• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My New Black Team

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I started over in Black and chose Oshawott as my starter for a change. My old team is in my sig. I also traded the eggs of the Pokemon I wanted in my team from my White as early as possible. I decided to have an entirely different team this time through. I've been playing with the team for quite a while, and here it is now. Rate, tell me what you think, and what moveset changes you would recommend. (I'm not changing the actual Pokemon). They're all currently level 65-66.

503.gif

Revenge | Megahorn | Surf | Ice Beam

637.gif

Heat Wave | Quiver Dance | Silver Wind | Psychic

628.gif

Fly | Giga Impact | Superpower | Shadow Claw
598.gif

Iron Head | Payback | Power Whip | Swords Dance

553.gif

Earthquake | Crunch | Stone Edge | Outrage

604.gif

Brick Break | Acid Spray | Flash Cannon | Thunderbolt

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I started over in Black and chose Oshawott as my starter for a change. My old team is in my sig. I also traded the eggs of the Pokemon I wanted in my team from my White as early as possible. I decided to have an entirely different team this time through. I've been playing with the team for quite a while, and here it is now. Rate, tell me what you think, and what moveset changes you would recommend. (I'm not changing the actual Pokemon). They're all currently level 65-66.

503.gif

Revenge | Megahorn | Surf | Ice BeamThis is fine

637.gif

Flamethrower over Heat Wave, Bug Buzz over Silver Wind
628.gif

Fly | Giga Impact | Superpower | Shadow Claw Rock Slide over Giga Impact
598.gif

Iron Head | Payback | Power Whip | Swords Dance This is fine

553.gif

Earthquake | Crunch | Stone Edge | Outrage This is fine

604.gif

Acrobatics over Acid Spray.
My Comments are in Blue. I gotta say pretty good overall.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I already have plans to replace Silver Wind with Bug Buzz when Volcarona reaches level 70 and learns it. However, I do understand the Flamethrower over Heat Wave for the 100% accuracy.

I have Giga Impact on Braviary for the following reason: 150 base power, plus Braviary's STAB, gives it a base power of 225. Basically, it's a good move to use when no moves are super-effective.

On Eelektross, I actually make very good use of Acid Spray in a chain with Flash Cannon or Thunderbolt, taking advantage of the fact that it reduces the target's special defense by two stages.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
I agree on the idea of rock slide. Giga Impact is pretty powerful with the added STAB, but rock slide is more reliable. But it's my personal opinion, I'm against all out attacks that require the Pokemon to recharge, they allow the foe to get back on their feet if you didn't KO them. Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, etc.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

503.gif

Revenge | Megahorn | Surf | Ice Beam

637.gif

628.gif

Fly | Giga Impact | Superpower | Shadow Claw
598.gif

Iron Head | Payback | Power Whip | Swords Dance

553.gif

Earthquake | Crunch | Stone Edge | Outrage

604.gif

• Use Fiery Dance on Volcarona, not Flamethrower. If you're using Quiver Dance, the SpATK boost covers up for the loss of power, while Fiery Dance pays off for itself with its Charge Beam-like effect.
  • Since you're not running Strength, I'll assume that you're okay with Brave Bird over Fly, since Fly sucks. I would prefer you use Thrash over Giga Impact if you're so intent on losing a turn. 180*2 > 225, but 168.75 is the most reliable. That is, use Crush Claw. It's Braviary's strongest Normal-type move. Also use U-Turn over Shadow Claw. It doesn't get a Sheer Force boost (Brave Bird does more damage than it even when it's super-effective).
  • Gyro Ball over Iron Head. Power Whip has more than enough coverage if you're using Swords Dance. Personally, I use Curse in-game to combo up with Gyro Ball and increase his bulkiness so he can rack up more Iron Barbs damage. Forget Payback. Power Whip does more when you move second and does almost as much when super effective. Use something more useful, like Stealth Rock, Spikes, Level Ground, or *cough cough* Gravity. Careful with Thunder Wave because it ruins your Gyro Ball.

Back