• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: Emerald Star

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Pokemon: Emerald Star
Hack of: Pokemon Emerald (U)
This is a side-hack of Pokemon Emerald I'm working on since 29th April.
It's an updated version of Emerald with parts of both 386 hacks and hard versions.
Features:
Stats and movesets of many Pokemon were updated.
The player can catch most (Around 3/4) of non-legendary Pokemon in the game.
The game is more of a challenge (though still not like "extreme" versions) and all rosters are edited.
De-capitalisation of Pokemon names, attacks, abilites etc. to match the BW style.
Most attacks that were updated in BW have their BW power and other standards, as well there are some power-ups to other attacks.
Pokemon that evolve by trading now evolve by Happiness.
Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Downloads:
Mediafire ~Alpha 2
Information:
- The game is edited till Norman's battle.
Bugs/oddities:
- The PokeNav rematches are unedited. I will work on this after finishing the first 8 gyms.
- A few trainers might be unedited.
- (Report any eventual bugs)
Tools used:
Advance Trainer - HackMew
Advance Map - LU-HO
YAPE - silver314
Move Editor - FinalZero
De-Capitalisation patch - Wichu

Last edited:

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
First Post!

This looks intresting! going to try it out now.
Thanks! ^^
Updated with Alpha 1.4.
It goes to Gym Leader Wattson, you can also battle trainers on Route 117, 118 and southern 111 (Including Winstrates). I have also fixed a few bugs and changed some wild encounters.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
wow this hack looks awesome, look forward to trying it out when its done

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
wow this hack looks awesome, look forward to trying it out when its done
Thanks! ^_^
If I will keep up with that pace, it will be done very quickly.
UPDATE
I have released Alpha 2. It goes up to Norman, but doesn't include the Route 111 Desert.
The National Dex was implented, you can access it when Birch gives you the Pokedex automatically.
A few trainers might be unedited.
I will update the thread with screenshots to prove that the game is progressing.
After completing the 8 gyms, I will go massive stat & moveset upgrading and will edit PokeNav rematches.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Word of advice, when editing stats remember to remain consistent. The last thing you would want to do is break the gameplay.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Word of advice, when editing stats remember to remain consistent. The last thing you would want to do is break the gameplay.
Of course. I tried to be as fair with stats as I can be. The weak standalone Pokemon now have around 450-470 BST. Those are basically most of the edits I have done.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
does his hack include all starters and legendary pokemon catchable?
Nope. That would be too messy. I might include starters, but legendaries won't be catchable for sure.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
uh quick question can you possibly add a new download link
the one posted doesnt worl

Back