• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP OU Tour

Years
No fancy CSS just pkmn

-8 man tour with options for 16
-Best of 3 played in 4th gen OU
-Standard clauses and bans as per defined by smogon university apply
-Its recommended that you play matches on PC Server
-Post "in" to sign up

Helpful Links for people where are new to the meta but still encouraged to participate:
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue20/bw_to_dpp
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76508
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/

Participants:

1. ME
2. Anti
3. Vandesdelca
4. Vrai
5. Dark Azelf
6. Pokedra
7. Wolflare
8. Jake

R1

Vrai vs Vandesdelca
Karpman vs Wolflare
Anti vs Jake
Dark Azelf vs Pokedra

Last edited by a moderator:

Anti

return of the king
Years
i am IN

gyarados2_bigger.jpg

KILLLLLLL

Looking forward to playing this meta again!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
o_k i guess

in to lose rd 1

Years
figured it might be a good idea to post these lol

R1

Vrai vs Vandesdelca
Karpman vs Wolflare
Anti vs Jake
Dark Azelf vs Pokedra

NOT RIGGED I SWEAR. Now go out n battle dont john cteam etc remember this is bo3!!

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hahah this should be fun. I didn't know it was a Bo3, though.

Anyway it'd be awesome if everyone kept logs and stuff so we can post them all later.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Guys, hate to already throw a wrench in this, but two days ago a storm knocked out power for a lot of people in central Ohio, and while we have our power, our internet is down and I'm basically offline until I can get a reliable connection. No idea how long that will take.

In any event, my team is ready etc. and I can bend my sleep schedule to battle whenever Jake can, but you may want to look for a sub in case I'm offline for awhile. Sorry. @_@

(I would prefer if I was given time to let my connection recover but if that ends up holding stuff up or whatever, you can go on without me.)

hnnnnnnng

Years
Sort of unlikely that we find a sub so I'll just delay it until you get your power back, it's a pokemon tournament so hopefully no one gets worked up if it takes too long lol

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Just clarifying, is this round robin or knock-out?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I don't have any power like Anti, so I have to drop out. I could battle Karp right now, but I'm unsure whether I will be able to complete any future match-ups.

Edit:
Sort of unlikely that we find a sub so I'll just delay it until you get your power back, it's a pokemon tournament so hopefully no one gets worked up if it takes too long lol
I'll stay if you don't mind delaying it for me as well haha.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Let Pokedra advance, now i know why i never play tourneys. At least ladder actually rewards skill for being more consistent than anyone else. Best of 3 doesn't eliminate luck at all, really its a gamblers fallacy in that you can still get your 100% sure fire counters and checks lucked over with crit hax, yaaay two matches in a row yaaaaay. \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Just confirming the above, hax was unpleasant on the 2nd and 3rd matches (mostly for DA unfortunately, his only stroke of luck being a confusion hit).

Back