• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Mystery Universe [PMD MMO]

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
[a id]e[/a id]
Pokémon Mystery Universe
[alink id=a]About[/alink id] | [alink id=b]Plot Teaser[/alink id] | [alink id=c]Features[/alink id] | [alink id=d]Media[/alink id] | [alink id=f]Getting Started[/alink id] | Download Page | Website
PMU is a multiplayer online game that is based on the spin-off Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series.
Coded in C#
[a id]a[/a id]About
[alink id=e]Back to Menu ^[/alink id]​

explorers.png

For anyone who has played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon before, you will find PMU to be a familiar sight! Everything that you loved doing in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series can be done in PMU!

Want to join a rescue team? Want to explore the world, find new dungeons, and build a team of strong and unique pokemon? Or perhaps you want to rest for a short while and decorate your house. You can do all this and more! You won't be alone either! Play with players from around the world as you train and explore!

Ready to play?

The installer requires the latest Microsoft .NET Framework Applications. Download .NET Framework 4 in Microsoft Download Center

Support us and spread the word!

pmuadbanner.png

HTML:
[URL="http://pmuniverse.net"][IMG]http://pmuniverse.net/images/pmuadbanner.png[/IMG][/URL]
[a id]b[/a id]Plot Teaser

After a catastrophic disaster that spans centuries ago …

Prepare yourself - once again - for one of the biggest Pokémon surprises ever, as the hidden world of Pokémon lures in a human trainer! Turning YOU into a Pokémon that can understand the languages of all 493!

But this time, your stay isn't all fun and games – as your perilous journey takes you through snowy mountains, dense forests and across fields of rumbling thunder and molten lava!

A change that would come as a surprise to anyone - waking up as a human trapped in a Pokémon's body - things take a turn for the worst at your first encounter of Team Psy, whose intentions are far from good! From then on - there's no turning back from your fate as an explorer!

With the help of a newfound friends, and a rather lenient Eevee – you'd best prepare yourself for an adventure that will span across the ages, and truly unravel the mysterious history of Pokémon Mystery Universe!

[a id]c[/a id]Features

* Evolution
* Recruitable Pokemon
* weather and effects
* Explorer Kit will provide you with tools that will help with your exploration
* Pokemon can be afflicted with status ailments
* Pokemon learn moves as they level up
* mission system
* Players are able to skin the GUI thanks to the new skinning feature
* All players get a free house to decorate
* held item system similar to PMD's
* You can create parties with other players to aid in exploration
* Belly system
* The mystery dungeon system has been vastly improved. Now each floor in a random dungeon is truly unique!
* And much more!

[a id]d[/a id]Media

[a id]f[/a id]Getting Started
Here's just some controls and commands to get you start moving.

guide1.png

Using moves: Once you learn some moves through leveling(some moves may be skipped over) hold either W, A, S, D (these are move keys) an aim tile should appear(unless it's an area effect move or an empty move slot) press F while holding the move key.

Public Messages:[creates messages in the public chat] add a ' before your message

Partying with others: When you are in a party you are restricted to use only your leader pokemon. You can only add up to four players. You cannot switch your team of recruits once you are in party mode. So you want to make sure you have the pokemon you want to train as team leader. You can switch team leader in Chimecho Assembly. Parties are only effective if the team leader pokemon are pretty near as far as levels go and on the same map when fighting off pokemon for exp.

It all starts with a crew leader forming a party with /createparty

Users who want to join the party must me right next to the party leader and type /joinparty "party leader name" (quotes are only necessary if they have a space in their name) Take note that the name should be typed exactly the way it looks above their name. It's case sensitive.

/leaveparty to leave the party. If the party leader uses this command the whole party will disband.

/wb "player name" (quotes are only necessary if they have a space in their name) automatically creates a welcome message

/poke "insert something here" (quotes are unnecessary)

/praise "insert something here" (quotes are unnecessary)

/away this command gives off a message that you are away or returning and a "[away]" should appear next to you name. Type to return.

/status "insert something here" (quotes are unneccessary) it makes a status message. For example if typed "/status AFK" you name gets "[AFK]" next to it. Very useful if you are in a certain mood or doing something. Type /status without anything to remove it.

Shift [the one located at the left side of the keyboard] it allows you to run while holding it with the arrow keys

Home button changes you pokemon's direction

F11 Creates a screenshot and store it in you client folder under the screenshots
Usually it's like this (unless placed under another directory or within a device)
C: \Program Files\Pokemon Mystery Universe\Client\Screenshots

/leavehouse allows you to leave a player's house.

/edithouse Opens up the editor when you are in your home

/giveup give up in a dungeon or area. It takes you back to the Crossroads.

/trade "player name" (quotes are only necessary if they have a space in their name) Allows you to trade with another (there may be certain items that are not tradeable)

Pokemon™ Mystery Universe is a non-profit game no way related to Nintendo. © Pokemon™ Mystery Universe 2010. Some Rights Reserved. All media and conceptual design © Nintendo 2010. Pokemon characters and images belong to Pokemon USA, Inc. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokemon Company, Chunsoft, Pokemon USA, Inc. or Wizards of the Coast.

Last edited:

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Interesting, but why again with the plot of a human transforming into a Pokemon?
And is this online? Unless you have a good server, the game might lag, if everyone is gonna play on it.

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
Pretty much, it sort of connects to the beginning of the game which isn't exactly the same as the official game. The plot itself is still sort of work in progress to be honest.

Yes, it is a massive multiplayer online game and it should be on.
Being around over two years, the game has been familiar with the dreaded lag.

The game server has been optimized to hold a good load, thanks to the programmers.
We are still working on an actual dedicated server, though lack the funds for that.
We are just making due with an extra computer of mine.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2010
I dont find it very interesting, especially playing as pokemon itself :s anyway Im glad to see someone working on something that is not that game maker :)

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
Sounds like you are just not much of a fan in the Mystery Dungeon series, I can respect other peoples tastes.
Really? Huh, I always thought playing as you favorite pokemon is sooo fun~ That's What got me into the game in the first place.
Wouldn't hurt to try it though ;D

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I dont find it very interesting, especially playing as pokemon itself :s anyway Im glad to see someone working on something that is not that game maker :)
Why not ? :D
It sure has more RPG feeling in it instead of having a trainer to use.
*Refers to Final Fantasy games and others ;)

Btw, I've never played Mystery Dungeon, no idea why though...

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Doesn't the idea of a person turning into a Pokémon clash with the idea of a large multiplayer enviroment?

Unless there's some jerk running around turning hundreds of dudes into Pokémon for the lulz the concept of being a random Pokémon in the Mystery Dungeon universe (or indeed a separate universe with no ties to the human world altogether) lends itself much better for a MMO type of game, like how a lot of MMOs based on existing entities cast the player as a generic person in the world.

(And I hate the "person turned into a Pokémon" plot device anyway)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
sounds nice XP. I like the idea of being able to form your parties with other actual people, giving the game a much more strategic feel (e.g. divide and conquer). I would definitely be a story writer/artist/spriter for this, especially since I've tried to make pmd games in the past. I've stopped spriting for a while now tho, so I'd have to get back into it. But I'd be glad to do concept art XP

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
Eh, the human turning to a pokemon is more of a reborn concept into the mix. In the gameplay you start out as an egg. We've kinda sticked to that on the beginning for a long while.

@Andinator: That would be nice, though there are requirements. Topic located in the within the game's forums under Game Discussion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
dwnloading right nao XP. btw, you should make a team of "pro" people so that you can shoot video's of the team going up against dungeons!!

And you should have an ability to make a guild (pay with real cash?)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
My bad, guess I'll just mention the the location.

Just put a link to it in your signature - there's nothing against that in the rules. Just be sure to keep it out of your posts from now on.

dwnloading right nao XP. btw, you should make a team of "pro" people so that you can shoot video's of the team going up against dungeons!!

And you should have an ability to make a guild (pay with real cash?)

Since they are using another company's intellectual property asking for money from players would probably result in a lawsuit - so it wouldn't really be the brightest idea.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I've actually played the mystery dungeon games, and I liked them, the whole (semi) realtime battling is more enjoyable than normal pokemon games imo. It did tend to get repeative, but thats mainly gamefreaks fault.

im looking forward to this.

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
I've actually played the mystery dungeon games, and I liked them, the whole (semi) realtime battling is more enjoyable than normal pokemon games imo. It did tend to get repeative, but thats mainly gamefreaks fault.

im looking forward to this.

Speaking of that, I think we're keeping it realtime thoughout the game rather than turn-based like in the dungeons.

Last edited:

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
@Jasmine: Wonderful you feel that way! ^^

Has this game been finished? It's really good and creates the feeling of it being finished. So, I was just wondering if it is?

Good question, not just yet. We still have bugs to fix and features to implement in-game. Though we did got most of the basic things down in the game. Though this game has been in development for 3 years and still continuing. So it's been in a lengthy process.

Back