. Steven will also give the player the Mega stone that corresponds with their chosen starter, either at Devon Corp or after the encounter with Kecleon at Route 120. Otherwise, if Wally were the 8th Gym Leader and Steven the Champion, Juan is a character that would have to show up somewhere as a featured resident of Sootopolis, but I feel that would be awkward and nowhere near as likely. There's a good chance that Wallace will have a Mega Milotic as the Champion. Post-game, Steven will give the player a challenge to find Mega Stones across the region and could give a reward for finding them, probably a Beldum if so. Steven will also probably be battleable after the Elite Four like he was in Emerald. In this case, his team would feature Mega Charizard X because I don't think there will be a Mega Metagross, but if there is, it will be his Mega.

Nope, the Gym Leaders will remain the same as they were in Emerald, just with revamped Gyms and updated teams/movesets. Also, the Elite Four will be conducted the same way as it was in the original series, having to challenge them in order.

Scott will return as the same crazy guy that introduces you to the Battle Frontier once you prove yourself worthy to him by becoming the Champion.

Similar to its role in Emerald, Rayquaza will come out once Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon are unleashed to qualm the weather war at its climax. It wouldn't surprise me if Rayquaza also had a Primal Form that is unleashed if it at first fails to stop Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon in its normal state. In fact, this will probably be what happens. If this happens, the Jade Orb is likely be given to the player earlier in the story as a gift and triggered right before Rayquaza is going to be defeated, unleashing Primal Rayquaza who finally qualm the other 2 Primal Legendaries of the Weather Trio. It's possible that after separating the two, the player will be forced to battle and maybe capture Primal Kyogre (in AS) or Primal Groudon (in OR) for some reason, such as that one of them is still out of control or something like that.

Assume Kyogre and Groudon receive Mega Evolutions. (Confirmed Ancient Devolutions 6/7/2014) What do you think
— their types (Fire/Ground Groudon Confirmed 6/10/14) / abilities / signature moves will be?
Primal Groudon is confirmed to be retyped, but Kyogre will likely remain a pure Water Pokémon. Their abilities will either remain the same, or be a buffed version of their ability, like permanent rain or permanent sun. As for a new signature move; they already have Water Spout and Eruption, which were kind of designed for them, but it's certainly possible, with Groudon's being related to land manipulation, and Kyogre's related to water manipulation.

Same as the regular Kyogre and Groudon in Emerald. They will fight for a bit and then their Primal Forms will be unleashed to escalate the degree of the disaster to a whole new level of devastation that threatens Hoenn and proves to be a major problem for Rayquaza.

The Red/Blue Orbs will be the objects that trigger their Ancient Devolution, after Team Aqua/Magma unlock the orbs' power, whether intentionally or accidentally, and cause Kyogre and Groudon to "devolve" to their Primal Forms and go berserk.

Version exclusives will be the same as they were in the original R/S, like Seedot/Lotad and Zangoose/Seviper. Post-game, some, but not all, of the Pokémon not native to Kalos that appear in the games will be split as version exclusives to AS/OR.

Post-game only. However, evolutions of Gen 3 Pokémon created in Gen 4, like Froslass and Gallade will be obtainable before the National Pokédex is received.

Save for a few legendary Pokémon that will be featured as events later, basically all Pokémon not native to Kalos, the ones missing from the Kalos Regional Dex, along with some that overlap, like Pikachu, for the sake of completion and to avoid discontinuity and a weird Pokédex. This way, you can interact between the games to obtain all Pokémon solely within the 3DS games.

Besides the confirmed starters, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Latias, Latios, Sableye, Delcatty, Tropius, Milotic, Salamence, Machamp and maybe Lunatone, Solrock, Gallade, Walrein, and Metagross (makes sense with Steven but I doubt it). A counterpart pair not from Gen 3, especially Skarmory/Mantine, isn't very likely I'd say, but potential candidates because similar Pokémon duos have received one. Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt will be used by Archie and Maxie, respectively.

Meteor Falls is a good location, especially for Lunatonite and Solrockite (which could also be in Mossdeep City), or Salamencite. A likely spot for the Sharpedite is on the Abondoned Ship, and Cameruptite would probably be on Mt. Chimney. Sableyite (Sablite?), along with Mawilite, could be found in Mineral Cave, or maybe the Cave of Origin because Sableye or Mawile can be found there. Tropiusite would probably be hidden down the river with waterfalls that runs through Route 119, the one right before Fortree City. Milotic's would probably be hidden with a waterfall, underwater in a small cavern or cove, or given by Wallace as a Feebas holding it in the post-game after he is defeated. Walrein should be in Shoal Cave, Metagrosite would be the hold item of a Beldum that Steven gives you, and Galladite could have something to do with Wally, maybe as a gift. The others would be scattered out across the region in random routes and locations relative to the Pokémon's typing. Sharpedite, Lunatonite, and Sableyite should be Alpha Sapphire-exclusive, while Cameruptite, Mawilite, and Solrockite would be exclusive to Omega Ruby. The Lati twins' stones are also exclusive and obtainable with a special post-game event or either later via Mystery Gift.

A new chamber or area where Regigigas can be found, areas originally exlusive to Emerald, like Mirage Island, Trainer Hill and the Battle Frontier, and the most likely brand-new location, the islands off to the southeast, south of Sootopolis City, may finally be accessible and have a purpose.

The Legendary golems, the Regi's, can still be caught with the crazy tricks involving reading Braille like before, or maybe using Unown language this time. Once caught, there will be probably be a new event where Regigigas can be encountered in a new chamber or location where it is sealed away, by having all 3 Regi's together in your party. This is so obvious it's stupid.

A revamped and redesigned Battle Frontier, complete in an awesome 3D look.

Ability to climb the Sky Pillar to encounter Rayquaza.

Legendary dogs encounter, probably roaming

Latias/Latios roam the region, depending on which game

Lugia and Ho-Oh, possibly version-exclusive, by having all 3 legendary birds and dogs, respectively

New Pokémon in the Safari Zone post-game, like in Emerald

More developed, updated concept of Trainer Hill

~Fini~

I may edit later if I can think of anything else, but I'm tired of thinking for now. >.>

EDIT: Forgot to mention that with Dive's return (of course it will), a Lugia encounter or a special new event/item may be featured underwater. Either Lunatone/Solrock or Zangoose/Seviper will receive Megas, I'm sure of it, but probably not both, with Zangoose/Seviper being more likely. Assuming they receive new ones, Groudon's signature move should be Ground type, with a name like Upheaval orGeo Rend/Earth Rend, and Kyogre's being a Water type move with a name such as Aqua Burst, Sea's Fury, or Tidal Wave. I also completely forgot about Diancite, which I think will be a major side quest/subplot after the game to find it, with Steven Stone being directly involved by introducing the quest and giving details of Diancie and its Mega Stone and its relationship with Hoenn.
That should be it now, but I make no promises. At least I've already called 1 thing correctly, haha. ^^

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Rival, will help in discovering purpose of mega stones.

Wallace will be Sootopolis gym leader, Steven will be the champion as well as assisting in the exploration of mega stones, Juan will be part of the elite four.

Juan will take Glacia's spot in the elite 4, Pheobe will be a fairy type leauge member, along with Steven being champion again.

Yes, still as owner of the battle frontier.

Calming Groudon and Kyogre. Will be a mission to find Rayquaza's devolution to stop Groudon and Kyogre.

— their types (Fire/Ground Groudon Confirmed 6/10/14) / abilities / signature moves will be?
Primal Kyogre will have Downpour as it's ability, which makes permanent rain. Primal Groudon will have Scorch which makes permanent sun. Neither will have new signature moves.

Same as Ruby/Sapphire, the antagonists will use them to expand their respective elements.

The Red/Blue orbs will be their megastones.

Same as originals, with the addition of some gen 4-6 exclusives.

Yes, no idea, will just be a large mixture of them in a custom dex.

What new Mega Evolutions will be introduced? - Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Diancie Confirmed 6/7/2014
Mega Ludicolo and Shiftry, Mega Zangoose and Seviper, Primal Rayquaza, Mega Salamence, Mega Scrafty, Mega Zoroark, Mega Hydreigon, Mega Stunfisk

Different places, underwater, in the crashed boat, at Mt. Chimney, Cave of Origin

Island where a friend safari will be located.

Friend Safari, Battle Chateau, finding stones for primal Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, Deoxys side story, finding Mirage Island, expanded Trick House

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
Rival surely. I bet he may get a Mega Gardevoir or a Mega Gallade(if announced)

Wallace - Sootopolis gym leader or Champion as in Emerald
Juan - Sootopolis Gym Leader as in Emerald or maybe a Contest Master
Steven Stone - Champion or Former Champion he will be assisting with Mega Stones. I bet upon a Mega Metagross for him.

Fairy Type member might be introduced

He will own Battle Frontier and may play a part in Mega Evolution story

Calming Groudon and Kyogre. I am expecting 2 version specific Mega evoutions for this guy. Also I am thinking the Jade Orb might play some role too.

Primal Kyogre will have Water attack/defense boosting ability.
Primal Groudon will have Ground/Fire attack/defense boosting capability
Quite the same as Ruby/Sapphire but their Ancient Forms are going to play a much bigger role.

There is a high chance it might be something else.

OFC it will be same as originals, with the addition of some gen 4-6 exclusives in a manner we are familiar with

I think a mix of gen 1-3 will be available as in the original games with other gens coming after post game.

What new Mega Evolutions will be introduced? - Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Diancie Confirmed 6/7/2014
Milotic, Rayquaza (2 version specific forms) ,Metagross, Salamence, Dragonite, Mega Legendaries from gen 1-2

Assuming Dive becomes an HM again I expect them to be in underwater, the abandoned ships & other hidden underwater areas. On the land side they may be found on Mount Pyre as well ason Mount Chimney.

Going by the new Hoenn Map, I would say a few new islands adding to the Mega Evolution story can be a possibility.

Getting all the legendaries known till date(excluding event ones)adding to the Mega Stones plot

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I think he will be the same; Albeit having a Mega Gardevoir by Victory Road, maybe?

Juan will be the Gym Leader, Wallace the Champion and Steven will be a wandering trainer in search of stones as well as researching into Mega Evolution in Hoenn.

Based on previous re-makes, no.

Still walking around searching for talents?

Quelling the fight again hopefully.
I can't wait to see him flying down in 3D!

Eternal sunshine and rain for as long as the battle commence as abilities, signature moves? Hmm, probably related to fire and water, obviously.

Expansion of the lands and seas as usual. I am so unoriginal. Probably more life threatening since they're double their current size.

And Jade Orb for Rayquaza if he gets a Ancient Devolution too.

As per Ruby and Sapphire; Zangoose and Seviper, Seedot and Lotad, Mawile and Sableye.

Yes, Abra should be still in the game?

... Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Diancie Confirmed 6/7/2014, Mega Sableye Confirmed 6/11/2014

In Pokemon Special Manga, Maxie has a Camerupt and Archie has a Walrein. I hope to see Mega Evolution on them if possible.

Caves, Victory Road etc.

I wonder if a small portal to the Sinnoh region would be introduced, probably the Distortion World messed up and all? it'll be a cool add on you know.

Friend Safari, Gym leaders and Elite 4 rematches, probably something like the one in HGSS where you can battle certain members per day.

Years
What role will Wally play? Probably be champion.
What roles do you think Juan, Wallace, and Steven will fill? Wallace or Juan will probably be one of the gym leaders while one of them will probably help you out with the game's plot, along with Steven. Steven has a mega ring. I think he will either help out uncovering the story of mega 'Mon or the ancient devolutions (Primal Groudon/Kyogre.)
Will there be any other League-related changes? Order to choose which person you want to fight. (Just like Black and White and above.)
Will Scott make a return? If so, what as? Hope there is a Battle Frontier. ;)
What will Rayquaza's role in the story be? To stop the fight between Groudon and Kyogre. Duh.
— their roles in the games will be? Mascots. Teams Aqua and Magma chase after them.
— of their Megastones being the Red/Blue Orbs? Or will they be something else? Probablt be the orbs.
What will the Version Exclusive Pokemon be? Same as the originals plus extras. :)
Will Generation IV - VI Pokemon be available in the wild? Yes, already confirmed. :P
... Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Diancie Confirmed 6/7/2014, Mega Sableye Confirmed 6/11/2014 Hopefully mega crobat/metagross/milotic/gyarados
Where will the stones for the new Mega Evolutions be hidden? With people. :D Or in the wild.
New areas to be introduced? Battle Frontier and a couple of islands.
Ideas for post-game content? Hopefully another region or story of megas

Years

What role will Wally play? I think Wally will have a similar role but will also be trying to find out what mega evolution is since he has a Ralts which evolves into Gardevoir which has a mega form.

What roles do you think Juan, Wallace, and Steven will fill? I don't think Juan will be in OR/AS because he wasn't in the original R/S he was only in Emerald. Wallace will still be Sootopolis Gym Leader and Steven will have a much bigger role. I think that he will have a huge connection with Mega Evolution because in the originals he had a huge fascination with evolution stones. In fact I think he will be the one to give you the evolutionary stones for the starter pokemon along with the mega bangles.

Will there be any other League-related changes? Nah the only thing I could think of is if they decided to go with Emeralds lineup which is quite doubtful since Nintendo said it's full remakes of R/S

Will Scott make a return?If so, what as? I think that he will make a return in the same role as before because of how big a hit the Battle Frontier was and how much everyone loved Scott.

What will Rayquaza's role in the story be? I think he will also have a Primal Devolution and still be the guardian of sky pillar since they said the two types of bikes are coming back we can only assume the puzzles will as well that would play into sky pillars puzzles. And he will still come down to stop the fighting of Groudon and Kyogre. However this time I think that they will be in their primal forms which can only be activated by the red/blue orbs which will play a much bigger role in the games.

Assume Kyogre and Groudon receive Mega Evolutions. (Confirmed Ancient Devolutions 6/7/2014)
What do you think
— their roles in the games will be? Same rolls but in their new forms.

... Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Diancie Confirmed 6/7/2014, Mega Sableye Confirmed 6/11/2014. Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt. I speculate these megas because if you look at one of the trailers both Maxie and Archie have mega stones. Maxies is in his glasses and Archies is on his necklace. I also speculate Mega Linoone because there was a huge focus of Zigzagoon in the trailer.

Where will the stones for the new Mega Evolutions be hidden? I think Mega Sharpedos will be in an underwater cavern and Camerupts will be on mt chimney. The starters will be given by steven on Dewford during the first encounter

Years
Ruby and Sapphire and maybe Wally?

I hope a bigger role than in the original game. It would be amazing if he was one of the elite 4 or one of the last gym leaders to show how much dedication he had. A little bit like Blue (Gary) when he was the champion. That would be a shocker! :D

I hope that Steven stays the champion, he was a lot tougher than Wallace and since Steven has Steel pokemon, he could beat fairies as well :P. Wallace was never really been my favorite character, I prefer Juan to stay as the 8th gym leader, but probably Juan won't even be in the game and Wallace will either be the champion or the 8th gym leader. (In the manga Steven gave up his title of champion to Wallace.)

I hope so! I didn't really like the elite 4 in Hoenn. I really want Sydney to be gone and maybe the dragon elite 4 (Wasn't his name Draydon?). Also as I stated it would be cool if Wallace would be one of the Elite 4! :D

I don't know, Rayquaza only came in Emerald and that's being remade so I have no idea what its role is going to be. If Groudon and Kyogre would be in the game, than Rayquaza would try to bring peace I guess.

I liked their abilities drought and drizzle so I would keep it.
For Types Groudon should be fire and dark :P I don't know why haha.
Kyogre should be water steel. Again no idea why, it would be cool though :P

Whatever game you chose that pokemon will awaken and it will cause so much chaos that it will either be way too hot that people are all at home or it will flood where people will also be in their houses, with Kyogre it will also rain. Then whatever legendary you have, it will awaken the other and it will be sunny and rainy at the same time and a blizzard starts and only Rayquaza can stop it, thus you and Wally or Sapphire/Ruby will help you reach to the sky pillar and you awaken Rayquaza. Then you will go back where Groudon and Kyogre were fighting and Rayquaza will have trouble stopping both, thus one of your pokemon helps Rayquaza and both of you will help calm down the legendary pokemon and that's how you save Hoenn. :P

It might be something else, but I don't know.

Seviper/Zangoose, Solrock/Lunatone/ Plusle/Minum, ...

I hope so, as much as I love Hoenn, their pokemon were lacking and I hope there will be more choices! :D

Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos fairy types. Honestly doesn't really matter what pokemon, I just want more choices.

Sabelye was already shown.
A lot of people wanted a Mega Tropius (No idea why)
I would like to have a mega Milotic and mega Metagross.

I have no idea. Maybe underground water cavern for Kyogre and the only way is by diving or using a submarine and for Groudon somewhere in MT. Chimney? (I know that sounds lame)

I hope so!! I feel as if the water was pretty empty in the original game, so A few islands would be great, maybe like a nice resort such as the resort in Sinnoh?

Battle Frontier! Not the battle frontier in Sinnoh or Heartgold/Soulsilver. I want the original battle frontier from Emerald. Also, a nice litle post story would be nice, for example that of Latios or Latias or maybe of just Rayquaza? I would like some type of story as in Kalos with Looker! :)

Tereee

The One Living in the 93rd Dimension
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2014
--I forsee three possibilities - he might be the comic relief, of course. But this is Pokemon, so that option is unlikely. The second is the same role he had in the original games. The third is as a sort of 'second' rival, one that battles you even after Brendan/May are done, after Lilycove.

Juan will replace the guardians of the Orb in the original game. Wallace will serve as Gym Leader in Sootopolis and as Juan's protege. Steven will have largely the same role as previous game, with a stronger connection to Devon Corp.

Probably not. A new Pacifidlog Gym would be nice, though.

Same role as previously. Possibly somewhat more like a 'used car salesman' type character.

A peacemaker.

Same as before. Might make certain Post Gen III Pokemon version exclusive.

Yes. Post-game, preferably.

The Goomy line, the Spinarak line, the Starly line, the new Eeveelutions will all be included. Exclusion? Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas. Probably to be saved for a post-game 'Mystery Gift' event.

Beyond the already announced? Mega Huntail, Mega Gorebyss, Mega Camerupt, Mega Plusle, Mega Minun. Mega Minun sounds very catchy, too.

The Meteor Falls are an obvious choice. Mt. Chimney as well. Underwater also seems likely to me.

Hopefully, there will be...
---Three new towns!
---The return of Naval Rock and Birth Island!
---Bits of Almia!
---Bits of Fiore!
---Bits of Oblivia!

Travel to an island chain. Mystery Gift. Perhaps effectively utilized DLC, done free, to expand the game to keep it interesting long after completion?

Years
Just a friendly reminder you guys, questions that have already been answered like "Who will be the protagonists?" shouldn't be included in your sign-ups at this point. Also, in questions like "What new Mega evolutions will be released?" including Pokemon like Sceptile, Swampert, Diancie, Sableye, and Metagross won't count for anything as they're already confirmed. This also goes for any other information that is confirmed by Game Freak/Nintendo. Constantly check the first post for updates regarding confirmed information! Remember that we'll be able to tell if you edited your post after an announcement.

Have fun!

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
Years
What role will Wally play? I think he'll play a similar role to last time, where he moves to Verdanturf after catching Ralts, but that he may make more of an appearance as a rival and will be with you when mega evolution is explained (kinda like the rivals appearing at points during tutorially type things in XY) as he has a Gardevoir that may Mega-evolve in the final battle on Victory Road with him.
What roles do you think Juan, Wallace, and Steven will fill? I believe Juan will just be somewhere in Sootopolis in a house, a normal NPC, maybe he'll give you a Mega Stone at some point, while I believe Wallace will take back role as Gym Leader of Sootopolis Gym, and may play a role in explaining Contests, as well as being an oppoent in Contests like in DPPt with Jasmine, Fantina etc. Also, Steven will make a return as Champion, as well as guide you through the aspects of Pokemon Mega Evolution,as well as periodically giving you mega stones. I believe the Beldum he leaves you in his house will hold a Mega Stone for Metagross.
Will there be any other League-related changes? Apart from being changed to the RS League style, no, I don't believe there will be any changes.
Will Scott make a return? If so, what as? I believe Scott will make a return as he did in Emerald, looking for strong trainers for his Battle Frontier Challenge, and will still give you free BP for how many times you encounter him throughout you're journey.
What will Rayquaza's role in the story be? I think Rayquaza will not play a main role in the story, I believe it will be just the one Legendary Pokemon acting up you must stop it in the Cave of Origins or whatever the cave in Sootopolis is called. Rayquaza will not make an appearance unless you deliberately go and find him on the tower.
I believe Primal Kyogre will receive and extra type, maybe an Electric or Dragon type. Also, I believe they're Primal abilities will work the same as Drought/Drizzle did pre Gen VI, lasting indefinitely until another weather effect is used or the current one is stopped by other means. They will have no new signature moves I believe.
— their roles in the games will be? They will play the same roles as they did in RS, where they are summoned by the respective Team (Kyogre by Aqua, Groudon by Magma) to either increase the land or increase the ocean.
— of their Megastones being the Red/Blue Orbs? Or will they be something else? I believe the Red/Blue Orb will now work sort of like the DNA Splicer, but without two Pokemon, it will just revert them to their primal selves after use.
What will the Version Exclusive Pokemon be?OmegaRuby: Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry, Mawile, Zangoose, Solrock, Groudon, Magby/Magmar/Magmortar. AlphaSapphire: Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo, Sableye, Seviper, Lunatone, Kyogre, Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire.
Magmortar, Electivire, Drifloon, Drifblim, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Shellos, Gastrodon, Finneon, Lumineon, Bouffalant, Goomy line, Burmy, Wormadam, Mothim, Buneary, Lopunny, Stunfisk, Dusknoir, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure.
What new Mega Evolutions will be introduced? Milotic, Flygon, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Salamence, Plusle and Minun.
Where will the stones for the new Mega Evolutions be hidden? Milotic from Juan, Flygon in Desert, Ludicolo from Steven, Shiftry from Steven, Salamence in Meteor Falls, Plusle and Minun in New Mauville.
New areas to be introduced? Probably a new Safari Zone to tie in to Hidden Abilities.
Ideas for post-game content? Gen III Battle Frontier return, Lati@s (choose via TV, like in Emerald), Extra Safari Zone areas, Mystery Gift of Navel Rock and Birth Island for Ho-Oh, Lugia and Deoxys, Beldum from Steven holding Mega Stone, Lilycove Mall Clearance Sales, Pokemon Outbreaks/Hordes.

jcheena209

Average Joe
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
-I think Wally will act similar as he did in the originals, being just one of your rivals through the story. However, I think he will use a Mega-Gardevoir during his last battle with you. (Confirmed w/ Mega-Gallade)
-I do not think Juan will return at all as a character, since his only role in Emerald was to fill Wallace's gym leader position. Since Steven will be the champion again, that confirms Wallace reverting back to the last gym leader again. Steven will most likely also teach the player some of the mechanics behind Mega Evolution.
-Yes, each Elite Four Member will most likely carry a new Mega-Pokémon due to the recent debut of Mega-Metagross and Mega-Salamence. Like the previous remakes, they will also probably re-do each gyms design and layout.
-Yes, even though this is not a remake of Pokémon Emerald, the battle frontier will most likely return. He will play a similar role to his in Emerald, most likely observing your progress as a trainer.
-Considering this is a remake of Ruby/Sapphire rather to Emerald, I don't think Rayquaza will have any relevance in the story. The storyline will most likely be similar to the one in Ruby/Sapphire, which did not contain Rayquaza.
-Their types have already been confirmed. Since they nerfed weather conditions to 5 turns in the most recent title Pokémon X and Y, I think their abilities will most likely be an endless version of Drizzle and Drought. (Confirmed w/ better versions of Drizzle and Drought) This will return the power their old abilities now lack. Eruption and Water Spout will probably stay as their "signature" moves. (Confirmed w/ New Moves)
-They will have a similar role as they did in Ruby/Sapphire being the force that drives Team Aqua and Magmas' dreams. This time however, I think their primal forms will be significant in replicating the power they had long ago. Team Aqua and Magma will most likely need to try and activate these forms to be able to accomplish their goals.
-Most likely the orbs will be the stones that re-create their primal form. Since Mega-Stones are very similar to these orbs, I can't see them adding another stone for devolution.
Omega Ruby:
-Seedot Family
-Mawile
-Zangoose
-Solrock
-Groudon

Alpha Sapphire:
-Lotad Family
-Sableye
-Zangoose
-Solrock
-Kyogre
I think other regional pokemon will most likely be present in the post-game, but not the main game. If these other regional pokemon are in the post-game safari zone, they will most likely be: grass, normal, flying, and water types.
-As I mentioned previously, I think all elite four members will have a Mega-Pokémon. If this is true, it confirms: Mega Walrein, Mega Dusknoir, and Mega Shiftry. Since Shiftry is a version exclusive, Mega Ludicolo will most likely happen too. Since both criminal team bosses seem to be carrying a "mega" item, it is likely that their mains will have a mega evolution. Mega Sharpedo for Team Aqua; Mega Camerupt for Team Magma. Milotic and Flygon also seem to be popular fan favorites, so I could see Mega Milotic and Mega Flygon happen. I could also see the Johto Starters getting mega evolutions, since you could get one in the original games after completing the hoenn pokedex. The Johto starters include: Mega Meganium, Mega Typhlosion, and Mega Feraligator. Lastly, I think Rayquaza will get a devolution, which is kind of similar to mega evolving.
-Instead of listed an area for each Pokemon, I'll just name some areas that seem likely to have one along with Pokemon who could have their stone in it.

Possible Areas:
-Meteor Falls: Salamence, Altaria
-Desert Underpass: Flygon
-Shoal Cave: Walrein
-Safari Zone: Lopunny, Audino, Slowbro, Gallade
-Mt. Pyre: Dusknoir
-Granite Cave: Sableye
-Scorched Slab: Milotic
-Seafloor Cavern: Sharpedo, Camerupt
-Any Waterfalls: Shiftry, Ludicolo
-Gifts: All starters previously mentioned, Metagross, Diancie
-Not really new, but most likely a post-game Safari Zone extension similar to in Pokémon Emerald. There also seems to be a dark cloud area on the map, which I think will be an area tieing in to a meteor crash involving Deoxys. I also think the Battle Frontier will return with some new surrounding areas. Lastly, there will probably be some new island designed for catching non-hoenn pokemon at during the post-game.
-The Pokémon Emerald Battle Frontier will return. A new island to explore. Re-matches against the Elite Four and Gym Leaders. Looker Quest. Other-regional Legendaries to collect. More Secret Base customization options. Completing the Hoenn Pokedex to get one of 3 Johto starters with their respective mega stone (explained earlier).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Steven: This doesn't count because it has been confirmed that he is champion. I don't remember when but it I found a reports of it dating 7/10, but i can't post links yet i'll put it in next update.
Juan: Two possibilitys, 1. You meet him through an event like the celebi time travel event in ss/hg that introduced you Giovanni. I find this posible because he wasn't in r/s but was in emerald and I don't think they will completely take out a main character from a region, though idea # 2 is more likely because this would be a bold move. 2. The event seemed far fetched so even more likely he's the suporting character that gives you the keystone and/or teaches about ancient devolution.
Wallace: 8th gym leader

No, this is based on the confirmation that Sidney and Phoebe will still be in the league.

Yes, he would have the same role as before because he is the owner of the battle frontier and I don't think they would remove the battle frontier

I think the story will be the same as before because both s/g and ss/hg had the same story.

I think the story will be the same as before because both s/g and ss/hg had the same story.
They would be something else, the red/ blue orbs probably have something to do with ancient devolution, I think the mega stones would ether be found near them like mewtwo or an event like latias and latios.

What will the Version Exclusive Pokemon be?'
ruby: same as before plus certain mega pokemon like a mega Diancie ruby.
sapphire:same as before plus certain mega pokemon like a mega Diancie sapphire.
Yes, you were able to in ss/hg so it will most likely be the same in this game.
excluded: xerneas, yelveltal
included: audino,

... Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Diancie Confirmed 6/7/2014, Mega Sableye Confirmed 6/11/2014, Mega Metagross Confirmed 7/10/2014, Mega Altaria, Lopunny, and Salamence confirmed 8/8/2014
There is a rumor that theres going to be Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino, they were suposedly leaked coro coro pages and people haven't confirmed them to be fake so i'm not sure if that counts or not.
Like most people said under water seems like a very possible. There might be one on the first route or forest after you leave your town because there was one like that on x/y and that seemed to be on purpose because there was also one on victory road, so I think there will be one on victory road to. There will probably be some in the caves especially near over world pokemon spirits like how after capturing/defeating mewtwo
There will be new transport like trains and planes possibly cars but i doubt it, that will take you to normally unaccesable places. there will probably be drastic changes in the city's like in b/w to b/w 2.

battle frontier
friend safari
looker
this is just wishful thinking but dlc

Raezioo

Mister Mohawk
Years
I think he will just be you're other rival. I think he might have a something to do with Mega-Evolution. I mean, he has a Ralts, which turns into a Gardevoir, and seeing he's one of the 'main' characters of the game, i think it would just fit fine if he had a Mega Gardevoir. But i think that's it, nothing more then that, just a mega evolution.

Well, Since it's a remake of Ruby and Sapphire, I don't think Wallace will be the champion, I think that honor goes to Steven again :) Wallace will play a major role with the Primal Groudon/Primal Kyogre story. I'm not sure about Juan, if this is a RS remake, he won't probably be in it. But if he was, he would be part of Wallace's team, as he was his tutor/mentor/teacher (i don't know ;D). He is a Pokémon Coordinator, so it might be possible that he's part of the judge in the Pokémon Contests :) Not a member who plays in it though, as it is already confirmed that Lisia is one of the main contestants :)

No, I don't think so. The main things that will change are of course the aesthetics of the rooms the E4 is in, and the fact that their main Pokémon will probably get a mega evolution. I don't think there will be more to it than this.

I'd love to see Scott back, because I really hope to see a remake of the Battle Frontier. But seeing that it is a RS remake, again, the possibilities are smaller. But hey, they might think that the Battle Frontier was a great success, and give it its return in the new remakes :D

I assume that Rayquaza will have the same role, keeping the peace between Groudon and Kyogre, just like the main story in the original games.

THE REST OF THE ANSWERS WILL COME LATER TODAY, I NEED TO GO NOW :D HAHA!
... Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Diancie Confirmed 6/7/2014, Mega Sableye Confirmed 6/11/2014, Mega Metagross Confirmed 7/10/2014, Mega Altaria, Lopunny, and Salamence confirmed 8/8/2014, Mega Audino and Slowbro Confirmed 8/12/14

Guest123123

I think he'll basically have the same role as in RSE, the main difference being that at the final battle he'll have Mega Gardevoir, Magnezone, and Roserade.
I don't expect Juan will be in the games. If he is, maybe he'll be the one to give us Waterfall after we beat Wallace, and/or gift us with a mega stone. I think Wallace will be the 8th Gym Leader. Steven's position as the Champion has already been confirmed, but I think he'll play a more important role in the story judging from the pics of him in front of a mural with Kyogre and Groudon battling.
Other than Phoebe getting a Dusknoir and Glacia getting a Froslass, as well as changes in their outfits and expressions from their original artwork, I don't think there'll be any changes from the original R/S.
If he returns, I think he'll serve the same role as the owner/advertiser of the Battle Frontier.
I think it'll be like the original R/S where it doesn't appear in the story and is just at the top of the Sky Pillar.

Abilities: Drizzle and Drought. Since an upgrade was mentioned with ancient devolution, I think their weather effects will be infinite again (until/unless another weather is used) instead of 5 turns.
Roles: The same basic roles, with the addition of ancient devolution.
I have nothing for the stones/orbs.
OR: Groudon, Solrock, Zangoose, whichever others were exclusive to Ruby, some Pokemon from later generations
AS: Kyogre, Lunatone, Seviper, whichever others were exclusive to Sapphire, some Pokemon from later generations
Yes, after getting the National Pokedex.
Too many for me to make a decent prediction.
I think there'll be Mega Shiftry, Mega Ludicolo, Mega Torkoal, Mega Milotic, Mega Breloom, and Mega Flygon. Probably a few more of Pokemon that weren't introduced in Hoenn.
I think one will be in Meteor Falls, 2 or 3 will be gifted from NPCs like in X and Y, the one from your starter will be given by Professor Birch, one will be at Mt. Pyre. I'm not sure beyond that.
The new areas seen on the Hoenn map, like the shadowy island to the north. I also think there'll be a chamber for Regigigas. Since the Abandoned Ship now looks like it shipwrecked on an island, I think we'll be able to explore that too.
New areas. Battle Frontier. Gym Leader rematches, Elite Four rematches with higher levels, rival and Wally rematches. All rematches involve a mega evolution. Mega stones. National Pokedex + Gen 4-6 Pokemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back