• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Well I'm glad we all tried something new. Even with all our experience in writing, and what we have read of each other's works, anything is still up in the air. But it matters not of course, as this was a fun contest to begin with.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Spoiler:
What is going with all of you people?????
IT's common knowledge within the FFL that the people within the FFL are eccentric. XD

Mizan, what with the random bolds?
I was hoping to catch someone who would recognize tiny inconsistencies and be forced to ask about it. XD
In short, it was just to see if anyone would ask about it.
The main reason was to annoy people who are over perceptive like myself. XD
To quote xkcd:
Spoiler:

xkcd no. 72

XD

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Lightning was showing us posts of when she was high and posting, quite entertaining...

That was a funny comic btw. I'd probably call them a sadist though XD

Hmmm talking about sadism, maybe I should work on my fic tonight.

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
Years
Welcome to Necrophiliacs R Us! Please enjoy your evening, starting with the sadistic main character killing event.

Uh... Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Seriously, what is it with FFLs and chainsaws?

EDIT: Would not a sadist and a masochist be the perfect couple?

I like XKCD's comic on the kid they raised whose speech centers shut down when she's upset. Much better prank than rick-rolling!

Bay

Years
Hi people! You have invisible jackets in your club???? Maybe fedoras too? Darn I now know I have to finish "Sixth"! :D

I'm wearing my fedora. ;) *starts smoking in a cool, casual, calm manner*

Anyways everyone, glad to hear you all have a good time with your entries and interesting you all tried something new for this contest. :) Have to say, I enjoyed the ones I read so far and looking forward to reading the ones I didn't get too yet!

Also solovino, looking forward to the Bold Topics index!

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
Years
My friend always gets high and goes on bout random s***. Quite funny to see.

I spout random s*** without getting high.

Hey, look! There's a strange blurry stain on the carpet! Mum will be annoyed...
*trips over invisible person in smoking jacket and fedora (also invisible)*

Ow! I'm calling the cops!
Hang on, how do I get an invisible person arrested? Maybe I'll just have to get the officer to trip ov- woah!
*turns around and trips over person again*
Ow! I need glasses...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeoT66v4EHg is vaguely amusing.

Is anyone else confused by the synchronised "Mm-hm"s and sweatdrops in anime?

[EDIT:] Bold topics index? Wow!

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I'm wearing my fedora. ;)

I see your fedora, and raise you mine. *kicks back with an air of such coolness that it's been outlawed in fifty-five states*

Also, upon reading my contest entry, I found a bunch of mistakes that are simply killing me. There was one where I thought I had left something absolutely vital out, but it seems I added it in while formatting my PM, so that put off imminent cardiac arrest for at least a few minutes. Otherwise, though, I made a bunch of grammar mistakes that I really shouldn't have, and I didn't end it quite the way I want to end it now. Suppose this is what I get for typing over half of the thing in the three hours between waking up and working today.

Oh yeah. Final word count: 1725; pages: just onto five. Wow. I must have hit enter a lot. Which I did, but I didn't realize I'd done it that much.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I see your fedora, and raise you mine. *kicks back with an air of such coolness that it's been outlawed in fifty-five states*

Also, upon reading my contest entry, I found a bunch of mistakes that are simply killing me. There was one where I thought I had left something absolutely vital out, but it seems I added it in while formatting my PM, so that put off imminent cardiac arrest for at least a few minutes. Otherwise, though, I made a bunch of grammar mistakes that I really shouldn't have, and I didn't end it quite the way I want to end it now.

Lol, I know what you mean, I made some quick edits, whilst in PM mode. Though I did add some crucial portions the word program when I noticed something should be there.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Gez Mizan are you hyped up on sugar? Cause it seems like it.
Spoiler:

Please let it be a sugar rush.

Damn everyone posting faster then me
Nah, I'm fasting.

EDIT: Would not a sadist and a masochist be the perfect couple?
Yes it would but imagine sadist and sadist:
no_one_must_know.png

I enjoyed this one.

Bay said:
I'm wearing my fedora.
*wears own black fedora* Everyone's doing it. Casually looks at the FFL with an air of coolness and possible sadism.

@Solovino: Looking forward to the Bold Topics Index
My friend always gets high and goes on bout random s***. Quite funny to see.
When you're in a serious group conversation, randomly spout out a random word. The more obscure and stupid the word the better.

eg.
A=I'm worried about Global Warming
B=Me too, did you know...
C=*walks in* Dr. Seuss! *walks away*
A & B= WTF was that?!

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Okay, no one kill me... But to better able myself in self-criticizing (among other things), Twilight, I decided to read the online version...

So far I am on the 13th (of 240) page, and already I want to stab my eyes out... It IS that bad... I maybe found one good sentence in there that makes sense...

So far, Bella is either cutting herself or lying to herself, or semi happy. If she had said she was using prozac, or some other drug, then perhaps I would have excused it...

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Holy dang, does everyone here have a fedora? Yet another thing to make this lounge crazier. Mine's blue <3

Here's a question: does everyone who entered the small writing contest plan on posting their piece as-is, or will you edit first? Much as I'd like to preserve the spirit of the thing, I probably won't be willing to put mine up in its raw state, so I believe there will be some alterations on my part. Perhaps I'll spoiler the original version in my thread or something.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I'll leave mine as is. While I don't think I've got all the mistakes fixed, I'd want to have others see on how it really was judged.

Going to bed X_x 3:44 am

Years
It depends if I can be bothered. I hate editing, as I usually make sure it's exactly as I want it during my first and only draft. It usually makes thing quicker for me, but might not flow as well.

I'd like to fix up from about 1500 words onwards, as I picked up the pace and cut parts out of what was supposed to be the focal point of the story. Hell, the section from whence the story aquires its name is around 500 words long. I'm disappointed by the title, though. =/

bobandbill

one more time
Years
*grumbles about the fact that he has tests still going on and hence didn't have time for the writing comp, but would by the weekend*

...ah well, not much of a loss, I suppose. Would have been a good excuse to write that one-shot up finally though which had to do with time... but in a far less original manner. XD And more cracky (kinda) and certainly less morbid than what your stories seem to be like. =P

Looks like though that with the fics from this, and the fics from sppf's contest.... there's going to be a HECK of a lot to read soon. =D Cheers to the judges as well for imprisoning themselves under those fics. =P (Particularly Bay - your nickname should be 'The Judge' now =P).

*recalls he still has tests to worry about and disappears again*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back