• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?pc Is Back With New Features!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack_Slash_Scizor

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2006
lol, good work, im makin a side game with sphere, and i know how hard that is, so this must also be pretty dmn hard to make.im srry, but i dpont get what it is tho? is it a pkmn game or what, cos all i culd do was walk around on 2 maps... which is cool, but i dont know if immmissing something or not...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2011
Don't mean to be a pain but correct english helps alot ;) This is an engine like the rpg maker series but it's sole purpose is to make pokemon games :D So basically think 'Pokemon RPG maker' . . . pretty much sums it up lol I hope that helped :classic:

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Hack_Slash_Scizor said:
oh ok, thx :D, good luck Extraordinary, and btw, what are u making it with...?
He's using VisualBasic...

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
sphereslayer said:
I think it's great that your doing this. Vb, while considered an easy language to learn, is ALOT harder to work with than the rpg maker series. Anyone who criticizes ExtraOrdinary's work needs to ask themselves "Could I do this ?" The majority of you will answer "NO I can't, I'm too useless and lazy to learn how to." Constructive criticizm, Im sure is appreciated but not blunt remarks like:

Anyways on a lighter note, ExtraOrdinary keep up the good work, I'll be following closely, this looks like a project thats actually going to be finished :classic: Good luck !
To be fair to Raccoon, ExtraOrdinary did ask for "personal opinions" of the engine. That's exactly what he gave, he didn't like a part of it so he said it.

Well, true, the movement does need to be fixed. Jeff explained the problem earlier in the thread so I wont just repeat what he said.

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Totally true, I asked for personal opinion in the CURRENT VERSION but after you reply by the steps I put in the head of the topic!

I only tried to make the topic more regular like a wide non-limited poll, but it now seems to be a jungle of acute criticizm!! :dead: :dead:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2011
Like I said CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICIZM, theres no need for blunt unhelpful remarks, if you've got nothing good or HELPFUL to say, don't say anything at all.

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
are we supposed to be able to make our own maps and stuff, or just walk around in the ones you made, because that's all I seem to be able to do...

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Concerning editing maps and other stuff, I haven't made a decision yet!
I should first finish the basic functions in my engine, then I will decide what data can be edited and other data which are constant.

Any way, I won't make any release for the public before version 1.0 (Official first release)!!

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Major Update (0.6):
Supported map connections finally!
Wrapping methods were fixed!
More tilesets and sprites were added!

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
So... What's the purpose of this then if you're not going to make it a game engine?

Matt12345678

The Famous N00b
Years
What should I post in my reply?
->Your windows type (XP/ME). XP
->FPS you see while running the engine (i.e. the number you see up in the screen while you are running the engine). 50
->Your rating for the engine (0 to 10) Based on the fact that you just began it, i'd rate it 10/10 for what was there
->Your personal opinion and suggestions for the engine (feel free! ) I can't wait to see the Custom Battle System!
->If an error occured, DON'T POST IT! Instead PM me.

Outermon

Really Bored
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 23, 2012
on the main page of pokepc.tk you could put a direct, ENGLISH link plz. I cant read it, i am downloading .4 now.

Outermon

Really Bored
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 23, 2012
My computer just gives up on the download in 5 mins (literally) and it says its done and then it says the zip is incomplete!

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Don't double post.

Delete the incomplete file, and then attempt to save the file another folder when downloading it again.

Years
Your windows type (XP/ME)
FPS you see while running the engine (i.e. the number you see up in the screen while you are running the engine): Average 56-60 FPS
Your rating for the engine (0 to 10): 4 (not much to rate ATM)
Your personal opinion and suggestions for the engine (feel free!): The color palettes on your ripped sprites were horrible, I suggest you get new ones.

Other than that everything else seems fine. Didn't really have any problems with the engine myself.

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Thanks everybody for the cool replies!
for pokepc.tk it's such crappy! It's an Arabic site in fact for translating pokemon ruby and ninja gaiden game!
Gonna fix sprites more!
Finally, big thank you goes for Chimou!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back