• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [IC] [T] [Best Rookie 1Q '13]

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
SAGISHI HOKORI
The Illegal Alchemist Mage

Hallway > Graveyard
x
CHAPTER III,
Part II:

"I See Dead People"

After a few minutes of arguing between Solo and Sagishi (most likely absurd to Eva) they arrived at the graveyard and... Well, it was just the same old graveyard. "Right, well, we're here. Now what?"

"It's going to seem weird, but you have to trust me."

"Right..." Sagishi looked skeptical. "Weird how?"

"Take that fang necklace you stole off of my corpse, hold it in your palm, and have Eva put his hand on top of it."

"Wh-why!?" Sagishi complained.

"I said to trust me. It's something my family and ancestors performed, it's an ancient ritual."

"A-alright then..." Sagishi reached under the collar of his shirt, pulling out the fang and taking the necklace off. He held it out toward Eva. "He says... You gotta put yer hand over this... A ritual of his family or somethin' like that."

He looked down at the fang. It did seem to glow faintly, hard to notice but definitely there. While in contact with the fang, the world around him seemed to disappear, replaced instead by a dark, starry night. It looked as though he was standing on the moon, with the Earth visible in the distance. It was there Sagishi could see a brilliant wolf before him, with deep blue eyes. "You... You're Solo, right?"

The wolf disappeared and was replaced with the form of a tall, black-haired boy. "Yeah... Are you surprised?" Solo crossed his arms.

"A little... I've never seen a dead person, only heard them. Well... It's nice to meet you, anyway." Sagishi held out a hand, but Solo just stared. "Oh come on, mate."

Solo changed back into his wolf form, and Sagishi sat down beside him. "Right... Where's Eva?"

"In here, what feels like hours amounts only to a few seconds in the real world." Solo closed his eyes quietly.

"You... You think maybe he won't do it?"

Solo looked irritant. "Of course he will. I wore a necklace just like it; I left it in my bag when I performed the ritual to create this one."

Sagishi realized he had that very bag, with the necklace likely intact. "What happens if--"

Solo seemed to realize the same thing. "Do not touch it."

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Yorick Amherst Lee - Classroom

Yorick waved back at Cheryll quickly before furiously finishing his notes after which he finally responded to her question. "Good morning, Cheryll. I became somewhat distracted from Luthas' poetry lesson." He returned his attention to class only to find that Sensei was no longer teaching, rather he was speaking with Trix about Solo and his voice being inside Trix's head. It made no sense to Yorick. Did Trix have a PA system inside his head that Solo was speaking through? Even so, how could he speak when he is dead? They also spoke about alien Lycans. It seemed that was what the word "Alien" was on the board for. He quickly made a note of that, although he would have to ask what exactly "alien Lycan" entailed.

Soon Allister stood and left, claiming that he planned to shove his head into a pile of books. While he questioned the benefits of doing such a thing, he made no effort to stop him and only said, "Goodbye, Allister!" Next, the boy from the infirmary yesterday who was the same species as Solo walked up to them, specifically Cheryll, and told her "happy birthday" and hoped that it was a good one. Yorick understood that it was the anniversary of Cheryll's birth, but still failed to see what was so important about it. Wouldn't a birthday imply it is the day one is born? Such a day happens only once for an individual and that is when it should be celebrated. Regardless, his parents would hold a celebration for him every year after his birthday on the same month and day. Many of the things his parents did made no sense. Although this proved that the celebration of the anniversary of one's birth was not something exclusive to his family and he supposed that he needed to provide a gift for Cheryll as part of the ritual.

Yorick thought of what he could give her for a moment before realizing it was a chance for him to try something as well. He tore a sheet of paper from his notebook and began to write.

It is your birthday and here is your gift,
a poem like the kind I was just taught
called a sonnet, though I'm writing it swift-
ly since it's the first thing of which I thought.
It's not as nice as the one Luthas read
Or as the ones that maybe you have seen,
Though they had more time to plan in their head
But this is still hard from what I can glean.
You called me friend which implies affection
Like the kind which I have for my parents,
And so since they brought gifts my direction
The need to bring you one held apparance,
And so this is my birthday gift to you,
A poem, something which to me is new.

He looked it over and figured it was the best he could do for now so he handed it to her and said, "Happy birthday, Cheryll." While birthdays, or rather, birth anniversaries were nonsense to him, maybe they were as important to Cheryll as they were to his parents. If so, it wouldn't be right to not give her a gift. He had no money to buy anything and couldn't hunt for anything else with his previous prey still in his closet, so this was the best he could do for now. Maybe when he had found a place to cook and was uninterrupted, he could give her some of the meat from the creature.

Raka Chaudri - Fairytale HQ: Training Room 3 => Raka's Room

Raka stood across the room from the newbie, furious. Why the hell do they keep putting me up against useless little wimps? She sighed as her Tsuchigumo opponent, if you could even call him that, tried futilely to jab her with his eight spider-like arms. He was slow, predictable, and overall pathetic. Raka dodged each strike with ease before she kicked the boy in the gut, knocking out his air and throwing him to the ground several feet away. With another sigh, she further pondered her question. When she had asked the commander the same question, he told her that apparently it was because she could control herself. Of course she could control herself! Anyone who knew how to fight could! That didn't justify him wasting her time like this!

"Get up," Raka barked. She was finding it a little hard to keep herself from crushing this weakling like the spider he was. She was angry enough with Divine's disappearance and Solo being a traitor, and Solo promising a fight then dying like an idiot. Now she had this idiot to deal with. The newbie struggled to stand up then tried shooting web at her. Raka sidestepped the desperate attack before dashing forward and, instead of finishing the fight by striking at his pressure points, she grabbed his neck, strangling him. He tried to jab her a few more times, but he had no hope of penetrating the telekinetic barriers that spawned to protect her. She glared at him, unable to savor his expression of pure terror in her rage, and simply said, "Stop wasting my time." With that, she tossed him to the ground and left the room.

Back in her own room, Raka stared at the ceiling from her bed. Her actions against the idiot spider were more effort than they were worth, and unlike her at all. What was wrong with her? Immediately upon her return she gave a beating to the punching bag in her room, and when she tore through it was when she first realized just how out of control she was. Sure she could tear through that thing easily at any time, but she never did because usually she was in control enough to limit her own strength. Raka began to wonder why this was. It didn't make sense for the reason to be Divine, because while she respected the mermaid's devotion to her principles, she didn't really like her at all and didn't care that she was missing. She babied the newbies far too much, and it was because of her that people like spider kid back there were so useless. It didn't make sense for it to be about Solo either because he was a member of Fairytale for a grand total of two days, and all he proved to her in that time was that he was an idiot. In fact, she should be happy for both finding an opponent with potential like that Allister kid and for getting to go back to that academy today. They would probably hold a funeral for Solo, and Raka should enjoy crashing it. Then why was she so angry, so off center?

Raka's mind drifted to her loss the other day against her friends. She felt happy for having been able to have such a good fight, but now she began to wonder if she was really fighting at her peak. If she had been and still lost, then there would only be happiness from it, so maybe she hadn't and that was what was causing this. Of course, that brought up the question of how she could subconsciously know she wasn't doing her best to the point that it angered her without her knowing the reason, but she had to take this one question at a time. She stood up and wandered to her mirror where she took a battle stance with her staff and proceeded to analyze herself. To the untrained eye it would seem that there was nothing wrong, but the longer she looked the more problems she found. For starters, she was too rigid, her muscles too tense. She gripped the staff harder than she should and even her normally calm expression was off. While it was true that she couldn't possibly be at her best right now, the reason for it was clearly her anger at whatever it was she was actually angry at. But that meant that the reason for her anger couldn't come from her lowered quality of battle if her lowered quality of battle was because of her anger.

Moving from her mirror to a clear space on her floor, Raka sat down in a cross-legged yoga position and steadied her breathing. The reason for her anger could wait. For now, she just had to get back to tip-top shape, and that meant calming down. She touched her hands together, letting her mind focus on only the touch of one palm to the other before emptying her mind completely. She made sure to maintain that steady pace of deep breaths. In, out, in, out. She then moved her hands to her knees began to flex her back, arching her spine and pushing her chest forward then back, forward, back. While she once practiced this form of yoga in order to help awaken her Kundalini energy, she still practiced it to maintain the balance within herself in order to practice her martial art unhindered. Keeping her hands on her knees, she now began to revolve her torso in a circular motion with her waist, the base of her spine at the center, all the while continuing her breathing pattern. Most of the motions involved the spine, since Kundalini energy resided at its base.

After over half an hour of breathing and different positions, Raka took a final deep breath and walked to her staff. She felt relaxed, and lamented the fact that she had been slowly leaving her Indian culture behind. Maybe once upon a time there were humans worth saving in the age where enlightenment was something highly sought after, but now their numbers paled in comparison to the foul poison that was the rest of humanity. Once she had hung up a new bag, Raka extended her staff and took a stance in front of it. She felt light and focused. She took a few moments to practice the movements with the staff as if it were a completely new weapon. Using the hand at the base of the staff, she moved it so that she manipulated the position of the front with minimal effort, setting it up to strike different points on the body unpredictably. She then practiced gracefully shifting the positions of her hands on the staff so that she could flow from using the staff in a hammer grip to holding it at each end for blocking to holding it in the center for holding back multiple enemies. Soon she began with stance changes, footwork, weapon spinning, and evasive maneuvers. Raka was reinforcing her fundamentals, being sure that the foundation on which her style was built was secure.

Once she was satisfied, Raka faced the bag once more and began striking. Her movements were slow at first, then gradually became faster and faster. Silambam centered on speed, unrelenting and precise strikes at a rate that gave an opponent no chance to fight back. The movement was like water, a fighter's movements flowing from stance to stance, one spinning direction to another, even opponent to opponent allowing for them to adjust to any new situation without losing momentum. The pauses between strikes on the bag grew shorter and shorter until it seemed like there would be none, and once she incorporated her telekinesis, there pretty much wasn't. It had been years since she had last done this, far too long. The almost-ritual served as a purification of her style for whenever it had been dulled or tainted, and this time it had done both.

Raka trained for another hour before searching for something to drink. She felt good, good enough to take down her friends, maybe Oz or Divine, or even… Solo. It really was a pity she never got to fight him. For now, though, she had a job to do. It would soon be time for the Rakshasa to commence her assault on Youkai Academy. Raka downed another bottle of water before stepping into the commander's office for her mission briefing.

Last edited:

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013

Evan Lee Gildred

Giving him the shivers as always, Eva followed the mysterious boy into the graveyard. He never liked coming to graveyards. Even when his grandma was buried, he had cried and begged his mom to go home. Of course, his dad simply carried him to the bathroom, paddled his butt and told him to be a man. He never really found it fair that fear was a reason to be disciplined. Hadn't his father ever been afraid? Surely he had to have experienced fear at some point in his life. Eva felt fear everyday, but nothing greater than the fear of not being accepted by his dad. Deep inside, he hoped, but knew that Eva the girl would never be accepted as a daughter, only a disgrace.

Zoning out, he almost didn't hear the crazy man when he spoke up again and said something about putting his hand on top of this wacky and tacky tooth necklace. In a sudden jolt of remembrance, he instantly placed the very same necklace Solo had so proudly worn and guarded with his life. It looked just like it, surely that couldn't be a coincidence. Whatever kind of lies the boy was spreading, he couldn't have faked this. Solo would have rather murdered than let somebody else have it in his possession. Was it the very same?

There was a soft glow to it, something Eva never noticed before. Stretching out his arm with trepidation, he laid his palm down on top of it, his skin feeling both the fang and the warmth of the other boy's hand. He almost withdrew, but didn't have the time.

A dark and starry night projected forth, not unlike a holo projector in one of Eva's favorite sci-fi shows. This was definitely not some trick.

"H-how…" his voice trailed off, the question unasked.

Was that the Earth he spied across the way? Did he somehow step through a portal to the moon? No, of course not, he rationalized. If that was the case, he would be dead. Dead. The word rung in his ear like a bell before an execution. "Solo?!" He shouted in a panic, his voice at once both soft and frightened.

It was then that he spied a wolf. Not just any wolf…his wolf.

"Solo…is that you?" Staring in disbelief, he reached out his other hand and paused before resting it on his muzzle. "I'd hug you, but I know you wouldn't like it. That and I don't know if I actually can." He joked weakly, tears pooling in his eyes with a faint smile on his lips. "Is it true? Are you really dead?" His voice skipped a beat as he choked on the words. Of course, he knew before he answered, that it was true. The boy hadn't been lying.

"I'm sorry," the voice that escaped his lips was but a whisper in that moment. He had meant it for both of them, but also, for himself.​

Years

Allister Curtis

Allister sat at his usual desk in the library, hunched over a large pile of books deep in thought.
No... that's not going to be even a little bit useful. She's coming back soon, I just know it. I need to think of a way to deal with her before she can get close, but then I have to go through her telekinetic barriers. Immobilising her fixes one of those problems, but I still need a better binding spell then the one I'm already planning. Cutting of her senses was quite effective last time so I'll keep that in mind... hmmm yeah the more passive-aggressive spells seemed to take her off guard a bit so I'll look more into a way to use them to my advantage.

Allister's stream of thought was cut off by a familiar voice interrupting his intense study
"Is there anything that you can tell me about Gavin? What was he? Who was he?"
Gavin... no I should make sure I refer to him as Terra otherwise I'll just do his head in.
"Uh... hi Terra. Didn't expect anyone else to show up here with a funeral on the way. Gavin is a mage like me, although he had a different source of power than me for the most part. He's something of the heroic type, always trying to take the bullet so-to-speak and he was about as good at being a team player as I am, so not very. He had two corresponding knacks that tend to not go very well together, he was good at burning things down and good at getting himself into trouble. The first time we really spoke I had to free him from a fountain he'd somehow frozen... with his arm attached. Ended up breaking the fountain and they still haven't gotten around to fixing it... or working out we did it thankfully. He was taking action against the stupidity and irresponsibility the staff at this school have shown - something I agree with oddly enough - and was it was around when he set the forest on fire to test the administration that he vanished and was replaced by you."

It felt kind of strange to be sitting across from Gavin... or at least his body... and explaining everything he knew about Gavin. It was also the first time he had ever really missed anyone, a feeling he wasn't enjoying in the slightest.
"If there's anything else you want to know, tell me. I've been reading into things a little, although with pretty much zero luck, and I'm going to do anything I can to help you out with this weird situation."
and decipher my dream and defeat Rakasha and fix this screwed up school and of course protect Cheryll, Yorick and Terra/Gavin. I'm going to be very busy.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
SAGISHI HOKORI

Graveyard > Solo's Realm
x
CHAPTER III,
Part III:

"I See Dead People"

"Solo?! Solo…is that you?" Eva rested a hand over Solo's muzzle, and he only closed his eyes. "I'd hug you, but I know you wouldn't like it. That and I don't know if I actually can." He seemed to form tears, but smiled nonetheless. "Is it true? Are you really dead?" Solo didn't reply, only nodded.

"I bloody told you!" Sagishi groaned. "You didn't bele--"

"Drop it, Sagishi." Solo added plainly.

"But he friggin' slapped me!"

"I said drop it." Solo shook his head, opening his eyes and looking at both Sagishi and Eva. "I have some things to say, so I'll need you to be quiet." He looked directly to Sagishi as he said this, which made Sagishi cross his arms and bite his lip in annoyance. "Eva... I'm sorry." He seemed to visibly frown, his tail lowering to the ground. "I stormed off when you said you were half-Human, and joined Fairytale shortly after. I was so angry, I just wanted to see all of Humanity burn."

"I'm Human too mate," Sagishi said with an irritated glare, "Does 'at mean you wanna watch me burn too?"

"I'm well-aware of what you are, and not happy about it." He shook his head slowly. "I'd much rather fight you myself."

Sagishi stood up, arms outstretched, in a position to challenge Solo. "You think yer hard enough, mate!? You wot, mate!? Fight me ******, IRL!!"

Solo seemed genuinely angry, but shook it off when he shook his head. "You're not worth it. Not that it matters much anymore. Will you let me tell this story or not?"

Sagishi hesitated, then grunted his frustration before sitting back down, shaking his head quietly.

"I joined there, trained with the Commandeer, but as I spent time alone in my room there I felt more and more like I was in the wrong place. Fairytale and I once had similar goals, but I changed."

"Right, I keep hearin' that... What is it exactly?"

Solo glared, once again cut off, but answered anyway. "Fairytale is an organization of Youkai who want to see Humanity annihilated. They--"

"What's annihilated mean?"

"It means wipe out completely, now shut up!" Solo tensed, but slowly relaxed himself. Maybe it was because Eva was there, or maybe he'd learned some restraint. Either way, if he had still been alive, he would've no doubt pummeled this kid. "They sent me off to attack the school a few days later, yesterday. By then, I'd copied a bunch of their notes and plans onto some papers and had a change of heart. I came expecting Eva, but he wasn't there. A number of other kids in our class, including Fruitloop, came to see me instead, in this very spot in the graveyard." He paused. "My initial plan at that point was to find the teacher and give him the notes, reveal my choices and come back to school. However, things did not turn out that way. The Commandeer took control of my body through a collar, and forced me to attack the students against my will."

Sagishi was raising his hand, and Solo watched him for a few seconds in shocked disbelief. "What the hell are you going to say now?"

Sagishi lowered his hand before speaking. "And then you burned to a crisp, right?"

Solo was staring daggers at Sagishi, but nodded. "Right." He turned to Eva. "The girl who thought she was Human turned out to be a firefox. She went crazy with her powers and nearly killed everyone. I summoned up all of the energy I could, forced myself into control and grabbed her before she could kill anyone else."

"And then you died?"

"And then I died." Solo closed his eyes. "I don't like Humans, but I've seen the exceptions."

"Like me?"

"Not even close." He looked to Eva. "You, Eva. You still remind me of my sister, even if you're half-Human. That means they can't all be bad." He shook his head. "But like I said, it doesn't matter anymore. I don't have any more reason to hate Humans, now that I'm dead."

Sagishi nodded. "I was gonna be the one to bury him at the funeral today, since my magic'd make it easy. I still don't know what I'm supposed to engrave the stone with."

"How about my real name?"

"You mean Solo isn't--"

"No. It's an alias. I wanted to be left alone, and I didn't want anyone to know who I was. But being dead, it makes no difference."

"Well what is it then?"

Solo let his Human-like appearance show, and leaned in toward both Eva and Sagishi, whispering it, his eyes shut. After, he leaned back, sitting casually.

"Right... I'll engrave that on the tombstone. Do you want anything buried with you?"

"That necklace in my bag that you took."

"How can I bury it with you if I can't touch it?" Sagishi added, heavily sarcastic.

"Don't be an ass," Solo replied.

Khawill

<3
Years
Frio
Frio set the mask on his bed, and proceeded to clean the room. It was his way of paying respects to both Solo and himself. "As of this day." He whispered, "I am a prisoner of Fairytail." He slipped on the mask, "Or at least that is what she thinks." Frio opened the window and touched the side of the building. An ice spike sprouted which enabled him to get on the outside of the building. He climbed quickly to the roof, he could wait there until the funeral. He sat on the edge, watching all of the students. It surprised him that so many students never looked up enough to notice he was there.

Elise
Elise didn't stop running until she was out of the building. She bumped into multiple students on her way, but she was terrified. She wondered what had crossed her mind when she challenged a Youkai. There was no way a human could win that fight, and she was sure that she had been close to death.

After her fear was surpressed, she reflected on what the man had said. She began to cry again, the thought of Frio being tortured was too much. "What can I do?" She sniffed, "I am the only one who can't help him... I'm worthless..." She cried for nearly five minutes before straightening herself up and wiping away her tears. "I should see if I can help somehow." She said out loud to encourage herself. She decided that the graveyard may have some kind of clue, maybe a sign of who that man could be.

She ran to the graveyard as fast as she could. There were others there, but they didn't concern her. What was more important was the scene. The first and most obvious thing she noticed where scorch marks on the ground, though unlike a normal fire it radiated out from one source, with a few tendrils of markings on gravestones around it. She also was able to find footprints within the dirt of the graveyard. There were ones for every person at the battle leading in except for hers, and one for every person going out. The Mage who she saw in the classroom was at the scene after the battle, and their teacher also arrived with a female. Elise couldn't see any other footprints, and she really could only see where the dirt had been impressed, so it wasn't like she could compare shoe sizes or designs.

Still, she didn't remember anybody present for the fight to be a Youkai that used fire. She deduced that the man in the apartments had that as his special ability.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Tetsu Urashima

Kotetsu sighed while arranging his tie. Normally, he hated to be down like this but he couldn't find optimistic points on the situation right now. First of all, he had to wear a tie. He really hated these things, why did they even exist? And second but not the least important, they decided to put him in a new school, the Youkai Academy. It wasn't really a bad thing since he could probably get a bit more training on becoming a better Youkai there but the problem was that this school contained his biggest fear, women. He had a special routine to avoid them at his old school but this was a new one and he'd have difficulty not meeting them on his first days. "I'm seriously overreacting, nothing could possibly go wrong on my first day, right?" He was talking to himself again, he had to leave this habit. His adoptive mother asked if he was ready. "Almost, just need to fix my tie." Actually, screw that damn tie, he didn't have to wear it at all cost. He looked at his reflection on a mirror and decided he was good enough to go. He got down the stairs, said hi to his family and departed for his school. He took the bus to arrive faster. The minutes passed way too fast for him as he arrived rather quickly. He stood in front of the school for a while, hesitating a little before finally entering. He explored around a little while being as discreet as possible and quickly went for the boys' dorms or what looked like them.

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013

Evan Lee Gildred

"That….that's a lot to take in," Eva whispered solemnly, his eyes lingering on the boys in front of him. "Did it hurt? I mean, are you out of pain now?" Tears began to run down Eva's cheek unbidden, his face contorted with fear and worry. He didn't really expect the question to be answered, but it was something he had to ask anyway.

It was all too much, hearing Solo's name, his real name. Eva tried his best not to melt, but his heart was quickly losing the battle. He only wanted to join this school to have a modicum of freedom, not to have to bury a friend. It wasn't fair, he shouldn't have to do this.

"We'll handle everything," he finally spoke up again, his eyes dim and withdrawn. "I'm sorry, Solo. This is all my fault! If I hadn't said anything about being human, you wouldn't have stormed off and joined fairytale. You wouldn't have had to do any of this! I'm so, so sorry!"

Letting go of the fang, he broke his illusion and turned away from Sagishi. He could hardly stand to be there any longer. This wasn't how this story was supposed to go. Solo wasn't supposed to be dead and Eva wasn't supposed to be heartbroken. Why did the universe hate him so? He couldn't possibly fathom why.

Taking off running, his costume clipping at his legs, he ran through the graveyard and attempted to make his way back to the school. It was all some sick dream. It had to be. He was still laying in the nurse's bed, surely. Navigating the tombstones with waterlogged eyes was difficult. Eventually, he tripped over one and fell hard to the ground, his body hugging itself in a warm embrace. No matter how brave and strong he tried to be, he cried. Alone and withdrawn form everyone, he cried for his friend, only the dead keeping him company.

He felt alone, just as he seemed always cursed to be.​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
SAGISHI HOKORI

Solo's Realm > Graveyard
x
CHAPTER III,
Part IV:

"I See Dead People"

"Did it hurt? I mean, are you out of pain now?" Solo didn't have much time to answer, as Eva broke down. "I'm sorry, Solo. This is all my fault! If I hadn't said anything about being human, you wouldn't have stormed off and joined fairytale. You wouldn't have had to do any of this! I'm so, so sorry!"

With that, she left, leaving the boys in silence for several seconds. "... Sagishi, right?"

"Yeah," Sagishi added, surprisingly mellow.

"You said you were going to perform the ceremony, correct?"

"We-- no... I was just gonna perform the burial an' engrave the stone... Why?"

"I have a few requests. I'd also like you to invite Eva to help. If anyone should be involved... It's him."

Sagishi sighed. "Right... Anything else?"

"If we're going to get along with this situation, perhaps it might help if we had more background on one another. Tell me about yourself, and I'll tell you about me." Solo closed his eyes, solemn and silent.

~A short while later~​

"... Wow." Both said in unison.

After a moment's silence, Sagishi stood. "You're not as bad as you sound, y'know."

"Likewise," Solo replied, "but before you go, I'd like for you to tell Eva a thing or two."

"Like?"

~​

Sagishi opened his eyes, back in the graveyard. Solo was right, it all happened within a few seconds of the real world. Eva was curled on the ground, sobbing. Probably about Solo, Eva assumed. "I wasn't lyin'," Sagishi said almost defensively, as a means to get Eva's attention. "He wanted to tell you a few things before you left." Sagishi helped Eva back onto his feet, before receding his hand and scratching the back of his head. "He said it only hurt for a moment, but it was worth it to save everyone... He also said that he wanted you to help with the ceremony. I have no idea what to engrave under his name, so I think you should figure that one out since you know him so well." Sagishi put the necklace back over his neck. "I think it's starting soon too, so we might want to get ready for it."

Sagishi suddenly glared at the skull at his hip, then picked it up to stare eye-level at it. "Jesus, I thought you were through! I've gotta leave you back at the dorm room, once I figure out which one is mine."

"Considering the fact that I died yesterday, they'll probably give you my dorm."

"Right..." Sagishi sighed, dropping the skull back to his hip. "Sometimes I just wanna smash it with a hammer, and be done with him forever." He glanced at the skull for another moment expectantly, but then just shook his head, looking back to Eva. "He picked out a song, saying it was the most relevant to his death and he wanted to hve it play at the funeral." Distractedly, Sagishi looked out toward the dorms, then the school. "And then I have to make the necklace for the alien-wolves, but after that, I can perform the ritual I've been itching to do for a long time now..." He looked to Eva. "I will need someone who I can trust, though, and Solo said a lot of good about you. So perhaps you could help me with it... After I handle all this other stuff first."

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Terra Ignis - Library

Terra was finally getting answers...but those answers filled him with more fear than satisfaction. "This..." He tried to speak, but his mind was fixated on one specific part of what Allister'd said. and was it was around when he set the forest on fire to test the administration that he vanished and was replaced by you. That struck him like an arrow to the heart. It rang in his head as if it were a broken record, playing the same line over and over again. It hurt. The "amnesiac Gavin" theory was becoming more and more of a real possibility. What was more, he could feel the pain of those that Gavin was close to, as if they were just hoping that he would drop the act and turn back to normal, laughing the whole thing off. Sometimes he wished the same. It wasn't a matter of choice, though; he couldn't just become someone else, and he couldn't just "turn back to normal". Saying that he was Terra Ignis was not a matter of pride, it was a product of fate.

"I woke up wearing singed clothing...but really made things strange was that I had Gavin's key in my pocket." Terra started to recount to Allister. "Well, I guess my entire situation is strange, but..." He leaned back in his chair and rested his head against his hands, rocking back and forth on the chair's hind legs. "...You ever wonder about amnesia victims? I find it so interesting that they essentially become blank slates, right down to the name and personality. You could hardly say that they were the person that existed before they had amnesia, and they have the knowledge of the person they were before, despite not having any memory of how they got it. They're essentially new people." Terra set the chair back down firmly on the floor. "But the memories will return, and with them, the host revived. As a result, the blank slate, by then colored and painted by new experiences separate from the original, is doomed to be erased. It's a short lived existence, and a tragic one at that."

Terra remained silent for a few moments, thinking to himself. He felt somewhat as if he were being overly self-empathetic and for the most part selfish, especially after his spiel about amnesiacs. It didn't even feel as if he was taking the feelings of Allister, Cheryll, whoever else might have known Gavin, and even Gavin himself into consideration. Since he'd woken up he'd only wanted answers, and everyone else was just a means to an end. Sure, he'd thought about being sensitive about Gavin on occasion, but never so much that he would find another way to his answers. He was just putting life on hold in his search for the truth. Though, he felt compelled-forced even- to find the truth. It was on the forefront of his mind 24/7, and he could barely think about anything else. He had yet to assume his own identity, and to do so, he would need to calm his mind.

"...Just one more question." Terra leaned forward and rested his arm on the table. "What do you think happened to Gavin?"

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Takumi Makkusu - Problems

Just how long will she prolong this blood diet? Nami's not drinking blood, I just need to know why.

It's not my concern, she says. My face is just awestruck at her statement, but what she says next knocks this face out of the park. I didn't have a response for her, yet she continues speaking. Afterwards, she runs off as if I hurt her feelings. Did I...did I really? I reach out for her, arm stretched out to catch her. She keeps getting away from me.

She was in love with me.

At first I was glad & relieved, yet somehow, I was also sad & betrayed...in a way. It's because of me that she won't drink blood, my blood. If she continues like this, she'll die, & I will have killed her. No, I've already set her fate the moment I came to this academy. She's as good as dead.

What do I do? I have to make it up to her, make her reconsider, yet she won't allow me to get a word in. I have no idea where she might be now. There's still some time left before the funeral... I reluctantly head my way to the school roof, almost like a zombie. I might as well be one considering the academy I'm in. I screwed up. Nami doesn't want anything to do with me, & I should just die. I should've died in the hands of Oz, then I wouldn't be plagued by these events.

At the school roof, looking at the sky, I wish I could fly. Why do these things happen to me? It's just so frustrating! I slam my fists on the edge of the school fence on the roof. I don't know any other way to call it. How long will I stay up here, to avoid my problems in life?

~High school's such a serious thing! These problems matter!~

Khawill

<3
Years
Frio watched below and saw the boy who had been with the vampire girl earlier. Frio was curious to know what was up. He jumped down from his perch as the boy entered the building and reappeared on the roof soon after. Frio ran to the back of the school and climbed as fast as he could, hopping the fence and landing on the main school's roof.

The boy had not noticed him yet, so he decided to walk up beside him. "Slamming on the fence won't cause it to break." He said in a taunting tone. He reached up to the fence and grabbed it. With as much force as he could, he was able to rip a hole in it. "If going down is all you came here to do, then you have two options now. But first, why don't you tell me your story?" Frio was calm, composed, and commanding. Even if the kid decided to jump, Frio would stop him, though he felt that the kid would be fine. "You look like you lost somebody."

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Ryuu Higoroshi & Divine
Chapter 3: 3C's Homeroom teacher
Schoolgrounds.

Lerion asked Sagishi about his flute but Sagishi wasn't able to give much information about it. Ryuu started to wonder why that flute was so important to Lerion but was convinced that he would find out about it later. In meanwhile he noticed that Sagishi left and rested his head in the palm of his hand. "We'll go search for him later and ask Allistair to help him." Ryuu said to Lerion. Let's just go now." Ryuu said as he walked past him. He heard him mumble something. "It seemed like you were talking to someone earlier, I wonder if I could hear them. I can talk to people with my mind if they're not actively blocking me out, telepathy I think I've heard it called... Do you have it too?" Lerion said.

"Lerion? What are you talking about and to who are you speaking?" Ryuu asked him curious. Ryuu wondered if he was trying to communicate with those alien Lycans. This raised another question for Ryuu. "Do they actually have the same powers as you? Do they have telekinesis?" Ryuu asked him. It could become quite a mess if they turned out to be evil AND with telekinesis powers. Then another question striked his mind. What if their powers were worse than telekinesis powers?

Ryuu was distracted with the questions that kept infiltrating his mind like soldiers. As soon as he noticed he was pretty much walking around like a Zombie, he immediately brought his attention back to Lerion and to were they were walking.

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013

Evan Lee Gildred

Dabbing his eyes with the tips of his yukata, the thin cotton fabric soaking up his tears, he looked up at the other boy, his mysterious elf-like presence oddly comforting as Eva wept. There was absolutely no reason he should have been comforting, he continued to be particularly awkward around Eva, his posture uncomfortable and stiff. But his words were caring, if a bit direct. It seemed like he was more worried about being proved not a liar than caring.

"No offense, but your bedside manner kind of sucks," he joked and smiled with tear filled eyes up at him. "But…what you said helps a lot. I'm…I'm glad to know he's no longer in pain. It's nice to hear that he thought so highly of me that he would direct your trust in my direction."

Standing up straight and mustering up a quick bit of courage, he dove in and gave Sagishi a hug. He held it for a bit, slightly afraid to let go. He didn't really care if it was awkward, he needed a hug. "S-sorry, I kind of needed that."

Letting go and walking towards the school, he stopped and turned around once more, glancing at the odd boy who stood across the way. Eva really had no idea what to make of this kid. This person was completely unlike Solo, and yet, he had within him his friend. Of course, he knew this wasn't 'his' friend, but there was no reason he couldn't be.

"Uh, hey…do you, uhm, want to go eat or something?" He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, his posture showing how unsure of himself he was. "Solo said I was a part of his pack and those words meant something to me. I guess, I guess that kind of means you're a part of me too now." His eye lit up with an idea burning inside. "That's what we should put on his tombstone! Always part of the pack. I think he'd like that…" He trailed off.

With those final words, he turned and walked away, hoping Sagishi would follow. He still didn't feel nearly as strong as he was pretending to be.​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
SAGISHI HOKORI

Graveyard > Mall
x
CHAPTER III,
Part V:

"I See Dead People"

"No offense, but your bedside manner kind of sucks. But…what you said helps a lot. I'm…I'm glad to know he's no longer in pain. It's nice to hear that he thought so highly of me that he would direct your trust in my direction."

After this, Eva pretty much forcibly hugged him, forcing an exaggerated gag and an awkward pose, with both hands up in the air, the shorter boy now wrapped around his torso for a few seconds. "S-sorry, I kind of needed that."

"Uh, hey…do you, uhm, want to go eat or something? Solo said I was a part of his pack and those words meant something to me. I guess, I guess that kind of means you're a part of me too now. That's what we should put on his tombstone! Always part of the pack. I think he'd like that…"

"I know my manners aren't that great, but it ain't my fault!" Sagishi complained, apparently still hung up on the 'bedside manner; comment. He was smirking, nonetheless. "S'not my fault I had to live in th' wilderness for years...!" He paused. "Well, I guess it kinda is, but it's not like I knew that's what'd happen." Sagishi was staring into the sky, scratching at the side of his lip in thought. "Then again it was mum's idea, not mine..." He looked at the ground as he absentmindedly followed Eva. "O'course, if I hadn't done what I did, none of it would've happened..." He seemed conflicted. "But it was an accident. And he was kinduva jerk-- well, a super-huge arse-for-a-face. But I still didnt do it on purpose."

"You have some serious problems, dude."

"Thanks!" Sagishi added cheekily. "Finally someone understands what I have to go through!"

"That's definitely not what I was saying, but--"

"I do feel better now."

"... You're welcome... I guess...?"

Sagishi looked up, as he and Eva approached a mall right near the campus. "They have a mall here!? Everything else has just been bugger all! Why didn't I come here first?"

"No money?"

"Bugger, that's true. I've never had money. I'm guessing this one uses money too?"

"Probably."

YAMI GIN
The Wrathersian Lycan Rogue

Forest
x
CHAPTER I,
Part IX:

"Another World"

Visions of Colette reverberated through my mind, and the thoughts were pleasant, so I let them remain for a while. Memories were all that remained of our world, our lives, our homes, our families. It just didn't seem fair that we wound up stuck here in this unfamiliar land. Pushing many thoughts aside, I knelt down to the fire's remains, plucked a chunk of meat off of the cooked animal, and bit into it like the fruit of the trees. It was still warm enough to be enjoyable as a cooked meal. Savoring it for a few moments, I leaned back against a tree, staring down the the meat between bites. Swallowing what I had chewed, I closed my eyes, sighing to myself with my head down. ("It isn't fair to us... It's as if the Lady of the Sky has turned her back on us and left us to die.") I frowned for a moment, as thoughts of the war between Gin and Dracul raced through my head. ("Maybe this is punishment for our violence.") I sighed again, eating the rest of the meat in my hand, contented at the feeling of a no longer empty stomach. ("I've someone who waits for me at this very moment... I'm afraid she may think me dead.")

I looked to the sky, before shrinking back into the shadows cast by the trees. ("I don't know about the area your family roams, but where mine settled, the Dracul were nearby, and our families have hated one another since. What's worse is the timing...") I looked to Luna, my eyes no doubt reflecting the intensity of the situation. ("The war had just begun, and I had left home to go warn her. Of course, I'm not there now, so she won't know until it happens.") Suddenly my body tensed; someone, two people, were approaching. I quickly slipped behind a tree, my abilities allowing me to disappear in its shadow as I readied my daggers. I assumed Luna would know to hide too, and I scented the air to get a better idea of what I was up against. It was more unsettling than I'd originally thought; one of the scents was familiar. It was one of the kids from earlier that morning, no doubt. But he was bringing someone else with him. Someone who just seemed to be soaked in hostile scents. My instincts told me to ready my blades for combat, and within the confines of the shadows, I approached them from the side. I stopped at a distance, though. I could see them, and honestly, I didn't like the look on the older man's face. He approached in a much less friendly way than the boy, and it was extremely unsettling. I chose to wait it out and see what happens before I reveal myself. Perhaps I was reacting too defensively, but I can never be sure.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017

Cheryll Renee Moreau

421259_377628942342764_1606743542_n.jpg
"Good morning, Cheryll. I became somewhat distracted from Luthas' poetry lesson." Yorick answered her as class ended and Cheryll smiled and chuckled slightly at her friend.

"Well, on that I'm out of here. I'll be in the library with my head shoved into a pile of books if you need me" Allister said to the two of them and Cheryll nodded in response. Her plan was to call her family and then read for a bit.

"Hi. Uhm... Sorry I overheard, I wasn't eavesdropping if you can believe me. I just wanted to say happy birthday, I hope it's a good one." Cheryll looked up as a boy she didn't really know spoke to her and shyly muttered a thank you. So far she was happy with her birthday but a part of her felt sad. Sad for Solo's death and sad for being away from her family.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Yorick saying "Happy birthday, Cheryll." as he handed her a sheet of paper. Looking at it she read the poem he had written, once she was done she turned to face her friend and smiled happily.

"thank you Yorick" She smiled more and hugged him. "I love it" she carefully put the poem away as she put on the watch Terra had given her. "I'm gonna go call my parents and then probably sit in the library with Allister, but thank you so much for the poem" she smiled as she gathered her stuff and left with a wave.

As she left she sighed glancing at the watch she had been given, If I could only get one thing today...I'd want my friend back

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013

Evan Lee Gildred

"Oh, you don't have any money?" Eva whipped around and bit his lip in thought as he turned his gaze from the boy, to the mall and back at the boy. If there was one thing to be said of his father, he kept him well funded. Under the pretense of getting a sound Youkai education, Eva's dad had given him a decent monthly allowance that allowed for the occasional splurge. Pulling out a little, pink wallet from inside his robe, he opened it and counted the money inside. It looked to be enough for food for two people. That is, of course, if Sagishi didn't terribly mind being paid for by a gir…boy, he reminded himself sadly. He still didn't even know how Sagishi felt about that particular fact, considering that he knew now.

"Well, if you don't mind, I can buy you something to eat. If you'd like?" Eva knew there were a few places to eat in the mall and thought it might be a good place to get to know somebody and talk. Although, it was a bit public for his liking.

In an instant he heard a soft buzzing in his head, like static but softer and beckoning. It didn't hurt, but with a quick shake of his head, hair flying everywhere, the noise left. Did Sagishi hear that? It didn't seem like it. Putting on a confident and fake smile, he tried to ignore the event. Was he still too tired, his body protesting from all the action going on?

"C-come on," he stuttered and walked towards the mall, the doors parting automatically with a nice swish. It was busy, but not packed. About a normal day at the mall as these things went. It felt awkward to be there with somebody else. He had only ever been here alone when he went clothes shopping or gotten his hair done.

"Well, where do you want to eat?" Eva asked cheerfully, his eyes seeming to smile as much as his mouth."Your choice."​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
SAGISHI HOKORI

Food Court
x
CHAPTER III,
Part VI:

"I See Dead People"

"Oh, you don't have any money?"

"Well, if you don't mind, I can buy you something to eat. If you'd like?"

"C-come on... Well, where do you want to eat? Your choice."

"Iunno... What kinda food do people eat now? I've only ever created foods I remember as a kid, for the last some-random-number years I was livin' in the wilderness." Sagishi scratched at his chin a bit. "Only stuff I know how to make are things like waffles, and scones and the like. I can make tea, too." He paused for a few moments. "Do they still make cheeseburgers?" The thought was appealing. He couldn't remember exactly what burgers tasted like, but he remembered enjoying them. In fact, this thought made Sagishi a bit excited. He'd made himself the same foods all of the time, but this wasn't one he could replicate. He couldn't remember it properly.

Years

Allister Curtis

Allister listened intently to what Terra had to say, it seemed he has at least become somewhat aware that he was at some point Gavin - at least that's what Allister inferred from his sudden talk about amnesia.
Whilst this is not the best time for a deep and meaningful conversation I guess it might help provide me with some answers or ideas. Perhaps I could even turn whatever happened to Gavin into a weapon... that last part sounds doubtful though.

"Well Terra..." Allister considered what he said next carefully "I'm going to get back to the first thing you said in a minute, let me answer with what I think happened to Gavin first. I think, going by Gavin's tendency to do things that were somewhat stupidly heroic, despite his intelligence, he performed some sort of deva magic that he couldn't control and that resulted in his very being being rewritten into you. The reason you woke up in Gavin's singed clothes and with his key is simple, the person that is Terra - you - is currently dwelling in the body that originally belonged to Gavin. You have similar traits to Gavin, judging by how you defended divine, you have his body but you are most certainly not Gavin. You have a whole other identity. I would suggest perhaps, that you and Gavin are both the same person, yet also different people and that even if you "fade away" you will still exist in whoever is left because I believe you to some extent always existed in Gavin the same way some his traits still reside in you."

Allister sat for a moment, deciding it was best to let Terra consider what he had said.
I could be way off with that statement, but it does make sense. Either way it might be comforting for him to hear that so I suppose that's the best way to go about it for the time being.

"I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the thought of fading out of existence terrifies you. Is that the case? Either way, I don't think you will be completely erased, as I said I think you have always existed in some capacity and that Gavin still exists in some capacity also."

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024

Yuria opened a drawer in his dorm room, lifting one of the school's history textbooks out. It was a decent idea, he thought, for testing his remaining strength; it was among the heavier objects in the room that would actually get moved around, but it still managed to take more effort than it did putting the book there in the first place. If he needed to waste this much energy just moving things, it was going to be difficult to get anything done, so Yuria set the book down on a desk and reached further into the drawer. Near the back was where he kept the lollipops his mother gave him. He pulled out one in blue raspberry and lied down on his bed, setting the sucker on his tongue and taking deep breaths. It didn't do much for controlling his powers--if anything, it made it harder--but it helped him think, like chewing gum did during tests.

Frustration, dismay and pessimism flitted around Yuria's head, made evident as the air in his bedroom started to chill. The bruised ribs made it nigh impossible to carry a bag over his back; he wouldn't be able to make most of his usual meals for at least a week (and the cafeteria food was somewhat unappealing by comparison); he could do his work at least, but that was pretty hollow if couldn't bring along the books he needed. It's not like he's made any friends, either. The distraught teenager pulled his phone out, flipping it open and finding the contacts app.

"On second thought," he wondered to himself as he closed the phone again, "Mother would just make it worse." She would have gone into a rampage, not only hunting down the reason for the injury, but she'd berate the school staff for an hour on protecting their students.

He almost reopened the phone to check with his brothers again before he remembered what they were up to. One was who-knows-where doing who-knows-what despite being able to pick up no matter when he was called (and he'd probably chew out the staff, too), and the other was in a human school, having done a much better job of blending in than Yuria had.

Getting an extra pair of hands when he really needed it was quickly becoming more of a challenge than it should have been.

Last edited:
Back