• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
So what does this go up to. The whole kanto league and thats it? Also why the sprites so blury in the screen shots.

This game won't just go up to the Kanto league. The current version has the entire Kanto region and Orange Islands is 25% completed. The next release will come after four of the GYMs in Orange Islands are made and then the map and script of Orange Islands will be half finished. I'll begin working on the map and script of Johto once the entire Orange Islands region is done but it won't happen recently.

For the trainer sprite in the screen shot, it does look blury in the Version 1.0. I'll fix this issue in the next release and hopefully there won't be this kind of issue anymore. Have a good day!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Just wondering, what program are you resizing the sprites with? In the resize window, if you can, select "Nearest Neighbor" or similar, instead of what you're using now. It will make it much sharper than the ones in your screens.

And I see you are implementing some D/P moves (Stone Edge, Gunk Shot and Shadow Force). Will they have their D/P effects? If so, I'd advise testing Shadow Force before releasing it. It might not work in the way it's supposed to.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Just wondering, what program are you resizing the sprites with? In the resize window, if you can, select "Nearest Neighbor" or similar, instead of what you're using now. It will make it much sharper than the ones in your screens.

And I see you are implementing some D/P moves (Stone Edge, Gunk Shot and Shadow Force). Will they have their D/P effects? If so, I'd advise testing Shadow Force before releasing it. It might not work in the way it's supposed to.

The program I used to resize the pics is Paint.net and this is the only choice for me since some other programs like ACD See doesn't allow transparent resizing (The trainer sprite will have a black or white backcolor after resizing and this is even worse). I do wish to make the trainer sprite better and I'd appreciate it very much if anyone can help.

As you said above, I did add three D/P moves for testing together with some new moves for the new types I created. Besides, I'm still expecting Poccil to add D/P moves in the next version of his starterkit and if he won't, I will do it myself though it may not be possible to include some specific effects.

Have a good day, hope you enjoy my game!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, resize using Nearest Neighbor instead. See this screen:
temppc9.png

And Poccil had better tell me first if he plans to implement the D/P moves - I'd probably be able to help him :P

Years
I have a couple more questions. What do I do to get past the old guy in Viridian City about the private property and what about the pikachu sitting outside your house? I'm also having problems saving. I get these error messages when I get a key item saying the SE file not found keyitems and when I save my game it says that the game is saved but when i exit the game and go back in the file isn't there anymore

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I have a couple more questions. What do I do to get past the old guy in Viridian City about the private property and what about the pikachu sitting outside your house? I'm also having problems saving. I get these error messages when I get a key item saying the SE file not found keyitems and when I save my game it says that the game is saved but when i exit the game and go back in the file isn't there anymore

You need to do these three things first in order to get past the old man. First, send the oak's parcel back to Prof. Oak and obtain the Pokedex. Second, grab the Townmap from Daisy. And then you have to battle against Gary on Route22. After all these are done, you can walk beside the old man and the teachy TV event begins before you're permitted to advance to Route2 and Viridian Forest.

The Pikachu you said above is another event that happens only after you won the Indigo Conference. You'll advance to the viridian forest and find a younger girl called JAMY being attacked by a Dratini. After you defeat the Dratini, you'll take this girl to Pallet Town where she's supposed to hand a ferry ticket to you so that the journey of Orange Islands will begin. The Pikachu will be taken away by her after this event.

For the saving error and SE file error, well, I don't really know what's wrong with it since there's no this kinds of errors in my game and the others who played this game didn't ever claim the errors before. You may need to redownload the entire file if those errors keep happening.

These are all the tips I can give to you so far, have a good day!

The screenshot of the newly made Fossil Cave is released. Check this pic below to have a deep look at the Fossil cave and the main event:
screenshot6.png

Besides, the map of Kinnow Island is finished already and you can check the screen shot at the first post to see what it looks like. Have a good day everyone!

Well, resize using Nearest Neighbor instead. See this screen:
temppc9.png

And Poccil had better tell me first if he plans to implement the D/P moves - I'd probably be able to help him :P
I've already tried your method and it works perfectly! Thank you, dude, this really helps.

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hi, guys!

I've already updated the Pokemon Hall Of Fame Version again and here's the list of major changes:

1. The graphics are made much better and most of the trainer sprites aren't blury any more. You can check the newest screenshot of the Trainer Battle (against a Gentleman) to see this update.

2. The bug of the pallet town has been solved (Previously, the game will be unable to process if the protagonist lose to Rival Gary in his first Battle after receiving the Starter Pokemon). I'm trying to get the Trading event work as well and hopefully I'll get it done in the next release.

3. The maps of Pinkan Island, Deserted (Kabuto Fossil) Island, Kinnow Island and Navel Island are already made. The protagonist will battle against Danny to obtain the third Badge in Orange Islands region. See this screenshot below if you want to know more about the game process:

screenshot7.png

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Are you going to increase the level cap with each region? I'd hate to reach max level after the first region or two..

Well, it's not likely for you to reach the max level in the first, second and even the third region unless you own only one/two Pokemon or repeatedly battle in places like Indigo Conference. The issue might come in the later regions and I will try to change the level cap at that moment. So don't worry, it won't be a major problem for my game. Have a good day, hope you enjoy the game.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hi, everyone! I've already finished the maps and scripts of the Phantom Ship and Kinnow Islands and the version 1.1 is already made. I'm currently testing this game still and it will take 1-2 days for the next release. I'll list the major changes after the link is given.

Here's the screen shots of the newly made Phantom Ship and the 4th Gym leader battle in Orange Islands Region:

screenshot8.png

This project is still far from over and I'll begin the new processes after the next release. Please leave feedbacks here if you have interests or doubts on this game. I hope you like my game and have a good day!

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hi everyone!

I'm glad to announce that the new version 1.1 is now available to play. Check this webpage if you have interests: http://rapidshare.com/files/124527930/Pokemon_Hall_Of_Fame_V_1.1.rar
If you don't wish to start the game from Kanto, it's fine to just continue the game I saved previously. The Protagonist Ash has three Pokemon Charizard, Blastoise and Venesaur, all at level 45 in the beginning to start the journey at Valencia Island. (Initially, you have to complete the missions in Kanto and win the Indigo Plateau Conference to reach Orange Islands)

Update list:
1. Added maps and scripts of Mandarin Island North, Lightning Co., Sunburst Island, Crystal Cave, Pinkan Island, Kabuto Fossil Cave, Kinnow Island, Showboat, two Deserted Island, Navel Island, Moro Island, Phantom Ship and the newly made Golden Island.

2. Changed the name input system from the original User-Type screen (Type directly from keyboard) to the Typical Pokemon Game screen (Select words or numbers from the box).

3. Replaced those once-blury trainer sprite by new trainer sprite with the same quality as you see in the original Pokemon Video Game.

4. The battle against Gary in Oak's lab has been changed so that now users are enabled to lose the first battle against the rival.

5. Added new types Mystic, Undead and Holy and modified some Pokemon Moves.

6. The trade events are now available in this game and users can trade Pokemon with some specific game NPCs. (It's still not able to trade Pokemon on-line with other users)

7. Dig and escape rope can be used in Caves and Mounts like Mount. Moon and Rock Tunnel already. It's still unable to use in some specific places like Rocket hideout and Power Plant though.

Last edited:

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
thank goodness about that trainer thing it hurt my eyes when i was playing the beta

hey man i'm playing the new beta how come in the mart in virdian city u can buy a whole bunch of lmasterballs for nothing i mean it has no price it just has 0 on it whats up with that

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
thank goodness about that trainer thing it hurt my eyes when i was playing the beta

hey man i'm playing the new beta how come in the mart in virdian city u can buy a whole bunch of lmasterballs for nothing i mean it has no price it just has 0 on it whats up with that

I see. I used that to test my game and forget to change it back. Thank you very much for your notice. Check this link for this update: http://rapidshare.com/files/124527930/Pokemon_Hall_Of_Fame_V_1.1.rar

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
OH MA GOD!
very nice, i might try and use it and see how you make your maps because i am starting to make a pokemon game.
VERY NICE!

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
After a series of comparisons with the other games I realized that I can't make this game all alone. I'm fine making the maps and scripts but I suck at making graphics. Therefore, I badly need helps from spriters who can help me make better visual effects. Check this help thread if you're interested, thanks:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143318

Btw, I'm a little bit tired of the low support and unpopularity the game has received so far and it's likely for me to lock this thread if my help request thread still doesn't work. I'm still gonna work on this project though, and if you do have interest in this game, just pm me to get the latest news and updates. Have a good day, everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back