• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
This got second paged?! I wont let it happen. Also skeetendo I love sterling silver the cry of celebi.
On topic: How the hack going. Also I read aroud and saw simplynaruto found your old thread and the german dude. So a hitler lookalike gym leader....COOOL!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2021
Oh I will LOVe to play this! I have a rumorI just remembered.

YOu have to get a MissingNO. and teach him/her/it strength, then go to a SZ and catch a Horsea (Which was NEVER in the SZ!), iif you catch one you will get an HM called 'Super Strengtrh'. You will now be able to push the truck away for Mew.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Hello hello! Sorry to keep you waiting! The demo would have been out some time ago if it hadnt been for the fact I had to dissapear to make sure I didn't fail any bloody classes. But now that I'm out for summer things are running smoothly. Could have it done tonight or tomorrow unless somethign unforseen happens, all that is left is various bug fixes and re-doing mt moon (I decided playing through it that the same Mt Moon we can all go through in our sleep won't quite do, thought it would be a neat ida to kinda revamp it and make it more interesting. So that is being done now and the demo should be out either later tonight or tomorrow. If it isn't, feel free to flame me. lol

dude120

Rom hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2009
Hello hello! Sorry to keep you waiting! The demo would have been out some time ago if it hadnt been for the fact I had to dissapear to make sure I didn't fail any bloody classes. But now that I'm out for summer things are running smoothly. Could have it done tonight or tomorrow unless somethign unforseen happens, all that is left is various bug fixes and re-doing mt moon (I decided playing through it that the same Mt Moon we can all go through in our sleep won't quite do, thought it would be a neat ida to kinda revamp it and make it more interesting. So that is being done now and the demo should be out either later tonight or tomorrow. If it isn't, feel free to flame me. lol

Great! Hope to see a beta/alpha soon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021

At last it's making his appearance!:D :*

Way to go man!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, I'm not going to get overexcited, because when I hear the word "bug fixing" I know that may be done quickly, or take more time than expected (maybe more on a GBC hack?), but still, hoping that you can manage to release it soon.

I cannot wait to see how the game'll look, good luck with the fixing! :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
The Demo is freaking great ^^
I love this hack... It's pretty neat :)
Are you going to include any beta GSC stuff in it? XD

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2009
It looks so AWESOME so far!! *Busy squinting to see what the Unknown on the 'going into battle' screen spell out*

*Edit*
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 6, 2023
Every 30 seconds the game freezes and lags for about 5 seconds. Is this a bad silver rom, or does this happen in the beta? I'm using VBA.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Every 30 seconds the game freezes and lags for about 5 seconds. Is this a bad silver rom, or does this happen in the beta? I'm using VBA.

I'm guessing that would be a bad silver rom, it doesn't do that when I play on VBA. Could also be something odd with your settings or if you have some other program runnign it might be causing it all to lag.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2009
I'm guessing that would be a bad silver rom, it doesn't do that when I play on VBA. Could also be something odd with your settings or if you have some other program runnign it might be causing it all to lag.

Yeah, I'm using VBA too, and mine's playing fine.

Ooooh, so that's the deal with the snoozin' Pidgey. Come to think of it, I think sometimes if you Headbutted certain Pokemon out of trees at night, they'd be asleep, so that makes sense.

X3 Skeetendo, you are a genius. You're doing something that no Pokemon game for YEARS has been able to make me do.... read all the signs and talk to everyone, just to see what they say. I don't think I've done that since my ORIGINAL Red!

On another note, is everyone's ID# 10101, or am I just idiotically lucky? o_o

Also, since this IS a Silver hack, are there Shiny Pokemon, even though there weren't any in the original games?

*Edit: Bug report*
When using the PC, Bill's PC already says Bill's PC, even though we haven't met Bill yet. Is that on purpose?
Also, when opening the PC's main menu, the character will be standing on TOP of the menu. >.> Kinda odd...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 6, 2023
It's still doing it on another version of the rom. If I use a save file from the original one, and play it on the cleanly patched rom, would it still be messed up?

....Do a barrel roll!

Last edited:

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Using a save file from the original rom and playing on a clean patched rom shouldnt cause any problems as far as I know.

On him standing on top of the menu, I am working on how to fix that. it is a side effect of the hack allowign us to use larger tileset graphics and have more map blocks.

Bill's PC still says Bill's PC because I have not found out how to make it say "Someone's PC" until you meet him yet, but if there is a way it will be be changed as soon as I work it out.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
The Demo is out! Check the first post for the link! Enjoy!

YEAHHHHHHHH!XD

I'm going try it right now!

So this is a hack of silver?(Just now I noticed O.o)

I haven't ever before seen one - most hacks of 2nd generation are from gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back