• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Oh, you actively listen to LMFAO? Suddenly I think a lot less of you..."

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
What's that one artist that you cannot comprehend people liking since their music is such poop, that you can't help but think a little less of someone for liking them?

No cop out answers like "I respect everyone's taste in music I am not that close minded!!!" Not here for those answers, if you have that, you don't have the need to respond to this thread, I'm just saying!

Years
Nicki Minaj is awful, shes a terrible rapper if she or anyone still considers herself one and her pop **** is tacky and annoying. Kinda surprising when I see people on forums with Nicki themes since I guess they dont really how bad she is rofl.

Sir Codin

To this day, I have no idea why people like Nickelback and every time someone states they like them, I feel as though we can never have any kind of meaningful relationship.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
i'll take credit as the inspiration for this thread tyvm

Aside from the usual artists I sneer at (Nicki Minaj, LMFAO, Nickelback, Katy Perry at times, Lil Wayne), one particular artist I just cannot hold my contempt for is Drake. Even if I put aside all of that YOLO crap, I just cannot stand Drake. He's just a terrible artist in my opinion and it actually causes somatic mutations within my body whenever I hear people talking about him, let alone the irreparable damage it must do to peoples ears when they listen to his music.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Let's see...LMFAO, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Lil Wayne, any of those disney bands (I think the current one is one direction or something?), I don't really follow popular music anymore so I may have missed a bunch. But pretty much anything with thoughtless, lewd lyrics.

There are a lot of artists who I think low of their fanbase, but I can't be good friends with someone who listens to any of the above.

Years
A person's music choices, by themselves, don't really affect how I think of them. If it's literally all I know then yes, if I don't like the music it may make me think less of them. I can also see how someone's music might be the 'final nail in the coffin' on my opinion of them.

Putting that cop out aside, there are plenty of artists and I (thankfully) can't think of many of them, but (unthankfully) y'all have reminded me of many of them including Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, and LMFAO. That's just the tip of the iceberg though. I bet I could come up with a hundred artists if I put my mind to it.

Years
Ke$ha if anyone still listens to her. Also Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, One Direction, any Disney/Nickelodeon Artist *cough* Hilary Duff/Ashley Tisdale/ Selena Gomez/ Victoria whatever her last name is/Miley Cyrus *cough*

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I don't really know much about modern music, I was looking down this list and I don't even know who Drake is.

That being said I have heard of Nicki Minaj, LMFAO and Lil Wayne who I think all are terrible.

I do however have no problem with people liking One Direction, probably because boy bands were really big back when I was a little kid. So I don't have a problem with people liking One Direction since I can't name any other current boy band.

Bear

Fascist baby.
Years
The biggest offender to me would have to be Lil' Wayne. Or Lil' Jon, or whoever that rapper is with the annoying voice autotuner thing. I have a friend who has repeatedly tried to convince me that his lyrics are worth a listen, but what is the point if I have to endure a layer of audio-feces to get to it?

Oh, and Skrillex. That thing is the worst. I can't help thinking less of someone close to me who finds enough patience to listen to whatever that is.

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't like people who listen to rap.

...not that that's not bad music or anything (although imo some of it is crap), but they have this "swag" theme going around that makes me want to punch them right in the crotchal area.
Oh, and Skrillex. That thing is the worst. I can't help thinking less of someone close to me who finds enough patience to listen to whatever that is.
People like you make me sad.

Cyru

-
Years
I actually like Nicki Minaj! I enjoy her music, well just because I enjoy her music, & i don't really mind people who listen to LMFAO or Lil Wayne. Drake, however, is a completely different kettle of fish. YOLO is awful, absolutely awful. And the only time i'll ever think less of someone is with Evanescence, Paramore, etc. They constantly ramble about what REAL music is when really, it's all down to opinion. The music is too trashy, cheap and loud for my liking, and i prefer it when people aren't screaming about death in my ear.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years

omG I can't believe I forgot about Skrillex. Worst of the worst.

Years
Let's see...LMFAO, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Lil Wayne, any of those disney bands (I think the current one is one direction or something?), I don't really follow popular music anymore so I may have missed a bunch. But pretty much anything with thoughtless, lewd lyrics.

There are a lot of artists who I think low of their fanbase, but I can't be good friends with someone who listens to any of the above.

Uhh what. lil wayne Pwns m8, weezy baby yung mulaaaa.

Cyru said:
I actually like Nicki Minaj! I enjoy her music, well just because I enjoy her music, & i don't really mind people who listen to LMFAO or Lil Wayne. Drake, however, is a completely different kettle of fish. YOLO is awful, absolutely awful.

lol

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Hmm, I'm not much of a fan of modern music. However, I think mainstream music now days is awful.(since it's based on one's opinions) However, almost everything main stream now days seems to be mediocre.

It just shows that if you have no talent what's so ever, and can't play a instrument decently (other then your voice) you get famous.

The artist that I can't stand really are, LMFAO, Lady Gaga, T-Pain, Lil-Wayne (Every boy in my class that listens to music recommends me to listen to his 'rapping' skills) and all that main stream jizz.

However I do pray that the generation will improve as I feel we're behind right now when it comes to talent, with that being said I still think that if you enjoy something just keep enjoying it. Opinions are opinions, and yours is important to yourself.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Well Lady Gaga comes to mind on how bland she is as far as singles go nowadays imo but by now I'm aloof towards most of her songs anyways as even though they could be a lot better, they could also be a lot worse if you ask me. T-Pain and Lil Wayne on the other hand make me want to cry.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Anybody who listens to BrokeNCYDE or anything of that screamo crap is a waste of air and world resources.

Also, YOLO is the worst and anybody who like that tatty rubbish should be thrown in a oversized food processor.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
Drake, Nicki Minaj, One Direction (Serious. Hate.), BrokenCyde, Ayumi Hamasaki and (newer) Kumi Koda (for all of you J-Pop lovers out there. Ayumi and Kumi are totally overrated at the present time. It's like Kumi was good in my opinion, with the few songs that I didn't like, and I stopped listening to her because...it was just the same and autotuned and not very Kumi-like. o.o).
And most stuff on the music channel. Like that Tulisa -.- It's like....When will these music channels be filled up with good music? ><

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Honestly sweeties, I could care less what other people are listening to, as long they're not listening to the following on max volume next to me:

Soulja Boy - I can't stand him at all, he's pretty much the sum of everything I despise.
Lil Wayne - Maybe if he actually rapped, I wouldn't mind him. But he sounds likes he's whining.
Justin Bieber - See Soulja Boy.

Also for those who can't stand "rap" just listen to 80's and 90's rap, it's actually really good if you give it a chance. Anything after 2004, it's the same thing, but with more autotune and less grammar/comprehension.

Back