• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What are your favorite/least favorite part of the X&Y

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Favorite: Everything! XY is my favorite pokemon games.

Least favorite: Lack of move tutors. I understand that they're saving them for next gens. It's just that now that IV breeding is much easier and that official tourneys only allow Kalos-obtained pokemon, I find it disappointing that I can't... have Knock Off, Stealth Rock, Defog, etc. on sooooo many pokemon without them being imperfectly bred from BW2 and being disqualified from tourneys.

How typical of me to complain and nitpick about what I don't like rather than elaborate on the dozens of reasons why I like XY.

Cheychu

Giggly Gengar
Years
  • Age 30
  • NC
  • Seen Jun 26, 2015
Pro: Idk I love the little things, like how you crouch when you talk to little kids, the fact that you can sit on benches and such. The fact that you can rUN DIAGONALLY...
Cons: I feel like the game was too easy, and the new pokemon this generation weren't the best....

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
NEVER remind me again of the first time i didthe furfrou puzzle. My 3ds is lucky its still in one peice.

fireflystorm

shsl loser
Years
Hm. I really liked this gen. I liked the attention to detail -- like how you can sit on benches, do little tricks with your skates, destroy objects in the backgrounds of battles. Those things were really cool. I also loved AZ's story and the mention of warfare in the Pokemon world.

Hooowever, I feel like there wasn't enough elaboration on the story, and, like everyone else and their dog said, I wish there had been a post-game. Honestly, I feel bored with it now. I've been trying to complete my Pokedex and build teams, but there's not even good locations to grind. There's not much for me to do.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Storyline and Lumiose city are the best parts worst is the pokemon league should be way stronger like in the previous games when you challenge it again

Sage Ebock

Squirtle Squad 4 life
Years
Best features: Awesome starters, funny references to other games and memes, graphics, customization of main character.

Worst cons: Short game (as in main storyline), messed up gts and wonder trade (far too many throwaway trades and not enough reciprocation)....

Other than that, they are obviously on the right track, cant wait for next set of games!!! ;P

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
Least Favs: The lack of a post-game and riding those rhyhorns. They went way too slow for me when I wanted to come back for fossils.
Favorites: The detail in the graphics, benches, and the legendary music.
Though this isn't in the game, rather, in real life, I enjoyed the hype, sharing the excitement, and speculating, with the fandom while waiting for the games to be released.

Last edited:

sf

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 2, 2015
My least favorite part was the console.
I had to buy a 3ds XML just for the game.
X and Y should have been for ds

Years
Mine is pretty fickle..

Things I didn't like - Team Flare ONLY when "the joke" of them was done and I was forced to actually take them seriously.

Things I liked - Everything else. The new Mons I think were for the most part great, as few as there actually where. The Music was several steps above what i would of expected from Pokemon, save Team Flare's battle theme (seriously don't care for it) .. I thought running around with your friends in the region was a good approach, rather than you just marching through on your own solving the world's problems as it were.. even though you basically still do that.

Things I'm kind of middle of the road about - The animations. Some of them just aren't good. Zangoose looks too docile, Ferrorseed has NO idle animations.. things like that. Everything seems stiff and not as polished. I mean, I get that they have like 700+ dudes to render.. but a lot of them aren't really up to par with BW's 2d Sprites.. so I'm hoping they up their game moving forward.

Years
Fav: the breeding mechanism, new mons, not too much new legendary pokemon, the music during a legendary encounter, Wondertrade is awesome too.

Dislike: GTS, seriously they could have made it a lot better (options as items, shiny) and trading event pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 14, 2022
I loved everything about except for 3 things.

No VS seeker. Really annoying that! Of all the items that is the one I always used most. The restaurants are just irritating.

The lack of Post game. After you beat the E4 there isn't much to do and only one extra city to explore. One thing I loved about Firered/Leafgreen was the islands after you beat the league.

The GTS is full of unreasonable trade offers for pokemon that AREN'T EVEN TRADEABLE! AHHHHHHHH! *calms down* I think they should make it so that you can't request untradeable pokemon on the GTS.

Nakala Pri

Some of the graphics looked like it could be run on the DSi and sometimes, it was just an eyesore. The only appealing graphics were the battles and their backgrounds, everything else was... meh, but still a great adventure~

Mr Lasagna was a bit of a thick-head. Literally, did ya look at the SIZE OF HIS HEAD? Egg sprouting crimson hair, much?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
Things I really like:

- The graphics
- The Pokemon
- Player Search System
- Pokemon Amie
- Super training
- Friend Safari
- Fairy type
- Character customization
- The experience share

The Fairy type is awesome, even if it is a little too overpowered by being super effective against a variety of types and absolutely immune to the Dragon type.

Things that are okay but not great:

- The story/plot
- Mega evolution

The story and plot are fine, but they are not nearly as good as in Black and White. Mega Evolution is a great concept, but I did not see the need for Mega Lucario, Mega Tyranitar, Mega Garchomp, or two Mega Mewtwos. I thought there were many other Pokemon that deserved and needed a mega evolution that did not get one.

Things I did not like:

- Very little weather and no seasons
- Very little post game content

I am not surprised that there was so little post game content. I figured Game Freak would focus on graphics and revamped game and battling mechanics at the expense of post game content. I expect more post game content in the third installment.

Overall, I love X and Y. They have been thoroughly enjoyable. But I liked Black and White better, and I am already looking forward to the third installment!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
Positives:
-Most new Pokémon are well designed and usable in battle
-Trainer customisation (though more options for it would be nice)
-The amount of Pokémon available
-Nice graphics
-Changes to the type chart

Negatives:
-No move tutors
-No post game content
-Too easy
-Having to go through the Furfrou puzzle
-Having to go to the "scary" house for no reason at all

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2020
My favorite aspects of X and Y are the story of AZ, the music of the game and the beautiful world of Kalos.
My least favorite thing is how fast the pacing becomes after the third badge is obtained.

Back