• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

blue

gucci
Years
Whenever I replay RSE I always struggle because I love the three hoenn starters, there is usually one I'm not too keen on but they're all fab!

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I always chose Torchic in R/S/E because it's cute... =3 I chose Charmander the first time in Fire Red but the second time, it's Bulbasaur.

Years
Let's see...

In sapphire, I first started with mudkip, then treecko, and tried torchic, but never fully evolved it since blaziken is just weird looking to me..
In firered, I started with bulbasaur and then charmander. Still haven't used squirtle :\

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Treeko and Charmander. Treeko because I was a newb at the GBA back then and started clicking randomly whenever I saw a screen that appeared like it could be a cut screen, and then in Fire Red, I picked Charmander....Mainly because when I was little, I had an obession over Charizard(13 and I still sorta do....XD)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
I randomly picked Charmander in FR/LG. For Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, I went with Treecko mainly because he looked cooler and better than Mudkip and Torchic. It occured to me that not only was his looks more superior than the other two starters but his overall stats were spot on. Then Sceptile came along and although he looks like an overgrown frog, he still was the best.

guitargodd97

Video Game Creator
Years
I got Sapphire when I was six and I chose Mudkip and I leveled him up all the way to 100 baby. In LG, chose Squirtle, though now I choose Charmander cause I love Charizard.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
Hmm, let's see... My first time around Ruby, which was my first Pokémon game, I chose Mudkip. It still remains one of my favorite Pokémon to date. In Leaf Green, I chose Squirtle. Aha, I really favor the Water starters.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Kanto: Bulbasaur
Hoenn: Mudkip
(Unrelated:
Johto: Chikorita (I was a noob in it..)
Sinnoh: Treeko
Unova: Tepig)

Иιио

♥ Soy una dulzura
Years
Um I chose Torchic and Charmander, always love these pokemones ♥ but I never was hard the first gimnasios (help, I don´t know how to say in English x,x) , as if trained well, there was much trouble with them.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
One my first run of FRLG I chose Bulbasaur and on my first of RSE I chose Mudkip. c:

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Mudkip in Ruby, though I have a slight suspicion that I may have chosen Torchic. I honestly can't remember.
And I've yet to play either FireRed or LeafGreen (I should get to that...), but I would have chosen Bulbasaur since I've never used one before.

Back