• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
Well the difference is that those are a given set of pokémon rather than new, spontaneous ideas, so that's different.

Gamefreak doesn't have to give us flying types in the beginning of the game. They could decide to give us a Dragon/Steel type if they wanted to/felt it necessary.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
RmbONQq.png

Speculation on chart if Sound (Yveltal) and Light (Xerneas) thing is true...

Spoiler:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
A lead game designer really liked Missingno, and still has him on his copy of the older games. He really wanted him to be in the new game and is intoducing him as a new pokemon as a sort of cameo appearance for him called "Miseingsnow". It's an ice type that looks like a pile of snow that turns into condensation and then to a cloud and then snows downward in its animation, while it's snowing down it has a strong resemblance to the original missingno sprite. when questioned about it he said "Now why would I go through all that trouble just to mess with an audience that is so incredibly fun to mess with " (in Japanese of course)

And no new types!!!! Seriously I hate that idea (except if it does happen I'll probably end up liking it)

Last edited:

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
A lead game designer really liked Missingno, and still has him on his copy of the older games. He really wanted him to be in the new game and is intoducing him as a new pokemon as a sort of cameo appearance for him called "Miseingsnow". It's an ice type that looks like a pile of snow that turns into condensation and then to a cloud and then snows downward in its animation, while it's snowing down it has a strong resemblance to the original missingno sprite. when questioned about it he said "Now why would I go through all that trouble just to mess with an audience that is so incredibly fun to mess with " (in Japanese of course)

And no new types!!!! Seriously I hate that idea (except if it does happen I'll probably end up liking it)

Everyone is afraid of change... Until it happens... Then they pretend they wanted it all along...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Speculation on chart if Sound (Yveltal) and Light (Xerneas) thing is true...

Spoiler:

The last time i heard people speculationg about a sound type was like months ago...
Light i can see happening, sound on the other hand not really. Just seems too out there to me

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I have a feeling this new fairy type is just a conspiracy Nintendo came up with in an attempt to make American's find an interest in soccer. I wouldn't be surpised if grass types had no effect on the rumored fairy types and vice versa. Hehe, grass fairies.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
The last time i heard people speculationg about a sound type was like months ago...
Light i can see happening, sound on the other hand not really. Just seems too out there to me

There was Sound speculation on smogon and on reddit like yesterday... Refer to the picture in the spoiler...

Errrr so Volbeat would get Light but Illumise doesn't?
Come on, Illumise has a bit of the word 'Illuminate' in it...

I think he meant both, but didn't have the room for it... I didn't make the thing so I wouldn't know...

I have a feeling this new fairy type is just a conspiracy Nintendo came up with in an attempt to make American's find an interest in soccer. I wouldn't be surpised if grass types had no effect on the rumored fairy types and vice versa. Hehe, grass fairies.

How high are you exactly? What are you trying to convey... I have no earthly idea... I'm not joking... Are/were you high?

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I've been gone all weekend so I'm late to the party on this one. However, now we're speculating a Sound type? Really? That's been around for so many generations, that I feel like we're just bringing it up again because people have the Fairy type to speculate. Plus, with that image above, as someone sad, forgetting Illumise? Yeah, if the new type DOES happen, that chart is definitely inaccurate.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I've been gone all weekend so I'm late to the party on this one. However, now we're speculating a Sound type? Really? That's been around for so many generations, that I feel like we're just bringing it up again because people have the Fairy type to speculate. Plus, with that image above, as someone sad, forgetting Illumise? Yeah, if the new type DOES happen, that chart is definitely inaccurate.

I made the type chart up with accuracy and balancing... It's not meant to be legit... Many of your points were already addressed... People have been speculating Sound and Light type for longer... Makes sense with their logic too... I mean... If I was a company like GameFreak, I'd give people what they wanted eventually... Helps us shut up about it and create other things to talk about.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I made the type chart up with accuracy and balancing... It's not meant to be legit... Many of your points were already addressed... People have been speculating Sound and Light type for longer... Makes sense with their logic too... I mean... If I was a company like GameFreak, I'd give people what they wanted eventually... Helps us shut up about it and create other things to talk about.

I've said this time and time again, but making something for the sake of fan service is so dumb that I can't even handle it. Just because people are demanding a new type shouldn't be the reason to do it. If you have a good reason to implement something then go for it. Adding in Dark and Steel made sense. Doing this just because the fans want it when it can very easily potentially break the game is just dumb. Fans will very soon get over it. As you said, people have been saying this since Gen III. No one stopped buying the games.

Of course, this is just worst-case scenario for this. If they can implement it sensibly then all means go for it. I guess I'm just against adding stuff for the sake of doing it and because the fans said so.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I'm saying that's its likely these rumors are false because of it being a copypasta'd rumor from years ago...

Really? Because this is the first time I've heard of any of them.

I hope a few of these rumors are false, because they're pattern breakers.

GF's been breaking patterns for most of the last generation. I don't think that's really a valid reason to call them false anymore.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I've said this time and time again, but making something for the sake of fan service is so dumb that I can't even handle it. Just because people are demanding a new type shouldn't be the reason to do it. If you have a good reason to implement something then go for it. Adding in Dark and Steel made sense. Doing this just because the fans want it when it can very easily potentially break the game is just dumb. Fans will very soon get over it. As you said, people have been saying this since Gen III. No one stopped buying the games.

Of course, this is just worst-case scenario for this. If they can implement it sensibly then all means go for it. I guess I'm just against adding stuff for the sake of doing it and because the fans said so.

The fact that meta game is stale, predictable and it's not not viable for all Pokemon to be used is a good enough reason that I have mentioned time and time again... Kill two birds with one stone by adding types people want, that make logical sense, and fix the meta...

They have been saying it since Gen II not Gen III... They added in too many light and sound based Pokemon it makes sense for them to implement it... Hell they probably wanted to do it along time ago, but couldn't because it was a fan idea and that would be like taking his work... Maybe they wanted to work a story line into the game that makes sense of it... Maybe they wanted to get the chart correct... Maybe they wanted to see the meta... Change the game up when people thought it was getting old (which it felt like)...

It seems this generation brought back older generation designers and stuff to work on it, so maybe they had to wait to come back to implement it... There's a numerous amount of reasons that could have gone into it... It makes perfect sense to me... People are just afraid of change... But change for utter improvement is amazing and definitively needed in the game now...

Really? Because this is the first time I've heard of any of them.

In generation three there was a rumor that you'd collect Unown and get to Professor Oak to get the Kanto starters or something... It came up every generation since... Still its not like it's impossible... It might be one of the things GameFreak adds in for whatever reason.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
GF's been breaking patterns for most of the last generation. I don't think that's really a valid reason to call them false anymore.

Agreeing with this. Just because a pattern is set definitely doesn't mean it can't be broken. You can set a precedent, but they can feel free to break it whenever they want. Not doing something innovative because it breaks a pattern is dumb. Doing it because people demand on the other hand is =P

The fact that meta game is stale, predictable and it's not not viable for all Pokemon to be used is a good enough reason that I have mentioned time and time again... Kill two birds with one stone by adding types people want, that make logical sense, and fix the meta...

They have been saying it since Gen II not Gen III... They added in too many light and sound based Pokemon it makes sense for them to implement it... Hell they probably wanted to do it along time ago, but couldn't because it was a fan idea and that would be like taking his work... Maybe they wanted to work a story line into the game that makes sense of it... Maybe they wanted to get the chart correct... Maybe they wanted to see the meta... Change the game up when people thought it was getting old (which it felt like)...

It seems this generation brought back older generation designers and stuff to work on it, so maybe they had to wait to come back to implement it... There's a numerous amount of reasons that could have gone into it... It makes perfect sense to me... People are just afraid of change... But change for utter improvement is amazing and definitively needed in the game now...

The metagame is totally irrelevant though. Game Freak doesn't give a care at all to competitive battling, at least anything that doesn't have to do with VCG. That isn't any argument to add in a new type. What broke the metagame was the power creep and making Pokémon that just had ridiculously high stats. There's more than one way to offset that. Yeah, I guess you could make a new type that would help balance Dragons (even though they really aren't that overpowered imo). Or, you know, you can offset the power creep by making more defensive stuff. I'd just love to see a generation with a decent mix of both defensive and offensive Pokémon. We mostly just stuff that hit like a tank in Gen V, so just balance it back out with what types we already have.

But yes, people don't like change. I'm not terribly fond of it when it comes to these games. That isn't the reason I don't want these new types though. They just scream fan service to me. There are multiple other ways to keep being innovative without having to add a new type for the sake of doing it. There's nothing wrong with the type system we have now. It's individual Pokémon that are part of the power creep (and not just competitively but in-game as well).

But yeah, I don't really want to keep debating the new type thing here since it sort of gets off-topic (and repetitive =P), so blah.

On the topic of the rumor of getting a Kanto starter from a different professor I can see that happening. I mean, they pretty much did exactly that with HGSS, so why not? Plus it's a cool way to implement other starters than just having to transfer them over.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Maybe we get the kanto starters by registering all the pokemons in the regional dex. But rumours say that there will be more no of pkmns as compared to other games. So, it would be bit tough.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Oh thank goodness. That was my biggest beef with the rumors. So hello Fairy type :(

I had a dream where I saw an Oshawatt before they announced them... Didn't look exactly like he does now, but it was the same basically... It was weird man...

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I had a dream where I saw an Oshawatt before they announced them... Didn't look exactly like he does now, but it was the same basically... It was weird man...

Had this happen to me on two occasions.

First was the book "Zoom!" by Robert Munsch. I knew the storyline and what was going to happen before he wrote/published it.

Second time was Ghibli's "Kiki's Delivery Service" before ever watching a Ghibli film. I knew the story and the characters beforehand, so watching it was mega deja vu.

x

On-topic, I would not mind an "Espurr." Cats are cute. Psychic is good. It'd probably look way different than Espeon so it's not an issue.

Back