• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project X Zone (3DS)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
23780-project_x_zone_release_date_header_image.jpg

Sooo, Project X Zone; this game was originally only made for Japan, but, it's now being released overseas to North America on June 25, 2013, Australia on July 4, 2013, and in Europe on July 5, 2013. If you don't know what this game is about, it's basically a a crossover tactical role-playing game for the 3Ds that features characters from the Namco Bandai, Capcom, and Sega Games. The battle system is called the Cross Active Battle System, wherein pressing the A button in combination with the Circle Pad performs up to five basic attack combos. If you wanna learn more, check out here: http://namcobandaigames.com/console/project-x-zone

There's also a limited edition bundle that has Limited Edition packaging, a Mini-poster, a Mini-art book, and a Game soundtrack. All only available day one. Anyways, with this game due in just a couple of week sin North America, what do you think of the game? Will you be purchasing it? Why or Why not? Got any hopes, or disappointments?

Feel free to share your thoughts here!

Years
It looks interesting, but I don't feel I know enough of the characters to fully enjoy the concept. Of the series involved I've only played Resident Evil & Tekken. While I recognise some others, I still feel I wouldn't appreciate them much.

That aside, it also looks pretty poor graphically given the 3DS' capabilities. It looks like the game could've worked on DS.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I am going to buy it but it pisses me of that in europe we dont get many bundles with the games.Actually i think we only have console bundles.It is not a bad thing but i wish i could just get the whole bundle from here not to order it.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Definitely gonna buy this one. I've given the first game a lot of playtime and it's pretty addicting. The roster does seem to have gotten smaller, but still pretty happy with. Excited to see Sanger (SRW), the Sakura Wars characters, and the ToV characters too. Surprising not too see a representative for the Soul series, given that it's one of Namco's most well known.

I would have like to have seen Regina from Dino Crisis return, but that series is all but dead, so it's not really a surprise; same with Volnutt and Roll from MML.

Renyui!

ascender
Years
I played the demo, and the battle system was intriguing, and the sprite design was lovely - to that point, simply because a game is sprite-based doesn't mean it is poor graphically, some would argue that they prefer seeing sprites in modern video gaming. Regardless, I'm not sure I'll be picking this up, since I only connect with a few of the characters, and I don't know how they'd be able to make a sustainable story with that many characters mashed together. Sure, in a 2D fighter it works, but in a SRPG? I'll have to see if another demo can sway me.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Played the demo, like some parts of it, hated others. The game seemed fun, but it seems like one of those games that gets incredibly difficult later on, and then nearly impossible to beat. I don't care much for the story or characters though, because I'm only familiar with a few of the franchises featured. Loved the sprites though!

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
My thoughts..

I like the characters but not the game genre (fighting arena). I can't play Megaman in this kind of brawler (though he looks amazing in Super Smash U). I guess I'm too used to their roles. Dante is more awesome when he's slaying hordes of demons in my opinion! I'm happy they stuck with silver hair Dante though! :) Ryu fits in nicely for obvious reasons. Yuri Lowell actually fits pretty well since the Tales game is mostly a battle arena anyways. I think I see a .hack character in there, but I don't think he fits good in this. I don't know any of those other characters though..

I love Capcom and a lot of their characters, but not when the characters that are mashed together into this type of fighting game (oy I'm a hypocrite, since I love "Smash" games, but it's seems like so much more just an just a 2D arena brawler even though it IS!). I'd be more excited to see a new Megaman X/Legends game..or anything..but not another arena fighting game. >_< I've already recently seen him pop up in three different fighting games already.

(Okay yes, I realized it, I am a hypocrite and biased to Super Smash games because the stages are large and I know every one of the characters. ^ ^ ;)

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I thought the system was pretty weird at first since I learned that it wasn't a fighting game, but after playing the demo, it was.. pretty addicting to play! I mean, I really like that combo system; you can't just press buttons with the right d-pad command; you'd have to plan ahead to deal the maximum amount of damage, as well as consider your supports and specials.

Well, I'm not exactly used to it yet because... I thought it was pretty tough to do without healing a lot of times, but, eh.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I thought the system was pretty weird at first since I learned that it wasn't a fighting game, but after playing the demo, it was.. pretty addicting to play! I mean, I really like that combo system; you can't just press buttons with the right d-pad command; you'd have to plan ahead to deal the maximum amount of damage, as well as consider your supports and specials.

Well, I'm not exactly used to it yet because... I thought it was pretty tough to do without healing a lot of times, but, eh.
I actually LOST the battle on my first playthrough on the demo. It was because I spread people out, so I didn't have support, couldn't rescue, and didn't know how to heal.
Of course, I won the second time. But still...if losing makes you start a short battle like that over again, imagine losing on one of the bigger, late-game battles. I don't want to have that happen to me.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I played the demo and I thought it was awesome. I am definitely planning to get it... that is if I can scrounge up enough money for it. I don't recognize every single character, but I know a fair amount > 3<

tabor62

Years
Eh? Don't you lose your money or something if you preorder and never pick up? Also I finally preordered online it just yesterday, so it should come in sometime this week. Excited for the game, loved the demo > 3< But boy, it seems like it'll be a pretty difficult game haha.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Eh? Don't you lose your money or something if you preorder and never pick up? Also I finally preordered online it just yesterday, so it should come in sometime this week. Excited for the game, loved the demo > 3< But boy, it seems like it'll be a pretty difficult game haha.

It is not hard really.You just have to get used at how the combos work.

tabor62

Years
It is not hard really.You just have to get used at how the combos work.

Eh, now I want to play the demo again >.< I really hate how the demo only has 5 uses, I gotta get some practice in before I play the actual game. Though I assume the demo is the beginning of the game.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It's not that hard of a game, actually! You just have to watch your characters limitations as well as keep track of your combos. The only thing annoying is withstanding multiple enemies' attacks, so, you'd have to keep using your potions and crap. Ugh.

But for the most part, this game is pretty good, imo!

Xolace

✿♥✿
Years
I'll definitely be picking this up. It's a pretty unique game if you ask me. I love that they went with sprites over 3D models.

There are way too many characters to not love this game.

Preorderd and picking up as soon as GS opens tomorrow. :)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Avoided trying out the demo, so this is my first time getting a feel for it. Only up to prologue 4, but the gameplay feels pretty similar to the first game. They changed the combo system a bit, and added pairing up with solo units, but other than, it's the same. Roster is a lot smaller though but it's fun; hearing the remixed tracks is awesome too.

A lot of favorites didn't return for me, but hey, at least Valkyrie's still here. {:3}

tabor62

Years
Finally received my copy in the mail yesterday. I was too tired so I barely started playing today in the morning, and I love the playing style already. It's a shame I don't get to use more characters from the beginning, but that's to be expected of course. Also I barely found out why Heihachi Mishima looked so young XD Drugs are bad 'kay?

Back