• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infernape/Garbodor.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
A deck that i just randomly thought up a few mins ago. Completely in the planning stages of this deck, so just go with it.

Pokemon
  • 4-1-4 Infernape (Torment)
  • 2-2 Garbodor (Garbotoxin)
  • 0/2 Big basics
Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 4 Other supporters
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 3/5 Level/Ultra Ball
  • 4 Catcher
  • 2 Plasma Frigate
  • 4 Float Stones
  • 2/4 Silver Bangles/Mirrors
  • 1/2 Tool Scrappers
  • 3 Max potion
  • 4 Rare Candy
Energy
  • 8 Fire
  • 4 Plasma
Strategy
Basically all you have to do is get infernape up with 1 energy and torment things down 120 or less and knock out with malevolent fire. Attach 1 energy and go again. Anything with only 1 attack or an ability is made useless as soon 1 torment gets off. Sure they can retreat but, they can always retreat. Thus taking care of Deoxys, Darkrai, Keldeo, Blastoise, Virizion, Genesect, and a bunch other pokemon that are purely used for one of their attacks like Absol, Thundurus, Black Kyurem Ex, sableye, and so forth.

With Garbotoxin in the mix, it shuts down blastoise decks, weakens VirGen/TDK decks. It also weakens of a bunch of rogue decks that focus on weird gimmicks like Trubbish, made even more in your favor with torment.

Granted a 2nd step deck is never super consistent, but it only requires 1 energy to start and can still hit hard with only the cost of 2 energy.

Any thoughts on what could go horribly wrong with this deck aside from lack of consistency? And i guess silver mirror... But what can you do against it aside from tool scrap it away.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
So i tried this deck out at league. It had like no consistency. Which is weird because my dragonite/garbodor deck is almost exactly the same as this one, just less consistent in terms of cards. But it is overall more consistent with the addition of grass energy and 2 tropius. Tropius is just an amazing card. It helps consistency with its 1 energy attack return, and is a decent attacker with its second attack.

I just dont know what to say about my dragonite/garbodor/tropius deck. Other than i think i stumbled on to a great deck.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
no, i have just the right amount of energy. Infernape attacks with 2 energy at most. Having 12 energy in the deck means that i can fully charge infernape 6 times. Any more and it would be over kill and i needed more trainer cards anyway.

Also in hawaii is where the league i go to.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
not really. I did change it up a bit.

3-1-3 Infernape
2-2 Garbodor
2 Tropius

4 Blend energy
2 Prism Energy
6 fire Energy
Very similar to my dragonite deck. But less effective and more fun.

13 pokemon is plenty for a competitive deck.

Years
needs a Mewtwo

If you're concerned about Silver Mirror, why not run 3 or 4 Tool Scrapper? It'll help against Float Stones on Keldeos as well as against Silver Mirrors! and also insignificant things like Giant Cape. :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I've built a similar deck online, doesnt work that well. But it works wonders against tool time decks. Both being able to torment the only attack away, and being able to tool drop myself. It also has access to garbodor to prevent more than 6 items on the field of my opponent + 1 for my side. Leaving it only being able to do 140 damage, max. As well as preventing tool reversal shenanigans at the same time. All in all, its almost a better counter than my dragonite/garbodor deck.

Eitherway the weakness of fire types is quite apparent with this deck. It struggles against 2 of the top tier decks, just because infernape is weak to water.

Back