• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Years
I chose Mudkip in Sapphire and Charmander in Leaf Green.
Mudkip will always be my favourite starter since Sapphire was my first game. :D

Peach Fresca

Underrated Pokémon Fanatic
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
Ruby - Treeko(SP?).
Leafgreen - Bulbasaur.
Emerald - Mudkip.
Emerald [Second Time Around] - Torchic.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Torchic and Charmander... Until gen. 5, I've never liked any grass starters much, and the only Water Pokemon I ever make a point of getting is Azumaril (or Starmie in gen. 1). In FR I abandoned my starter once I got Elyssa's Farfetch'd.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 26, 2011
My first pokemon game was firered when I was seven.I got A female charmander as my starter.She is now A charizard at Lv.100, Ive had her for six years now!And im never gonna trade her! EVER!

I got sapphire a few months later and chose mudkip, dont no what happened to him though. :/

Last edited:

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
In Sapphire: Mudkip. Who doesn't liek mudkipz?

In Fire Red: Squirtle. My personal favorite out of the Hoenn/Kanto starters. :)

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
Years
In fire red, I picked Bublasuar, but next time I play I plan to choose Charmander, becuase I love it so.
I also picked Mudkip on Sapphire, but my love has since turned to torchic. Go chicken.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Treecko in Sapphire, because Sceptile is the sexiest grass-type pokemon ever and don't let any cherrim-obsessed admin tell you any differently. XD

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2011
Charmander in my FireRed, Mudkip for Ruby and Treecko for Sapphire.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
  • Age 31
  • SA
  • Seen Nov 14, 2010
Emerald: Mudkip
FireRed: Bulbasaur

However, neither Swampert nor Venusaur ever seem to make it into my "final" teams.

tobi-ksla

Years
For me, I chose Mudkip in both Sapphire and Emerald. I have a preference for Water Starters, which started since Blue and Red.

Speaking of Red, Squirtle was my FireRed Starter. You can thank the fact that I had Squirtle back in Red and Blue.

Back