• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon MORPG Project

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Yeah, I know hamachi...its a very bad program according to a few trusted critics. First everyone has to download and install it and its a virus?

Thanks though :). If the server is not properly fixed by the update I will definately use it untill something else crops up. I might even get it back up with a small new demo just for a few days for everyone.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2009
Did this game suport PvP ?
Isn't it be more fun if the pokemon league not just beating E4 but a Pokemon League like in the anime, where many player compete to earn the title og pokemon Master ?

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Yes, the game will support PvP, trading, chatting etc...

Also yes thats a very good idea that has already taking a bit of thought, although we cant do anything on it untill the battle is completely done. And on a side note, I personally have moved on to programming attacks (all of them of course), and have over 500 lines of code done already on it, which is alot. I think I will be almost 2/5 way through by the end of today :). This marks most of the battle system and I think that I will be releasing a demo of the battle system sooner than I expected. If you want to help PM me - you will get credit and alot of thanks, many hands make light work and this is quite a hard thing for me to tackle on my own. It requires no programming knowledge also :).

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Sorry can you repeat that? You made a few typos I think ;).

Just then I programmed a further 353 lines of code for every attacks "damage", along with the previous attack names. I will finish of the types and then there will only be two other main things on the attacks. I am almost exactly halfway through in 2.5 days, so expect it all to be complete hope fully in 4 days from now. I'll inform you all more soon :).

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
I would help you if you wanted...Youd have to send me game maker and the rest of it cause I dont have it but i do know quite a bit about the main game maker system.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Sure, but I dont think that you can do very much at the moment, its just basic programming which is a mess (in who's doing waht), and adding another person would be a negative affect, lol. Do you have any mapping skills? If you do can you please post a basic example of your work please.

Good news guys: I am getting very bored of this tedious programming, and I have decided to try and work on putting together the game again into the next demo. I think that all the attacks have been programmed, I programmed over half, and a kind person raised their hand to do the rest. I should have cody working on the battle system also, but the problem is stats and putting them ingame. I have also decided to try and rid myself of the auto-updater, and get patchs instead so there will be less to download. I am working also on cleaning up the forums and will probably move everything into an inisable bin, keeping everyones posts. The forums have decided to be the official dates and times, so refer to it for things like that. More importantly on it are a few useful links, cody has put up a site that tells people what the staffs times are, and you can have your name added to it if you want.
Any idea's on gameplay would be great as I want a few cool things in this demo that others havn't seen in a fangame before :).

Thanks everyone also that supports this game - you make our (the staff) world go round, its amazing how positive a comment can be :).

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
W00T!! Absolute awesomeness! The server is FINNALY working and properly! I think that we can expect almost NO problems at the moment with the server, for the time being. This means the demo will now be confirmed to come out! Another piece of great news is that Cody (or Jacksparrow) has brilliantly coded the pokedex layout, all we have to do is fill in the major scripts :). The attacks are coming along nicely now, and will be done very soon. Then major work on the battle system will begin, with probably Cody (yet again, lol) will work it as usual. He is doing most of the major things in coding at the moment, and for that I promoted him to an Administrator on the forums and game. I am trying to get the pokemaart to work, and there has been progress on that already in the 1 hour that I've been working on it.

The problem is that I have so many small things I need to fix, for instance the chat, room transition, and tiles are all incorrect, along with having to redo ALL the mapping etc...Not fun. But I will have all of those done soon I hope. Its rather good news and I am starting to think that the release will definately be under the original 1/7/08 I was considering. Good news all around, :).

The last major thing that I am trying to do is the entire day/night/season/weather events. This is a bit complex to put in at a stable time (not really, just a fair bit of work) so we are going to make the system REAL TIME BASED. Yes, this does fix the issue of time-zones, so you are not playing in a sunny game when its dark. The visual affects are going to be added also so it makes better screenshots.

Updates later, thanks!

BuizelFan

Marvel Fan
Years
Just a small suggestion that's probably already been tackled before, but why not make it so that people can walk over other people and be in the same space?

I mean synchronized walking can get kind of annoying and be slightly problematic when two people wanna go into the same space, or if people stop in front of a door.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Yup, thats been tackled before, I also thought that. What if two people had to go to the same point? They would be continuesly moving around each other, let alone if there where 20, ;).

I think I might post screenshots on the 5th hopefully. By then we might have everything looking nice and neat. I will also be mapping all of kanto, johto, and possibly the other regions, but those two are my main priority. This will take place after the demo has been released, its a little big for now. Look forward to screenies soon!

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Good news guys. The demos release date is set to the 31st of this month :D. That leaves us about 3 weeks to to a HEC of a lot of work, lol. I have already done about 25% of the things on my list, but a few staff members are caught up in schoolwork, so I'll be doing a few extra things. I'M looking forward to playing it, free of bugs and with battle and with other people, not just me lol. :D

Back