• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crescend

Breeder
Years
For pokemon black/white, you can RNG both eggs and wild pokemons and the second post from TwilightBlade on this thread demonstrates how to do it for you. For Black2/White2, the concept is the same but you cannot RNG eggs.

Can't RNG eggs? :/ That was one of my favourite things to do in white 1.. I guess I better keep my old game copy at hand. Shame, I was kinda hoping on moving all of my stuff onto the new game.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Don't scare other users, Mac. They prolly have a DS Lite which is the best for RNG. The newer DS, the more problematic RNG is.

Just trying to let everyone know of the issues... I'll note what I'm using next time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
Hello all! I need help on quite a few things.

Can we rng a level 5 31ivs tepig (new game) after we find our ds parameters? Do we need to abuse our ID/SID? I can't seem to get the ID/SID i want. Using 9.96.3 reporter. Read the smogon guide but failed. Can someone explain in details? I keep getting high actual seconds during the calibration, does this mess up things? SORRY, New to ID/SID abuse.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Try the guide that is in 2nd post of this thread, it might help you. Yes you can RNG a Tepig like this, I remeber that Miakalina had a couple of starters RNGed, maybe you should directly ask her for help?

(I did that once but she had an easier method IIRC)

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
Which one should i read, Capturing Flawless Shiny Pokémon? Do we still need to Abuse our ID/SID to get the tepig I want? Correct me if i am wrong, do you have a specifed guide on rng a starter? I still lost aftering reading all this. Forgive me :( Please Help!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Hello! I'm back! I guess none of you could remember my old posts...Yeah, I'm the one who couldn't hit the delay of Gen 4. And the one who's the noob of this RNG abusing for IVs thing. (Seriously, I can only do RNG abusing for Shiny Pokemon, and those are only for eggs, without hitting delays. I sometimes can't even hit the right frame, blowing the run. -_-) So...I've gotten my copy of Black 2, and I was just wondering how to RNG abuse there. Is there any difference that I must know, and stuff?
Because this is pretty much my first time on picking up Generation 5 RNG and I got the short stick, because egg RNG's gone, apparently. Why, anyway? Maybe wandering NPCs? Too bad I was impatient and rushed to obtain Genesect, because I can't do this whole RNG thing...and it was a good target to do, but I'm still early in the game, so maybe it isn't a good idea anyway. Maybe it'd be better for me to restart or something? Because I really don't wanna do that. So, that's it from me, thanks!

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Which one should i read, Capturing Flawless Shiny Pokémon? Do we still need to Abuse our ID/SID to get the tepig I want? Correct me if i am wrong, do you have a specifed guide on rng a starter? I still lost aftering reading all this. Forgive me :( Please Help!!

You still need to abuse your ID/SID in order to obtain the shiny starter. Here is the guide I picked up from Smogon for you. Hope this will help :)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=30822

Hello! I'm back! I guess none of you could remember my old posts...Yeah, I'm the one who couldn't hit the delay of Gen 4. And the one who's the noob of this RNG abusing for IVs thing. (Seriously, I can only do RNG abusing for Shiny Pokemon, and those are only for eggs, without hitting delays. I sometimes can't even hit the right frame, blowing the run. -_-) So...I've gotten my copy of Black 2, and I was just wondering how to RNG abuse there. Is there any difference that I must know, and stuff?
Because this is pretty much my first time on picking up Generation 5 RNG and I got the short stick, because egg RNG's gone, apparently. Why, anyway? Maybe wandering NPCs? Too bad I was impatient and rushed to obtain Genesect, because I can't do this whole RNG thing...and it was a good target to do, but I'm still early in the game, so maybe it isn't a good idea anyway. Maybe it'd be better for me to restart or something? Because I really don't wanna do that. So, that's it from me, thanks!
First of all, trying to focus on the question that you want to ask. I had a hard time to answer since your questions jump from one thing to another.
For RNG abuse in B2W2, as I said before, the concept is the same as BW and is indicated in TwilightBlade's guide on the 2nd post of this thread. The only difference is that you cannot RNG an egg in B2W2.
If I remember correctly, the reason we cannot RNG eggs in B2W2 is because of something called static seed which prevents us to get what we want from the first egg.
About your genesect, if you already took it but you want to RNG it again, I think you may just restart the game again since you are not far from the game. That's what I would do but it is up to you. Hope I answered all of your questions :)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So, we can't RNG eggs in B2W2? Well that...sucks. XD Oh well though. RNG it in Black, hatch, trade over to B2, GET MOVE TUTOR MOVES, trade back to Black. I have to do that anyway cause I use Pokecheck to clone so it needs to be in my OT and blah blah. I can't wait to RNG all those legendaries at the end of the game though. But the no eggs thing...is a huge bummer, ngl.

/haven't posted here in forever sup guys

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
You still need to abuse your ID/SID in order to obtain the shiny starter. Here is the guide I picked up from Smogon for you. Hope this will help :)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=30822

First of all, trying to focus on the question that you want to ask. I had a hard time to answer since your questions jump from one thing to another.
For RNG abuse in B2W2, as I said before, the concept is the same as BW and is indicated in TwilightBlade's guide on the 2nd post of this thread. The only difference is that you cannot RNG an egg in B2W2.
If I remember correctly, the reason we cannot RNG eggs in B2W2 is because of something called static seed which prevents us to get what we want from the first egg.
About your genesect, if you already took it but you want to RNG it again, I think you may just restart the game again since you are not far from the game. That's what I would do but it is up to you. Hope I answered all of your questions :)
Well, okay...I just need this figured out: are there any differences that I must be aware of at all? Anything different in the whole process? At all?

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
There are no new egg moves, Syster :D So it's not that bad that you can't RNG breed.

/haven't posted here in forever sup guys

You're always welcome here, as everybody :B

/join #tradecorner !!!

Well, okay...I just need this figured out: are there any differences that I must be aware of at all? Anything different in the whole process? At all?
The process is exactly the same, but this time you can have up to 15 timer0s per second. It's recommended to use DS Lite/Classic because you can get right results much easier.

Mac and I will be finally restarting the Club, we're not sure about the concept yet, but it will be soon so have your eyes opened :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013

Sorry, can't quote the url. That the guide i read and have trouble with, I am stucked at the last part with i need to get my correct ID/SID with. I dont need a shiny tepig, just a normal one will do.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
There are no new egg moves, Syster :D So it's not that bad that you can't RNG breed.

You're always welcome here, as everybody :B

/join #tradecorner !!!

The process is exactly the same, but this time you can have up to 15 timer0s per second. It's recommended to use DS Lite/Classic because you can get right results much easier.

Mac and I will be finally restarting the Club, we're not sure about the concept yet, but it will be soon so have your eyes opened :D
Hmmm...got it! I'll try that. Expect some RNG abused Pokemon later on from me! Right after I find a Sweet Scenter...and do I really have to be at Victory Road? Because I'm plainly at Driftveil City as of now...And you'd be opening the club again? Great! Let's see if the challenges will be there again! About that...will the current challenge that was never taken out be done again? You know, that's my thought. It's a good idea for it to become the first one, I mean...seriously. But still...just Curious. curious, but...what IS the difference of doing it in DS Original/Lite than DSi(XL)/3DS(XL), you know, excluding the whole time thing? (About that bit...later on, say I got some target time of 6:35:34, so for me, I might just have to press as 6:35:33, is that what the difference was about?)

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Tepig666, this is a good smogon guide, their guides are usually incomprehensible, but this is really good.

RGoF, the higher level of Pokemon the better results you get. The time thingy in BW got more complicated and now old DS systems hit right timer0s easier than the newer models.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
Tepig666, this is a good smogon guide, their guides are usually incomprehensible, but this is really good.

I know, But i just can't get it right. I am stuck at the last part which after finding the seeds hit. You need to have a higher frame to - away the initial frame for the number of frame to advanced. I did that and i still get the wrong ID/SID.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
OK... odd question time:

I have yet to start my copy of White 2. I want to RNG my TID (for purely vanity reasons, I'm not going for a shiny starter or anything). I have NOT yet found my parameters on White 2. I HAVE however, recived the wonder card for the event Genesect (I hoped to RNG that as well later -- Having not started the game I have also not collected this from the delivery man).

Here's the question:
If I start my White 2 and go far enough to be able to send a Pokemon to GTS check it on Pokecheck, then erase my save file... Will I lose the ability to later pick up my Genesect? Or will the Mystery Gift still be there as long as I don't acctually collect it? Or once I physically start the game is it a take it or lose it situation?

What is the best way to proceed in order to both not lose my Genesect and to be able to get a vanity TID? (My most proud moment in RNGing was getting my vanity TID in Black of 2112... my Trainer name was RUSH... )

I'm really itching to start White 2 mostly because I've gotten addicted to collecting Dream World Pokemon... and being able to get one more a day would be nice.

--Ringo

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
OK... odd question time:

I have yet to start my copy of White 2. I want to RNG my TID (for purely vanity reasons, I'm not going for a shiny starter or anything). I have NOT yet found my parameters on White 2. I HAVE however, recived the wonder card for the event Genesect (I hoped to RNG that as well later -- Having not started the game I have also not collected this from the delivery man).

Here's the question:
If I start my White 2 and go far enough to be able to send a Pokemon to GTS check it on Pokecheck, then erase my save file... Will I lose the ability to later pick up my Genesect? Or will the Mystery Gift still be there as long as I don't acctually collect it? Or once I physically start the game is it a take it or lose it situation?

What is the best way to proceed in order to both not lose my Genesect and to be able to get a vanity TID? (My most proud moment in RNGing was getting my vanity TID in Black of 2112... my Trainer name was RUSH... )

I'm really itching to start White 2 mostly because I've gotten addicted to collecting Dream World Pokemon... and being able to get one more a day would be nice.

--Ringo
Once you erase the game, all mystery gift will be erased as well so I do not think you can collect it. On the bright side, if you successfully abuse your TID, you can still download the Genesect again to the new save game:)
My suggestion would be to find your DS parameters, RNG the genesect event in the save game you do not want, trade it to other game, then erase that save game, start to RNG the TID you want and download another Genesect event.

Years
can you guys help me out at my white2 iam trying to set my parameters at the leatest ver of rng reporter and iam getting no results btw in stetteng parameters does the moving npcs matter or not just making sure
thx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back