• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village" Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 12, 2009
I think you have the wrong episode ShadowDeeps. This is the one where Ash captures Bulbasaur, not attempt to evolve it.

But I had to admit, I liked that tornado scene that Team Rocket was in. Really quite interesting. I also felt sorry for them, after all of the traps they went through.

Years

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Oh yeah, this was kind of boring excluding Ash going on about pirates XD Seriously, I've just realised (I'm slow XD) all of Ash's starter captures are him just saving them so they like him and want to go with him. Oh well.

I can't remember much else except the animation was TERRIBLE this episode.

Years
Oh yeah, this was kind of boring excluding Ash going on about pirates XD Seriously, I've just realised (I'm slow XD) all of Ash's starter captures are him just saving them so they like him and want to go with him. Oh well.

I can't remember much else except the animation was TERRIBLE this episode.

Didn't Brock have a knife? I liked that part. Otherwise, yeah, it was pretty disposable. And Dogasu does say on all that in the Squirtle comparison, which I'll get into in a few more days.

And I miss Ted Lewis' James, already. At least, Eric Stuart was fine, as he begins his incredible run here, so let's enjoy it when we can..., again. I know I said this on a prior episode discussion, but it needs to be reinforced.

Years
Did anyone enjoy the Pikachu/Bulbasaur battle? It actually was expressive, for a cheap, cheap series.

Also, now that I understand what the stadium was really for (that ballplayer reference), I'm rather amused by it. As always, it's the little things that can make an episode worthwhile.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Didn't Brock have a knife? I liked that part. Otherwise, yeah, it was pretty disposable. And Dogasu does say on all that in the Squirtle comparison, which I'll get into in a few more days.

And I miss Ted Lewis' James, already. At least, Eric Stuart was fine, as he begins his incredible run here, so let's enjoy it when we can..., again. I know I said this on a prior episode discussion, but it needs to be reinforced.

Or, at least, it WOULD have been disposable, had it not been for the fact that it was the episode where Bulbasaur was caught.

Years
Or, at least, it WOULD have been disposable, had it not been for the fact that it was the episode where Bulbasaur was caught.

Right, the whole "capture = plot" formula. Just because there's a capture, it doesn't necessarily mean an episode will be any worthier than, say, a good filler with no captures. It's how it's scripted, and 90% of this one didn't seem worth it to me. There days, I'd like to avoid "oh, there's a capture in this bad episode, so that means I have to pay attention to it."

At least, the capture wasn't last minute, unlike the following two starters. I had a feeling Bulbasaur would want to come along -- just how to go about it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Hey guys, so I just came across the idea of Pokémon "hacks" and decided to pick up Ash Gray, because I've always wanted a game that followed the anime. I'm currently trying to get to Vermillion, but can't seem to get there. There's no place for me to head south through the Hidden Village. I can't tell you what version I have, when I acquired the game, it was only named "Ash Gray." I created a map of the Hidden Village to show you guys what I'm working with, but I'm not allowed to post a url until after 15 posts or more.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Aaaaand that's a massive bump. Please don't post in threads over one month old.

-closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back