• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
@Sydian: thanks for the button combination, the A+B+Start+Select. It's more annoying to press due to the position of the buttons but I do prefer it to hard resetting. :)

@Gonz0: Do you mean because of the guard in the passage way to Saffron from Celedon? You need to speak to the old lady on the first floor of the Celedon mansion(the one where you obtain Eevee) who will give you Tea. This tea is to be given to the guard who has been complaining of being thirsty. Unlike the original Red/Blue/Green/Yellow where it could be any beverage from the Celedon dept. store, in FR/LG it HAS to be this tea.

Last edited:

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
Can someone please explain why when I use electric moves against Wallace's Milotic, it does virtually no damage?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Um, what move are you using, who's using it, what level are they? A lot of things factor into this, but I'm positive that Milotic has a very high special defense.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
@Jubilation: Yes it seems to me like you are perhaps under level to be challenging Wallace because in my Sapphire version my I believe level 51 Pikachu took Milotic out like nobody's business. Or my Vileplume might have done it, I can't remember it was a while ago but I remember it was not a challenge because I made sure to be high leveled after that damn milotic was such a pain in the butt to me in my very first Third gen, Ruby file. So perhaps try a grass pokemon as opposed to electric and definitely try to out level it by at least five.

Also make sure you are not using a lower level move such as Thundershock as opposed to Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt when you could use Thunder.

Another thing to consider is an Alteria with Perish Song. My bestie told me that it really saved her ass against Steven in her Ruby. So although I have yet to use it myself(although I will I am training one in my Ruby now) It sounds super useful.

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
Hey guys!

I am new to the forums here. I have been searching on Google and PC for FireRed 386 since Friday like 2 hours everyday and cannot find it. So I give up and request help from members of PC. Please share with me the link to an official thread of FR 386 if there is one or if anyone could share the download link with me.

Hope you can help

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
Ah, is that a ROM or hack? If so, no ones allowed to give st00f like that out D:.

Also, in my Emerald, my Grovyle is getting totally owned by Brawlys Fighting types (Its been ages since I played third generation, so its still like back when I first opened up my Ruby XD), is there any Pokemon nearby, like a Ralts or something that can do a little damage on his team that I can train up..Really dont feel like overleveling my Grovyle to take out one measly gym D:.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Ah, is that a ROM or hack? If so, no ones allowed to give st00f like that out D:.

Also, in my Emerald, my Grovyle is getting totally owned by Brawlys Fighting types (Its been ages since I played third generation, so its still like back when I first opened up my Ruby XD), is there any Pokemon nearby, like a Ralts or something that can do a little damage on his team that I can train up..Really dont feel like overleveling my Grovyle to take out one measly gym D:.

Well if you're looking for a Ralts to defeat him, they're pretty rare around Route 102 (inbetween Oldale Town and Petalburg City); so you'd have to go back within that area. Flying types also help, so Taillow can be a decent Pokémon to use against Brawly as well.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Hey guys!

I am new to the forums here. I have been searching on Google and PC for FireRed 386 since Friday like 2 hours everyday and cannot find it. So I give up and request help from members of PC. Please share with me the link to an official thread of FR 386 if there is one or if anyone could share the download link with me.

Hope you can help

What is Fire Red 386? If it is a ROM there is an Emulation board here. Someone might be able to provide an answer via PM.

I would return to Petlesburg and capture either a wingull or Taillow. A ralts is a fine choice as well, but takes patience to encounter as they are rare. Taillow and Wingull are a dime a dozen.

Personally I always skip Brawly until I am on my way back for Norman, by then I am beast compared to him.

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2011
quick question...

I have recently picked up my pokemon ruby game after several years of not playing it to find out that i gave up when looking for the regis.

I decided to carry on, since relicanth and wailord are required i checked if i have them. my pokedex says that i have caught a relicanth although it is not in my party or in one of the boxes in the pc. i have even checked pokemon day care.
would there be any other place that it could be stored?

is it likely that there is a mistake in the game? or did i do somthing stupid a few years ago and release it or something?

And if i have to catch it again, do you have any tips/cheats to help?

Thanks.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You might have traded or released it. Just Dive over by Sootopolis and wade around in the seaweed and you'll find another Relicanth eventually.

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2011
yeah i know where to find it but its just going to take ages :/

thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
I'm trying to catch Feebas and was wondering, do I have to fish for him or merely surf and encounter?

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
@Jubilation:
Yes, basically Feebas appears on route 119 by fishing in a certain set of six tiles which changes every time you change the 'trendy phrase' in Dewford town. There is one other option however. I have no idea what the bloody hell a 'trendy phrase in Dewford' is. Thus in my Sapphire I merely just surfed the route and fished around randomly until I found it. I got lucky and it didn't take but like ten minutes. Good luck.

@2cool4Mewtwo: Thank you very much :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is Wailord really found by Surfing? Could swear I've fished one up before. :[ I don't wanna surf around for an hour with no results, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back