• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years

tumblr_lj1t56INxH1qcb1qao1_400.gif

: : : :
tumblr_llvqk7MXiV1qcb1qao1_400.gif

Would this work if used as a signature? I can't see the file sizes, so I was wondering if someone could tell me if it would fit.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
It's very slightly over 1MB - the images come to a total of 1020kb size, and then the background image will make up the remaining 4kb to total 1024kb. Shrink it down to be safe.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Would just like to check if my signatures under the limits....?

Nihilego

Years
Your gif is over the 1mb limit, coming in at 1.1mb according to my computer.

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
Testing out my signature and seeing how big it is. Tell me if I need to change it because I have a feeling it exceeds limits. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Testing out my signature and seeing how big it is. Tell me if I need to change it because I have a feeling it exceeds limits. :)

It's perfectly fine, no need to worry!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Ok so I got a tiny scrollbar there, but I mean..it's clearly within the limits regarding length so idk why is it there lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Your line-height property is conflicting with the CSS programmed to appear once a signature is too large (perhaps only on some styles, not going to check them all). Purely due to how the scrollbar CSS is created. You can either ignore it or remove your line-height completely. Or consider other alternatives using padding and margin. Experiment if you need that particular positioning in regards to your text. But your signature is within the limits.

Nihilego

Years
It looks like somewhere in your CSS you've got something which is making a load of free space below your sig. I'll have a dig through its coding and get back to you unless some other staff member does it before me.

edit: PM'd. Should be fine now!

Last edited:

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
YOU GUYS. Mine's okay, right? I mean it's just one tiny little image and there's no scrollbar but I'm worried 'cause it's a gif and I read the rules and there's nothing really that says yay or nay for gifs. Help a sister out, please?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
YOU GUYS. Mine's okay, right? I mean it's just one tiny little image and there's no scrollbar but I'm worried 'cause it's a gif and I read the rules and there's nothing really that says yay or nay for gifs. Help a sister out, please?

The rules relate to whether the GIF (and content) is under 1mb. Yours is under so it's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back