• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Yellow Remake

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Eh... if any game gets a remake, it should really be R/S/E, first and foremost.

But I'd be game for a revist to Kanto after that. I'd just really prefer R/B/G rather than Yellow, since, while I liked watching the anime when I was younger (and I do still watch an episode every now and then...), and thus, enjoyed playing Yellow, and getting all three starters was cool... I'd prefer being able to evolve my Pikachu.

...Yeah that's the only reason I disliked Yellow, actually. A silly reason, but a reason nonetheless.

blue

gucci
Years
As much as I'd like a Yellow remake, I just don't see it happening for a good few years. It's more likely that we'd get RS & DP Remakes/Sequels before a Yellow Remake happens. Since we've had FRLG I just think a Yellow Remake is off the cards for the time being.

Guest123_x1

As much as I always wanted to see (and was actually expecting during Generation III) a Yellow remake, I don't think it's ever going to happen-even with the X/Y game engine. We'll more likely see Hoenn remakes before a remake of Yellow, as others have pointed out.
I don't see the point. Yellow was just an anime tie-in.
Despite the unlikelihood of there being a Yellow remake, Ash and Pikachu are still the stars of the anime today, so such a remake isn't entirely infeasible (disregarding the fact that it will probably never happen) (especially if FR/LG get remade again with the X/Y engine.)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 21, 2014
If the story itself isn't based on the anime, and has a unique story line of its own, I'd definitely find it worth playing. Just something new, different characters, new places to explore in Kanto region, it'd spice things up. Maybe a Kanto region of 25 years into the future? (from the anime viewpoint)

And since I absolutely adore 1st gen pokemon...

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Not Yellow Remake! Maybe a R/S/E Remake would be better or kanto with new story! Both things i told are also said above but after i saw the thread, these things came in my mind!

Sirfetch’d

I would like to see it happen one day but for now I think we would all prefer RSE remakes since we have already had FR/LG as Kanto remakes. Not a bad idea but just not what should happen right now.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I'd like a Yellow and Emerald Remake, but linked, so you can trade pokemon from both games, and link and such.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd love it, but as others said, it won't happen until a few more years. Like Castform, I would like to see them develop R/S/E remakes before they even consider one for Yellow. d:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
RSE needs a sequel first. A sequel that focuses more on the legendaries and stuff. That one cut scene just made me want more.

Back