• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yami Bakura Cosplay WIP

icycatelf

Alex
Years
AKI'S COSPLAY THREAD

--- --- ---​

Though I have included this in my art gallery, perhaps it would be better if this had a thread of its own. Perhaps this, along with the other emerging cosplay theads, will provoke the admins to add a cosplay forum.

I've spent a few months trying to put together a Yami Bakura cosplay. I have never cosplayed before (unless you count when I dressed up as the black Power Ranger in 2nd grade) nor have I ever made my own costume, so this is a first for me.

Here are the pics thus far:

Yami_Bakura_Cosply_WIP__again__by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

(This pic was taken before I styled the wig.)

Millennium_Ring__better_pics_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

(Clearer pics of the Millennium Ring.)

Yami_Bakura_Wig__Final__by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

(Not sure if I need to do anything else to this or not.)

The easiest part of this cosplay for me to fabricate would have to have been the Millennium Ring, while the hardest part was most certainly the wig, but I got through it with help from other cosplayers (thank you Trent_Jayir).

It took quite some time for me to find a shirt. I tried looking around thrift stores, but I didn't find anything. I considered making one, but none of the nearby stores had the appropriate fabric. Finally, after at least a month of searching (and even contacting companies like Fruit of the Loom and Hanes), I found a usable long-sleeve shirt on eBay, from overseas. All I had to do was shorten the sleeves.

I would still like to get a classic Duel Disk. A black trench coat would also help with the cosplay, though it's not essential, nor is the blue-green overshirt.

Total cost so far: about $80.

---

Sorry for the low-quality photos!!!

Last edited:
Years
Well, if you're making it like a cosplay gallery, I'm pretty sure it's okay. Are you going to update most of your cosplay work here now?

A cosplay sub-forum? .-. I think it's fine that it's in the main Art gallery, imo. =P
Hmm, I'm not really into making things for cosplay, but I like what you made here. I'd have to say, I really like how you made the 'Millennium Ring'. What I'm wondering is, how did you make it? =o
I think what you made is pretty close to Yami Bakura.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Wow!!!!!!! That's great!! I really love how you handmade the Millennium Ring and styled that wig!! And what a lucky find for the shirt! It's all looking great! ^.^

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Well, if you're making it like a cosplay gallery, I'm pretty sure it's okay. Are you going to update most of your cosplay work here now?

A cosplay sub-forum? .-. I think it's fine that it's in the main Art gallery, imo. =P
Hmm, I'm not really into making things for cosplay, but I like what you made here. I'd have to say, I really like how you made the 'Millennium Ring'. What I'm wondering is, how did you make it? =o
I think what you made is pretty close to Yami Bakura.
Yeah, I'll be posting all my cosplay stuff here now.

Thanks.

The ring was actually pretty easy to make. First of all, I got some sturdy cardboard (not the kind used for boxes; the kind used for the back of a sketch pad and such). I drew 2 circles on it and cut them out (making a ring). I also cut out a triangle that would fit snugly in the ring. I super glued the pieces in place. Next, I made a batch of salt dough (home-made play-doh made by combining salt, flour, and water). I rolled the dough into a rope and placed it over the cardboard ring. I shaped the dough over the triangle cut-out and cut the sides to make the dough cover it. I used smaller ropes of dough to make the outer parts of the eye, and the little details around the ring. I rolled a piece of dough into a little ball and poked a hole in it with a straw to make the inside of the eye; I used a similar process to make the little hoops that hold the needles. I used another rope of dough for the hoop at the top. The needles were made by rolling the dough into points, then slightly squishing the tops while puncturing them with a straw. After it had air-dried for about 24-hours, I added support to the outer features with super glue. I painted it with 3 layers of acrylic black, then ran thread through the hoops, connecting the needles to the rest of the ring. After that, I coated it with 2 or 3 layers of metallic gold spraypaint.

Thanks again! :D

Wow!!!!!!! That's great!! I really love how you handmade the Millennium Ring and styled that wig!! And what a lucky find for the shirt! It's all looking great! ^.^
Thank you. ^^

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE:
yami_bakura_cosplay_wip_again_by_karite_kita_neko-d2xsojr.jpg

Well, I solved the problem with my sleeves by covering them with an overshirt. However, the overshirt is too light and not green enough, so I think I'll have to soak it in some soluted green (and maybe blue) dye. I ordered a pair of light blue Converse sneakers, so when I get those, I'll have everything I really need for the cosplay. Of course, even though I don't "need" it, I would still like to get a classic Duel Disk (I would really rather not use the one I'm attempting to craft).

I didn't bother including my face (or anything above) in this pic because I still haven't shaved. Dark beard with long white wig doesn't look that great. lol

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Yeah, I know there are Duel Disks out there, but the problem is finding one really cheap. The lowest I've found has been $30. I have a Chaos Duel Disk that I would be more than happy to trade for a classic one.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks for trying to help, but those are all bid-only and the first 2, after shipping, are already about $30. I'd really like to find one for $0-10. I really don't have a whole lot of money to spend. I'm lucky I was able to afford everything else for the cosplay. Most of what I have is going towards gas and I paid so much for my cat's surgeries.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
i see you leaning towards the season 1 look. looks great so far.
bty hope your cats feel better

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Season 1 FTW! (Actually, I think it was Season 2 that he dressed like this. He wore the sweater vest thing over them in Season 1. Not sure about this...) Classic Yu-Gi-Oh FTW!

Actually, it was only 1 cat that had multiple surgeries. However, his body couldn't take that last one. He would've died without it, so we tried to help him, but... *Sigh* I miss that cat so bad...

Eh, why not post one of his cosplays here as well?
Don__t_tell_me____by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

Pan (RIP) cosplaying as Meowth.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Season 1 FTW! (Actually, I think it was Season 2 that he dressed like this. He wore the sweater vest thing over them in Season 1. Not sure about this...) Classic Yu-Gi-Oh FTW!

Actually, it was only 1 cat that had multiple surgeries. However, his body couldn't take that last one. He would've died without it, so we tried to help him, but... *Sigh* I miss that cat so bad...

Eh, why not post one of his cosplays here as well?
Don__t_tell_me____by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

Pan (RIP) cosplaying as Meowth.
my mistake i was typing fast since i was in a rush.
i dont remember either since i watched original yugioh along time ago.
RIP 2 pan also.

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
Years
Haha, remember back when you said "I don't think I would ever do a cosplay"? XD

:p I remember, and look at you now! This looks great! I can't want to see some after-con stuff!
Awh, Pan looks so cute; He makes an adoreable meowth! I know I have said a few times before by now but, I am so sorry you lost him... :'< You did your best.
RIP Pan <3

icycatelf

Alex
Years
The shoes finally came in! =D

63840_1604046350198_1507313034_31571799_5889804_n.jpg

Now I have everything I need for the cosplay. I'll try to have full-body pics up within 3 weeks, unless I can't make it to Tsubasacon. If that's the case, I probably won't have any until Halloween.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
The con yesterday was awesome! I wasn't expecting at all to be called aside for pics - nor was I expecting all the hugs (lol). I saw several characters that I recognized, including Kyo (Fruits Bakset), Kagome & Miroku (Inu-Yasha), Marik (Yu-Gi-Oh!), Misty & Umbreon (Pokemon), Tobi (Naruto), Ranma (Ranma 1/2), and the Ouran High School Host Club.

Sadly, I never even thought to take out my DSi, so I didn't get any pics. I really hope I can find some of the pics that some of the other cosplayers (especially Marik) took with/of me. Fortunately, a friend of mine took some pics of me, but unfortunately, she didn't get any full-body pics of my Bakura cosplay, so we'll have to wait until Halloween to get those.

Here's a pic from the con that my friend, Caitlin-Massacre, took of me. I edited the background.
33577_1621637749972_1507313034_31611894_7363587_n.jpg

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I'm going to attempt at least 2 more cosplays next year. I've barely started on one, but when it's finished, the other cosplay should be fairly simple. Just need to buy a suit...

Anyway, here's the progress on my 2nd cosplay: a pair of elf ears...
elf_ears_final__by_karite_kita_neko-d34wqgp.png

Of course, I'll be shaving for the this cosplay, as well as changing my hair color (rather than wearing a wig like I did for the Bakura one). Also need to grow my hair out some more to pull this off. The change in hair color will work for both cosplays, though I'll have to cut it for the second.

You're free to speculate what the next ones will be. If desired, I can give hints.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Another addition to my next cosplay idea...
aahhh___it__s_a_snake__a__by_karite_kita_neko-d360t3p.jpg

It's a tail. Not a very well-made one, but a tail nonetheless. Now the only things I have left to do are... (1) grow my hair out another 3 inches or so, (2) buy some white hair dye, (3) buy some washable markers or face paint, and (4) shave.

Oh yeah, chances are you've never seen this character in an anime...

Message to Mod/Admin: Oh, could a mod change the name of this thread to something along the lines of... "Aki's Cosplay Gallery"? I don't want to confuse people for thinking everything here applies to just my first cosplay...

Last edited:

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
I have a pretty good guess as to what/who your 2nd cosplay is. >:3
I won't spoil it, though.

Bakura NEEDS MOAR PICS! D: I want to see the full thing..... ;~;

Back