• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mach Bike or Acro Bike?

Mach or Acro?

• Mach Bike

Votes: 50 61.0%
  • Acro Bike

Votes: 32 39.0%

• Total voters

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
Just wondering, which bike did you prefer playing with and why?

Me, I was always a fan of the mach bike... The acro bike may be able to do wheelies and bunny hops, but it was just too slow for my liking. The mach bike was much better for me, especially because I breed Pokemon a lot, so I have to hatch lots of eggs... Plus, the feeling of being able to make it through cycling road with no collisions is really satisfying!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I personally preferred using Mach Bike, as it was much faster. xD" I did trade it in every now and then for Acro, just so I could perform tricks and such.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I prefer to use the mach bike wile breeding and such but i use the acro wile doing normal travel. It makes it more interesting. hop hop hop hop...

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Deffs Mach Bike. The Acro Bike was cool, it had these Wheelies and stuff but it just felt like what most people said, slow. I want to zip through my journey with ease, which is why I prefer travelling with the Mach Bike

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I don't need speed for my bike in Hoenn, what I need is the Acro bike. Cool tricks can even get you to unaccessable areas like the Mach bike does, but I also like handling and not speed.

Years
Mach, Mach, Mach.
The speed saves me a lot of time, especially when I'm breeding.
The Acro bike takes me to the North East section of the Safari Zone, despite this I still prefer the Mach bike.

Also, I can finish the game within 2 hours in an emulator, only if I get the Mach bike early.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I like the Mach Bike best but it's a bit difficult to control. The Acro Bike is too slow for my taste and the stunts didn't impress me.

The thing I found really annoying in the Hoenn games and I rarely see mentioned as a flaw is the need to fly to Mauville to swap bikes. This was a horrible mechanic IMO. Luckily they fixed it in the Sinnoh games by adding the gear option instead of two different bikes.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I would definietly prefer the acro bike as it is waaay easier to control than the mach bike even though it is slower plus the added tricks are a bonus

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Mach, Mach, Mach.
The speed saves me a lot of time, especially when I'm breeding.
The Acro bike takes me to the North East section of the Safari Zone, despite this I still prefer the Mach bike.

Also, I can finish the game within 2 hours in an emulator, only if I get the Mach bike early.
What's the fun in finishing a video game in a extremely fast time? o_O

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I preferred the Acro as with the Mach bike I would just crash into everything ;-;.

stell

a proiectura
Years
the mach bike had several concrete advantages: several areas seemed exclusively accessible to it (like, those rolling things that let you slide up a mountain or something? yeah, those.), it was the only real way to get to rayquaza, and it gave some actual speed to your travel throughout hoenn.

the acro bike really only let you do the little tricks and, really, i can't really think of a time you actually require it for access to an area. but having both bikes have exclusive access to certain areas makes for an annoying trip back to mauville if you have the wrong bike, you know?

Heather

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
I love the acro bike! Even tho the mach bike was faster... I value cool tricks over speed :P

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Acro Bike. I loved doing the tricks and I always made it a point to make my secret base somewhere where the Acro Bike was required. XD

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
While I really liked the cool features of the Acro Bike, it wasn't really useful for anything other than getting certain items. The Mach Bike on the other hand, was way superior, simply due to how much faster travel became with it. It was easy to lose control over it though, and it'd usually take some time for me to master it for the Sky Pillar. I really liked riding down the Cycling Road with the Mach Bike though, and try to see if I could beat my own high-score, and I think it was a really neat feature :p I kept bumping into the darn bikers though >:[

Back