• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
This doesn't work on flash carts without RTC.:( Please say it will in future betas? :D

And how is it supposed to work? There are functions coded in, that need the RTC, not mentioning the fact, that the Undersea Express (or what was it called) needs the RTC to function, or you will not be able to go to Orange Islands and thus continue the game.

@Konekodemon I also had problems downloading, I was just randomly able to download one time, and I quickly took that chance. I dunno what causes this... Do you have changeable IP?

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
vba freeze when I want fight with him...

35mo7y1.png

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
I just found a random bug, not really anything important or affecting the game in anyway but, Jasmine's sprite when she is in the Lighthouse is still the Nurse Joy sprite.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Couldn't you make it to where you could change the time as needed? Kind of like on the original Crystal where you switched to Daylight savings time and what not. Maybe your Mom on the game could say something like your Pokemon look tired maybe you should rest. How long would you like to rest? Then you could select how long you wanted to "rest" and the clock would be fast-forwarded based on how long you rested. Just a suggestion.:)

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Couldn't you make it to where you could change the time as needed? Kind of like on the original Crystal where you switched to Daylight savings time and what not. Maybe your Mom on the game could say something like your Pokemon look tired maybe you should rest. How long would you like to rest? Then you could select how long you wanted to "rest" and the clock would be fast-forwarded based on how long you rested. Just a suggestion.:)

It's impossible, because, as the name says, it's REAL TIME clock. A minute in game is a minute IRL.

Also , why would you want to get 6 hours ahead? What would that give you? Just asking.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2012
I have a question that's been driving me nuts. Regarding getting a Mudkip on Route 44: what kind of fishing rod do you need to use? Old, Good, Super? I just don't want to waste my time searching for one if there's no chance of even finding one using certain rods.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Why wouldn't you be able to? You could advance the clock 1 hour with the original crystal using daylight savings time. Couldn't your Mom let you take a "nap" for a certain amount of time thus manually advancing the clock? You would be able to find Pokemon that are only available at night and what not. If the game needs RTC to advance couldn't you create people who let you take naps or whatever thus advancing the time so you could advance in the game? Kind of like in Pokemon Emerald where you boarded that boat to go to the Battle Frontier the first time you had to take a nap to arrive there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
OTE963 said:
I have a question that's been driving me nuts. Regarding getting a Mudkip on Route 44: what kind of fishing rod do you need to use? Old, Good, Super? I just don't want to waste my time searching for one if there's no chance of even finding one using certain rods.

The chance is 1%, I can honestly say, that You will stop trying to get it after about 50 times. Most Hoenn pokes, that are in grass have a much larger chance of appearing than that Mudkip. And you probably noticed how hard it is to get them. It's at the bottom of the list, so I think that'll be a Super Rod. If you catch it without hacking, then I salute you.

Liquid crystal fan said:
Why wouldn't you be able to? You could advance the clock 1 hour with the original crystal using daylight savings time. Couldn't your Mom let you take a "nap" for a certain amount of time thus manually advancing the clock? You would be able to find Pokemon that are only available at night and what not. If the game needs RTC to advance couldn't you create people who let you take naps or whatever thus advancing the time so you could advance in the game? Kind of like in Pokemon Emerald where you boarded that boat to go to the Battle Frontier the first time you had to take a nap to arrive there.

Do you know what DST is for? It's not actually pushing the time hour after hour. Also, if you want a specific hour, then just set your system time differently. There is no day/night system for any pokemon involved, as that requires hard coding AFAIK. The only time, where RTC is needed is for Undersea Express, and that is only 10 minutes of waiting, so that's not an awful lot of time now, is it?

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
You mean RTC? As in Real Time Clock? Yes, I understand the concept of the RTC. So if you only need the RTC for the undersea express why not just put a person there that will let you take a nap so people without RTC can advance in the game too thus making the game even more available to a wider variety of people.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2022
So guys, no glitches or anything from me (I report what I find into the bug tracker), but gameplay question: I'm currently at teh point where I'm battling Suicune, and I'm having an impossible time trying to catch him. I ended up using the ultra balls I could find around earlier on other pokemon (Hoenn regions, didn't have any others), so all I have is a bunch of Great Balls, which of course can't cut it in this position. My initial idea was to go use some apricorns and just wait, but it seems like they switched around what apricorns do what (Black does Timer, for instance, which screws me over because my goal was to use a Heavyball...), so I can't figure out what to do. (And yes, I do the whole sleep/Paralyze/Get the punk down to nothing, but it's clearly not cutting it).aa Any tips? Anyone know what Apricorns do what now?

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I read the walkthrough/guide, but I think it was last updated on the 2.1 beta release.
The help thread is dead and I don't want to necro it, so here are my questions:
Can the other starters be evolved now in the 3.1 beta?
Do the Eevee evolutions work now?

P.S. I liked the Kingdom Hearts reference. Battling Axel with The 13th Struggle as battle music. Are there more that I should look out for?

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Liquid crystal fan said:
You mean RTC? As in Real Time Clock? Yes, I understand the concept of the RTC. So if you only need the RTC for the undersea express why not just put a person there that will let you take a nap so people without RTC can advance in the game too thus making the game even more available to a wider variety of people.

No, I meant DST, Daylight Saving Time.

JungleNutz said:
would that be during the day because he is the final piece i need him!!!!

There is no day/night system for catching pokemon.

Renoloz said:
Can the other starters be evolved now in the 3.1 beta?
Do the Eevee evolutions work now?

I have evolved every possible starter and the evolution stone Eevees. Did not have the patience to raise happiness for the other 2 eevee-lutions. So I guess both questions are a "yes".

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Lol yes I do understand DST. But if the only time you need the RTC is to advance the clock 10 couldn't you insert someone who lets you take a nap manually moving the clock forward for people without RTC on their flash carts?

DaEpicTrainer

One Pokemon to Rule Them All
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I'm sorry to bother LAZ but i have a request if you could do this i will looooove you so much.If you can make another version of 3.1 by deleting the 3rd gen pokemon and changing a few pokemon sprites from back like feraligatr, charizard and a few more i'll tell it if you can do this.They look really bad.I really love your game but i hate the 3rd gen+ pokemon.Pokemon Crystal was my first game and you did a really good hacked version.I really appreciate it.But if you remove those 3rd gen pokemons more people will play it for sure.It would be much epicer if you'd do that.Ty.

Last edited:
Back