• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Well, It's been a while since I was last here. I have an interesting announcment, it's the release of the 3.2 Beta.

Well, after only a small announcement a few days ago on the LC Dev Journal, I'm pleased to announce that Beta 3.2 is now available to download directly from the Live Beta on the Official LC Site. But remember, you must delete and restart your game with this new ROM.

This version is simply a Bug Fix version which fixes the trainer bug, other resetting events bugs, the Day Care and makes the ROM a whole lot more stable. I mentioned the other day that the release will be in the future. Didn't say it wouldn't be a few days later did I? Hehe.

Let me get something straight before you except a ton of new things. This is simply a bug fix version containing all the fixes that have been done since the release of 3.1, as well as the trainer fix mentioned above. Will there be anything new in this Beta since a few days ago? No, because this is still the same Live Beta you might of downloaded an hour ago simply with the new fixes applied to the ROM, thanks to Jambo51.

We are now using the new Save block hack which means that the ROM should be fully compatible with Flash Carts that support the Real Time Clock. Now to answer some questions I can expect people want to hear the answer too. Are the TMs fixed? No. Is the Physical/Special Split fixed? No. Is the New Bark music bug fixed? No. This simply addresses the trainer bug, which is also related to other bugs in the game.

You might think we should of fixed everything and then released it. Well, every day there is about 100-200 new downloads or more of LC. And everyone of you will keep playing the game further making progress, as well as new people starting a file. The quicker we release this fix the least time you guys waste and the same for us answering the same bug over and over. Either way it's now fixed and you can expect other fixes to follow as normal.

Of course, not that this is still a Beta so even though we have applied the fix there could be things we have missed out related to the fix. Any issues, and report them to us so we are aware of anything that's gone wrong. And one more thing, remember that this will be the last time you guys will need to restart the game. I believe that even if you attempt to use your old save it will show up as being corrupted.

So enjoy the fix and make sure to report any issues as soon as you find them. Stay tuned for some new announcements on the Official LC Site.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
At first i thought the levels were a little tough but it turned to be all right joey was kicking my ass and the rivals quagsire as well but other than those to it has been all right other than the status effects in every battle. And an another one is that my money is always low even though i don't buy anything. You guys were saying about changing the tiles but i thing it really looks great already.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
it's the same live beta,,
still time problem,,it's one day behind!!
I think i downloaded the wrong rom!! ⢌

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
it's the same live beta,,
still time problem,,it's one day behind!!
I think i downloaded the wrong rom!! ⢌

The time problem? There should never of been a time problem. If it's one day behind you select that the time is wrong. Then it shifts it for you. It's because of how the emulators give the days to the ROM, each is different.

Yeah, it seems that your link still takes us to the 3.1 update.

And what makes you think it is? The beginning text will still say 3.2, because I forgot to change it. I just changed it to say 3.2 so you know it's the correct ROM. Either way you won't notice a difference between the 2 ROMs apart from your old .sav file saying it's corrupted.

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2014
The time problem? There should never of been a time problem. If it's one day behind you select that the time is wrong. Then it shifts it for you. It's because of how the emulators give the days to the ROM, each is different.

And what makes you think it is? The beginning text will still say 3.2, because I forgot to change it. I just changed it to say 3.2 so you know it's the correct ROM. Either way you won't notice a difference between the 2 ROMs apart from your old .sav file saying it's corrupted.

Nevermind, I must have downloaded the wrong rom because it said it was still 3.1 in the intro text. I just patched a clean rom and it says it's 3.2 now :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
R yu sure it says 3.2,,cuz mine still says 3.1!!
Ok now it 3.2:-)

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
LAZ plz can u say something new about platinium origins ?

Not to do any backseat moderation, but this is not the place to ask these questions. LaZ has both twitter and Facebook, and there is an official Page for both LC and PO. Please ask over there instead. (For what it's worth, no. There's nothing new to say about it since we're concentrating on finishing LC first).

Now, on topic. The looping bug with New Bark Town's music has finally been fixed in the latest version. Hope you enjoy this! :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
I'm having a huge problem the entire southern region on Kanto is completely glitched and inaccessible the game just freezes ! I'm using the latest beta and everything ? any suggestions ?

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
Hi there I have encountered the problem where the game freezes as you approach the legendary dogs in Burnt Tower.

I have been playing on my phone using VGBA. I understand the solution to fixing it is by playing it on VBA on my computer, and then transferring the file back. I am unable to do this. Are there any other solutions?

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
@charizardguy,,yur using which phone,,trying replacing bios file and restarting the game!!
I too face the problem,,but after two or three tries it worked and now i can play it!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
I can't seem to open the Liquid Crystal .gba in AdvanceMap, I get the following error: '(EStringListError) List index (121) out of bounds'
I want to do this because I wanted to give the Name Rater script to someone in Violet City (where I am up to at the moment) so I can change the name of my Pokémon. (I would use a save editor but the only one I know of is Enciclopedia, which creates a corrupt .sav) Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I can't download the file. It keeps saying,"Slow Down! You are trying to download files too quickly. You must wait (number of seconds/minutes) before you may download another file." And I haven't downloaded anything.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2012
Laz, I doubt you will ever read this, but thanks so much for this amazing hack. It's so full of secrets and new areas and it all feels legitimate. I haven't been as immersed in a pokemon game since R/B/Y. It's an amazing remake. You did alot of credit to crystal, and I would go as far as to say all your additional dungeons, wild pokemon and plotlines have vastly improved upon it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
My issue somehow solved itself. I just kept retrying and eventually I got past it.

Anyone managed to find the water stone dealer yet?

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
I think the daycare center does not work!!
Both the man and lady says the same sentense and does not take any pokemon!!
I tried many times but still the same.

Ohh damn what i just saw,,
it was snowing,,can't believe my eyes,
i got out from the house of the man who tells about stat,at the northern gate of goldenrod city and it was snowing!!
Wow saw it first time :-D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
I can't seem to open the Liquid Crystal .gba in AdvanceMap, I get the following error: '(EStringListError) List index (121) out of bounds'
I want to do this because I wanted to give the Name Rater script to someone in Violet City (where I am up to at the moment) so I can change the name of my Pokémon. (I would use a save editor but the only one I know of is Enciclopedia, which creates a corrupt .sav) Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

You have to use the earlier version of AdvanceMap. I forgot the exact number, but when you use the toolpack (name of which I also forgot) there are two versions of AMap to use, you have to use the older one.

Back