• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I got tired of hatching Litwicks and decided to IV breed Staryu and Magnemite, and I also hatched some more Eevees. I got up to 61 Staryu and 23 Magnemite. I got what I wanted IV wise with Staryu, so I'm done with that one. The Magnemite I hatched mostly had bad IVs, so I'll have to work some more on that one. I also got up to 17 of Eevee. After that I missed hatching Litwick, so I returned to doing that. So far I have hatched 654. I hope I get a shiny soon. I hatched a third Litwick that randomly had two perfect IVs, this time in Sp. Atk and Sp. Def. When I'm done with Litwick I'll return to IV breeding Magnemite, and then I will try to hatch a shiny Archen, which is my favorite gen 5 Pokémon. I wasn't planning on hatching Archens anytime soon until I found out here that nature breeding can be done using males now too, and my Archeops has a Jolly nature, which is the nature I want to breed, so that will be my next shiny hunt after Litwick. Sandile and Axew are the other two I want to hatch in the future, which I mentioned before, when I catch ones that have Jolly natures.

Good luck on the Manaphy and Drifloon hunts, G-Money!

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
A SHINY DRAWING CONTEST?!

I'm in, let's draw some shiny birds + plucked chicken Moltres.

I'm working on getting off my butt and beat Heartgold's Kanto region so I get some shiny birds.
Did more Sr'ing on Cobalion today - NO LUCK.

Years

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
*agrees with Metelmario for some reason in asterisks*

Shinies hate me, no wonder I lost Pidgey so fast. Mandibuzz and Tranquill refuse to shine, too.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
I got a good friend into using the Masuda method. He's going for a shiny Vulpix. As for me, I need to get ready for this tournament on June 18th. VGCs here I come lol :P. but I am still working on my Axew hunt I'm at like 300 eggs +

quick question for you guys?

Are there shinies that are "easier" to obtain than others? Like a bidoof for example is that easier than a houndoom? or any other pokemon? I'm curious to know.

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
I got a good friend into using the Masuda method. He's going for a shiny Vulpix. As for me, I need to get ready for this tournament on June 18th. VGCs here I come lol :P. but I am still working on my Axew hunt I'm at like 300 eggs +

Are there shinies that are "easier" to obtain than others? Like a bidoof for example is that easier than a houndoom? or any other pokemon? I'm curious to know.

Nope.

On a shiny hunting break, just have alot of tests coming up so I need my sleep and learning time. 4 weeks left till it's summer break and then I should be able to hunt a lot and OUTSIDE! :D Also started Sudowoodo hunt :) But won't continue it for some time.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I dunno if I should continue with the 4 shines that I'm hunting or restart SoulSilver and hope for a shiny starter =] (I can breed 3 of the 4 shinies with SS anyways)... If you need a reminder, just go back to one of my earlier posts... don't feel like telling it again :P

P.S. - Good luck everybody with your hunting :D

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I suggest breeding your starter with Masuda, restarting to get him/her in Elm's lab gives you a risk, like, you want Totodile but accidently getting Cyndaquil.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I've taken a short break from major hunting to play SS. The game is awesome - having Pokemon follow you around is the best thing since shinies! (I remember wishing you could do that back in 2003, and now my dream has finally come true, "lol.") Other than the eventual Groudon and Latios, I'll do all my SRing in HG, which I'll hopefully get this week.

I hatched a third Litwick that randomly had two perfect IVs, this time in Sp. Atk and Sp. Def.

Congrats! I don't completely understand IVs, but from what I've heard, there's a chance that you can pass them down through breeding. It would be really awesome if you got a shiny Litwick with a perfect IV or two!

A SHINY DRAWING CONTEST?!

I'm in, let's draw some shiny birds + plucked chicken Moltres.

Awesome! I look forward to seeing your artwork. :)

Thaaaanks, making me read SHC posts from 2006! Right when it was at its peak.

Correction: relative peak. Think of the SHC as a cos graph, starting off great (Fall 2004), going down, coming back up, reaching a relative max in Spring 2006, hitting another trough in Fall 2010-Winter 2011, and then coming up again. The only difference is that when the graph hits Summer 2011, it suddenly goes out of control and exponentially approaches infinity (like the right side of x^3) without ever having an inflection point afterwards. :cer_laugh:

Yes, I did just mathmatically solve the SHC:

Fall 2004 - Summer 2011: SHC = cos x
Summer 2011 onwards: SHC = x^3 :D

Yes, some shinies are easier to get than others. Masuda Magikarp is one of the easiest, since it has the least amount of egg steps; the baby Pokemon and starters hatch quickly too.

Even faster are some SRs, depending on your target. A Hoenn starter takes 15 seconds for each reset, so you can see 4 per minute. The 3rd gen games typically have the shortest SR time, so you might want to hunt there, preferably R/S (FR/LG have that intro at the beginning which takes a bit longer, and you have to resave every once and a while).

Is the tournament 4th or 5th gen? If it's 5th, make sure you MM in B/W so that you can pass on natures with an Everstone.

The fastest way would probably be REing. You can Synchronize for natures, but you're not sure of the shiny you'll get. The most likely would be whichever Pokemon appears most commonly on the route.

I'd recommend preparing a non-shiny team first, since it's quite possible that you might not see a shiny until then. (See: G-Money's March, April, and first half of May!) Have a backup team ready, and whenever you get a shiny, you can put it in. Shinies might not always have the best natures or the highest IVs, but they'll look the coolest and you'll get tons of respect for having a shiny team, "lol." I really hope you can get a shiny team for the tournament - you'd be an SHC pride!

In Club News:

• G-Money has been named co-owner of the week yet again, with a whopping 0 bans and 0 strikes given. With 0 votes, he has once again tied his own record for worst co-owner ranking while still *earning* the award.
  • Sources confirm that the SHC has offered lucrative contract offers to several top free agents, citing a need to further boost the roster in order to compete with division rivals. An SHC official released a statement Wednesday noting "The SHC is a highly prestigious organization and should be considered the top destination for the greatest shiny hunters in the game. We feel a need to aggressively pursue established stars in order to remain competitive in an increasingly competitive league. Whether it means offering more money or more years, our organization does whatever it takes to win."
  • Latios Master has extended his streak of longest tenured SHC member to 6 years, 7 months, and 17 days. The ageless wonder is turning in what looks to be his best season yet and has already set career highs in multiple categories.
  • The SHC has selected TheGr8 to represent them at the VGCs on June 18th. An SHC official was not available to comment, but the selection was not unexpected given TheGr's tremendous competitive battling abilities.
  • G-Money is tied with 46 others for first place in the Artwork Contest with an astonishing 0 points. This multi-way tie is not expected to last, taking into account G-Money's complete lack of artistic abilities.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats! I don't completely understand IVs, but from what I've heard, there's a chance that you can pass them down through breeding. It would be really awesome if you got a shiny Litwick with a perfect IV or two!

Thanks! I think each Pokémon hatched take three IVs from it's parents. Power items can be used to pass a certain IV, which I don't have. The Ditto and Chandelure that I'm using don't have any perfect IVs, so the Litwicks I hatch are getting perfect IVs by random. I don't know what the odds are of that happening. I think about 1 in every 20 Litwicks that I hatch end up with a perfect IV. The two parents reached level 100 with how much time I've spent hatching Litwicks. I'm spending about half the time playing White now that I got Dead or Alive: Dimensions on Tuesday. So if I get a shiny Litwick, it probably won't happen anytime soon. So far I've hatched 703 Litwicks. I've hatched around 900 Pokémon using the Masuda Method so far which has resulted in 0 shinies. The Masuda Method hasn't turned out to be as great as I thought it was. It has resulted in a lot of Pokémon with perfect IVs, however.

PokeTrainer87

Playing through Black Version
Years
Whats up shiny hunters! Today i started a shiny hunt on my 3ds in pokemon white. I was gonna MM for a shiny Patrat so i can use it on pokemon black. I started this afternoon around 4 and to my surprise it ended at 7:47. I was only on my 13 egg when the little critter hatched!!! Here are some pics enjoy.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I suggest breeding your starter with Masuda, restarting to get him/her in Elm's lab gives you a risk, like, you want Totodile but accidently getting Cyndaquil.
I'm done with the game anyways, 493 pokemon caught, and most of them were poketransferred to my black version, and I don't mind if I get any of the 3 shinies. Thanks for the input though.

Whats up shiny hunters! Today i started a shiny hunt on my 3ds in pokemon white. I was gonna MM for a shiny Patrat so i can use it on pokemon black. I started this afternoon around 4 and to my surprise it ended at 7:47. I was only on my 13 egg when the little critter hatched!!! Here are some pics enjoy.
Wow... only 13 eggs? Is it that I'm really unlucky or everybody else is just extremely lucky? (others have gotten it in like less than 10 tries)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Hi everyone, nothing new except training a shiny team to beat the battle tower; had to change my previous team to one of only shinies.

Congrats for the shiny patrat poketrainer87.

To G-Money: Wow, those are interesting news, congrats for the awards.

To TheGr8: Good luck, surely you'll win.

About the shiny drawing contest, don't know what to draw but I guess I'll be participating.

In my next post I'll try to update my hunts, good luck and happy hunting.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Yes!

For some reason, I have luck now. And believe me, I'm incredibly grateful!

So people, allow me to explain. As I have said before, I am on a quest to get all the dragon and fire type shinies of every generation. I do not make progress quickly; I declared this goal over a year ago, and I've yet to make a huge dent in it. But on May 26th at about 11:17 PM, I got one step closer to reaching my goal!

What shiny did I get?

Shiny Swablu!

I have pictures and a video, but it is late, and I am too lazy to upload them. I will tell you, however, that my newfound beauty is female, captured at level 17 with a Premier Ball. It has a Careful nature, and it will certainly become a shiny Altaria! It appeared after exactly 6402 encounters Of course, I will upload the video (bad because I speak softly) and pictures tomorrow.

Good luck to all!

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
WAAAAT?

That's just evil, I've always wanted a female shiny Swablu with a Careful Nature. You're lucky! Train her well!

So, I just got off my procrastination butt and started drawing the bird picture, oh, and to all, no shinies yet.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Patrat, PokeTrainer87!

Congrats on the shiny Swablu, Fufu!

Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club, TamaTurtle!

I haven't hatched any Litwicks since my last post.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Wow G-Money and the SHC. That means a lot to me, and surely hope to not disappoint you guys in anyway, going with a few of my friends will be good as well.

@G-Money, I would have if I had more pokes that were shiny and it's gen v. lol

Good luck on your hunts everyone, I've gotten to about 400 SR's for Snivy in my White Version while doing everything else :)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
As promised, here are the pictures!
Spoiler:

Next up, I'll be alternating between Torkoal, Spheal, and Cacnea on R/S as well as Paras and Staryu on FR/LG. It feels like it's been forever since my last FR/LG shiny...

Good luck to all!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Activity? :o Shinies? :o Fufu? :o

So far I've hatched 703 Litwicks. I've hatched around 900 Pokémon using the Masuda Method so far which has resulted in 0 shinies. The Masuda Method hasn't turned out to be as great as I thought it was.

Thanks for the info on IVs. It sounds like your imminent shiny Litwick is going to be a powerhouse! :)

Don't worry about your lack of MM shinies so far. 900 eggs hatched is the most I've seen from a Masuda hunt, so you're just on the other end of the spectrum right now. If you keep it up, you're bound to get more shinies more quickly. I'm really starting to doubt that the average MM shiny is 1/1366, since I haven't seen anyone take more than that, and the vast majority have come in under 200 eggs. Maybe it's 1/136.6? Example:

Congrats! Shiny Watchog is universally considered to be a cool shiny, so make sure you give it the love it deserves! :P

When you get a chance, would you mind loaning some luck to Latios Master? He's hatched nearly 70 times more eggs than you...

I'm done with the game anyways, 493 pokemon caught, and most of them were poketransferred to my black version, and I don't mind if I get any of the 3 shinies. Thanks for the input though.

Wow... only 13 eggs? Is it that I'm really unlucky or everybody else is just extremely lucky? (others have gotten it in like less than 10 tries)

I know I've told you this before, but that 493 always amazes me. I'm working on that in SS, and I have around 31, "lol."

I'm not sure if you're unlucky or if everyone else is lucky. There have been way too many cases of people getting MM shinies in less than 100 eggs, and I'd even venture to say that a statistically disproportionate number of shinies have come in 20 eggs or less. I should go back and find all the MM shinies in this thread and see what our average is...

Hi. I am new to the forum but PinkPirate (my wife) assures me that I would be welcome to join this group.

Welcome to the SHC! I was hoping you'd join! PinkPirate told me that you got a shiny Manaphy, and that encouraged me to start my own hunt. As far as I know, you're the only person ever to hatch a shiny Manaphy! I'd love to hear about it. :)

Shiny Swablu!

It's [Just] Fufu! Thanks for posting. :P

Congrats on the shiny Swablu! That's an ambitious quest you have, but if anyone can handle it, it's you. What's that, 71 1/8192 shinies? I think you waived your right ever to claim a lack of luck after shiny number 20, "lol."

Last edited:
Back